Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
How to rp as Meulin Leijon.
Offline 12-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Reply: #1
How to rp as Meulin Leijon.
Ok, so I have had much experience with roleplaying as Meulin. She is not an easy character to roleplay as being with her cat puns, her "Fogy" think-pan, and her faces at the beginning of her sentences/ or paragraphs.

The first thing you have to note are her cat puns, they are the most difficult because you can easily miss one. First we will start with "Furr", the reason I'm starting with "Furr" is because of "First". "First" is the best demonstration for her puns, and so is "For". Instead of "First" she will use "Furrst" and instead of "For" she would use "Furr". Second pun is of course, "Purr". "Purr" is a difficult one, you can not only use it in the demonstration that is next but you will need to use "Efurry" and "Furry" instead of "Every" and "Very". She will say thing like "Purrfect" and "Purrefer" instead of the normal, "Perfect" and "Prefer". One more that I will like to note is "Feline" Feline is fairly simple; She will only use it when referring to "Line". The last I will like to say is "Mew" or "Meow". She will call herself "Meowlin" while roleplaying, if you ever run into a Nepeta, call her "Nepawta" even though I'm not demonstrating "Paw" in puns.

The next thing I would like to say are her Typing quirks and what she would call certain people. She types in capital letters much like Karkat, or as her and Nepeta would call him, "Karkitty". The only difference her and Karkat have is that she does not curse as often. She will say the occasional "Fuck" and "Bitch" and in some cases would call someone a "Slut" (Pointed directly at Cronus). She will call her ex-matesprite Kurzorz, and she calls humans "Precious Gay Babys", she learned this from Aranea. She will call Calliope "Calico Cat". Just like Nepeta, Meulin uses 33 instead of EE. Please do not mistake the 33 thing for also using it just E by itself as 3, though this is a simple mistake I see a lot of people use it when roleplaying as Meulin or Nepeta. Instead of OMG, Meulin uses TGM. This stands for The Great Messiah.

Meulin's personality is pretty strait foreword. Make sure you remember to pretend you don't remember some of the stuff you were roleplaying, the reason for this is because she go's through short bursts of forgetful ness. The next thing is that she if forgiving, she forgave Kurloz for making her deaf and for Meenah trying to kill her multiple times. The last thing is her politeness, she is very polite. She asks if someons wants to be in smut fan-fic or "FRIENDFIC" as Meenah called it in there conversation of weather Meenah has flushed feelings for Karkat. She will also squeal once in a while saying things like "F33333333333333333LS!" and/or "I N3333333D IT".

This is all you need to know about Roleplaying as Meulin, thank you for reading these long paragraphs. (God damn there long)
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-02-2015, 08:15 AM (This reply was last modified: 12-02-2015 08:28 AM by Iron Thorn.)(Edited by Iron Thorn.)
Reply: #2
RE: How to rp as Meulin Leijon.
One thing you missed: Meulin has adopted the super-healthy and not at all dysfunctional coping method of repressing her negative feelings, masking them with a cheerful smile. This is prime territory for roleplay: what happens when she can't hide it anymore? Does she cry, yell at people, beat up a pillow, what?

Another thing: At no time in the comic does Nepeta refer to Karkat as Karkitty. She does refer to him as Karcat once or twice though.

Almost always on as the Disciple. Have been known to play Psiioniic and Dolorosa as well.

Ask me about my art and/or infuriating fantrolls.
x1(list)
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Reply: #3
Thank you for saying this, I forget a lot of things such as her emoticons, I also say the Karkitty thing because I thought it was a lot cuter then Karcat. (I understand this is inaccurate and I'm sorry) From looking over her conversations I see no sign of her freaking out/ or having a mental break down on something, though I do imagine it will happen in the neat future.
Offline 07-24-2018, 02:07 PM
Reply: #4
Thanks a lot. I'm getting started on the Leijons and Meulin was my first approach.
Offline 07-24-2018, 06:05 PM
Reply: #5
(12-01-2015 03:54 PM)Piapa Rusuku Wrote:  She will say the occasional "Fuck" and "Bitch" and in some cases would call someone a "Slut" (Pointed directly at Cronus).

Could we have a proof link of her calling Cronus a slut? I haven't found it in Part 2 of Openbound aka the only canon part where she's speaks.

(12-01-2015 03:54 PM)Piapa Rusuku Wrote:  and she calls humans "Precious Gay Babys", she learned this from Aranea.

Can we have a prooflink of her mentioning that it was Aranea who told her that about humans?

(12-01-2015 03:54 PM)Piapa Rusuku Wrote:  She will call Calliope "Calico Cat".

Can we have a prooflink of her ever mentioning Calliope?

(12-01-2015 03:54 PM)Piapa Rusuku Wrote:  Instead of OMG, Meulin uses TGM. This stands for The Great Messiah.

From page 6/007208, [S][A6I3] ==>

MEENAH: sup meu
MEULIN: (=`ω´=) < 33333333333!!!!!!!!!
MEULIN: (^・ω・^ ) < GOMGOMGOGOMGOGMMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOG. MOG!!!
 #EM #OH #G33
MEENAH: whoa leijon
MEENAH: your rumble spheres
MEENAH: clam those suckas this instant
MEULIN: (^・x・^) < NO.
MEULIN: (=^・^=) < I WILL NOT CLAM THEM.
MEULIN: ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿 < THEY WILL STAY WILDLY AND GL33FURRY UNCLAMMED, BECAUSE, AND I REPEAT:
MEULIN: (^・o・^)ノ < MOG.
MEENAH: mog
MEULIN: (=^・^=) < MOG, M33NAH.
MEULIN: ~(=^‥^)ノ < _MOG_!!!!!!!!!
 #:33
MEENAH: idgi
MEULIN: (^._.^)ノ < M33NAH. MOG COULD NOT BE ANY SIMPLER.
 #UNLESS SPELLED CORRECTLY
MEENAH: dude fuck mog
MEENAH: oh wait you mean omg
MEULIN: (=^・ω・^=) < (=^-ω-^=)
MEENAH: well fuck that too

Conversely, nowhere in canon TGM is found used by Meulin. Or by anyone else.

I'm sorry for sounding like an ass but this guide seems to mix canon with fanon or headcanon. While headcanoning is a vital part in roleplaying it is preferrable to state what are canon facts and what are your own suggestions.

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)