Freshness Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
Board update for filtering Group Connections
Offline 09-24-2015, 07:16 PM (This reply was last modified: 09-24-2015 10:06 PM by epithetic.)(Edited by epithetic.)
Reply: #1
Board update for filtering Group Connections
Due to popular demand and after much discussion and deliberation, you can now finally tag your memos in the Group Connections sections and filter the list accordingly. When opening a new memo in the relevant sections, you will see the following:

[Image: d4i9NMh.png]

You can choose to tick any combination of these boxes to specify the type of group chat you/your group is running to make it easier to find. The available categories are:

Canon: This group allows canon characters.
OC: This group allows original characters.
Fandom: This group is based on a specific fandom, or is a crossover (e.g. gemstuck).
AU: This chat takes place in an Alternate Universe setting.
(S)cript: This chat allows or prefers script-style roleplay.
(P)aragraph: This chat allows or prefers paragraph-style roleplay.

These tags will show up next to your memo title in the board listing, and can be used to quickly look for specific types of chats. On the board listing, you will notice the new filter box:

[Image: DFB39Bf.png]

Selecting any of the boxes here and clicking "Go" will limit the displayed memos to those matching your selected criteria. If you need a refresher on what each tag means, you can tap/hover over the question mark and it will helpfully tell you. Additionally, you can click on any of the tag prefixes displayed within the memo or the board listing to filter for that specific tag.

Also note that if you have an established group chat, you can go back and edit your original post to add tags retroactively.

Leave any comments or issues you may discover here, and as always, happy parping!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-24-2015, 08:33 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Board update for filtering Group Connections
Would you say a roleplay taking inspiration from another fandom needs the "Fandom" tag ticked? Or would a simple "AU" suffice?

but why?

cred
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-24-2015, 08:36 PM (This reply was last modified: 09-24-2015 08:36 PM by epithetic.)(Edited by epithetic.)
Reply: #3
Hard to say without an example, but just AU would probably be more fitting if it's only a peripheral part of the roleplay.
Offline 09-25-2015, 01:27 AM
Reply: #4
Nice!

[Image: PML1RdN.gif]
Offline 09-25-2015, 05:10 AM
Reply: #5
Nicely done, this should help finding semi-specific roleplay groups easier.

MS: Ciao~ My name is Antonio Mars Copernicus. You can can just call me "Tony" though, for short. How's your day been coming along?
Offline 09-25-2015, 05:21 AM
Reply: #6
It's so good. Feature enhancement after enhancement, I feel like I am living in some sort of simulation of the future where everything is going my way.

[Image: ic44.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Away 09-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Reply: #7
Woah, nice job admins with the checkbox function! :0

[Image: image.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)