MEDICAL ROLEPLAY: HOW TO
Offline 04-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Reply: #11
RE: MEDICAL ROLEPLAY: HOW TO
Bring this back for anyone who might need it

[Image: fHcSINu.gif]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-12-2016, 09:53 AM (This reply was last modified: 04-12-2016 10:12 AM by joyfulldreams.)(Edited by joyfulldreams.)
Reply: #12
Hey! This is all super useful, but I've got a specific question. There doesn't seem to be much of anything related to blunt force trauma, head injuries/concussions/brain stuff, or rib fractures/cracking/bruising.

I have characters get hit hard in the chest and/or head quite a lot on RP's (either by fists or stairs or car windshields or what have you) and I'm never really sure what the proper procedures to deal with broken/cracked ribs, and concussions are. All the research I've done basically just says "you make them lie down and sleep a lot and take painkillers" for both.

Does the section on broken bones also apply to broken ribs? How does/can one go about figuring out, without an x-ray, whether or not a rib is actually broken? What about head injuries, from mild to serious? My sister tripped and smacked her head on the corner of a door once and I don't know much more about what happened other than that there was blood and she had to get staples in her head, instead of stitches! What's that about?

(Hope my question doesn't seem dumb. All of this medical jargon is super cool and all and here I come with my super pedestrian questions. :x)
Away 04-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Reply: #13
(04-12-2016 09:53 AM)joyfulldreams Wrote:  Hey! This is all super useful, but I've got a specific question. There doesn't seem to be much of anything related to blunt force trauma, head injuries/concussions/brain stuff, or rib fractures/cracking/bruising.

I have characters get hit hard in the chest and/or head quite a lot on RP's (either by fists or stairs or car windshields or what have you) and I'm never really sure what the proper procedures to deal with broken/cracked ribs, and concussions are. All the research I've done basically just says "you make them lie down and sleep a lot and take painkillers" for both.

Does the section on broken bones also apply to broken ribs? How does/can one go about figuring out, without an x-ray, whether or not a rib is actually broken?

(Hope my question doesn't seem dumb. All of this medical jargon is super cool and all and here I come with my super pedestrian questions. :x)

This is a great question, I'd like to know too for future reference OwO

Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 04-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Reply: #14
I'll be editing this soon to answer your questions. They're very good ones. But RN I'm on mobile.

Offline 04-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Reply: #15
AAA! You did so well at this! I always have a hard time at rping this stuff. I would ask my mom, who is a nurse, but she usually is like; "Uhh, why?? Denae what did you do,, did you hurt someone???" But my mom's great, aha! And so are youuuuu! Keep up the amazing work! ♥

[Image: tumblr_m6fryhcL5d1qie58x.gif]
Offline 04-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Reply: #16
Gahhh tyty!! <3

Offline 04-16-2016, 02:37 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-16-2016 02:38 PM by joyfulldreams.)(Edited by joyfulldreams.)
Reply: #17
Heeey! Any headway on those edits? I'm in like 3 different RP's right now where my character has or will probably soon have a chest and head injury. Super stoked to finally know how that's actually supposed to go. 83
Offline 04-16-2016, 02:57 PM
Reply: #18
Sorry for the wait! It's on my to-do list for this weekend :P

Offline 04-16-2016, 03:06 PM
Reply: #19
(04-16-2016 02:57 PM)LittleBirdhouseInYourSoul Wrote:  Sorry for the wait! It's on my to-do list for this weekend :P

Thanks so much!!!! I'm looking so forward to it.
Offline 04-17-2016, 04:53 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2016 05:04 PM by LittleBirdhouseInYourSoul.)(Edited by LittleBirdhouseInYourSoul.)
Reply: #20
So I was editting the guide when I realized that blunt force trauma is pretty easy to treat, and doesn't really fall under a medical situation category. Really all that's needed is to follow the ABC's (Airway, Breathing, Circulation) and make sure that their airway is clear, there is breathing, and that blood circulation is present. Beyond that, it just depends on what's been damaged, such as organs, bones, etc etc. which is already stated in the guide.

So yeah. Not too sure if it's deserving of it's own section tbh. But I'll think of something.

(04-12-2016 09:53 AM)joyfulldreams Wrote:  Hey! This is all super useful, but I've got a specific question. There doesn't seem to be much of anything related to blunt force trauma, head injuries/concussions/brain stuff, or rib fractures/cracking/bruising.

Does the section on broken bones also apply to broken ribs? How does/can one go about figuring out, without an x-ray, whether or not a rib is actually broken? What about head injuries, from mild to serious? My sister tripped and smacked her head on the corner of a door once and I don't know much more about what happened other than that there was blood and she had to get staples in her head, instead of stitches! What's that about?

Funny you ask about brain stuff. I just so happen to have an entire roleplay how-to on how to use brain surgery, but I didnt bother posting it because I thought no one else would wanna get into the nitty gritty stuff.

Added!

As for broken ribs, take a deep breath, put a little bit of pressure on the injured area but not to the point where you're going to make it worse, just a bit of pressure. Then turn your spine. If the pain significantly increases, a broken rib is very likely.

Also as for stitches and staples, they both do the intended job. Just that stitches are stronger and cover wider areas, where as staples can cover small areas and actually is not as durable as stitches.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)