Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
pages of disconnect errors
Offline 09-01-2013, 08:26 AM (This reply was last modified: 09-01-2013 08:27 AM by Ruella.)(Edited by Ruella.)
Reply: #1
pages of disconnect errors
Is anyone else having this problem?

We have one user who sits online alone for hours and the site just keeps losing their connection. It doesn't usually happen while anyone is chatting, though sometimes it does (the other night it was really bad and we had to migrate to pesterchum to chat.)

Our logs lately are just pages of disconnect errors. :/
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Reply: #2
RE: pages of disconnect errors
(09-01-2013 08:26 AM)Ruella Wrote:  Is anyone else having this problem?

We have one user who sits online alone for hours and the site just keeps losing their connection. It doesn't usually happen while anyone is chatting, though sometimes it does (the other night it was really bad and we had to migrate to pesterchum to chat.)

Our logs lately are just pages of disconnect errors. :/

This is due to the lag right now, the server just isn't meant to hold this many people. It'll be fixed sooner or later.
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Reply: #3
Sadly I have noticed it has been getting worse, ever since the last update/un-update like a week ago though...

Tis also just completely not posting what people are saying half the time either.

Hopefully they do something about it all soon, cause I see more folks gonna start migrating to Pesterchum, Skype or other chat servers to continue RP's cause folks are getting frustrated as heck with it all.
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 09-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Reply: #4
I was having this problem too for about a week after the update. But starting around two or three days ago, the lag seems to have cleared up, even at peak hours. I also noticed that the user count has dropped by half.

I just don't have another $80 to spend every month to get a second server. If someone else wanted to pay for it, that'd be fine, but most people don't have that kind of money and offers to donate tend to be rather vague.

To be honest, I'd rather have half the user base and no lag at a price I can afford. And places like Skype or Pesterchum may be better suited to long term groups of friends who don't mind sharing contact info with one another. We'll probably be able to double the capacity for handling users in a month or two. But whether 3000 or 6000 people visit the page on a daily basis, they're both such huge numbers, that there's no way I'd ever get to roleplay with even one quarter of them.
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 10-17-2019, 12:54 AM
Reply: #5
A short story is ensured for the mistakes of the children for future offers. The timely success of the superiorpapers is improved for the accentuation of the goals. The margin is faced for the width of the blocks and all offers for the citizens for the future offers. its impact is widely informed for the kids.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)