Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Cleaning out the Cherubplay Closet
Offline 09-10-2015, 07:47 AM
Reply: #1
Cleaning out the Cherubplay Closet
I've had interesting luck on Cherubplay, no doubt about it. But today, I realized my Cherubplay consisted entirely of prompts that I had answered but hadn't gotten a reply to. In most cases, their last reply was several months ago, and I'd send a check up message every three weeks or so to make sure everything was alright.

So today, I finally just ended most of them. A few of the ones I really liked I left alone, but there was something satisfying about ending (and in some cases deleting) all those chats that have just been sitting there, reminding me of people who aren't talking to me. Felt pretty good, I've got to say.

mebbe this should be in roleplay feels? oh well it pertained exclusively to cherubplay so we'll see

Sure you want me?
x1(list)
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-10-2015, 03:07 PM (This reply was last modified: 09-10-2015 03:07 PM by lonelyDreamer.)(Edited by lonelyDreamer.)
Reply: #2
RE: Cleaning out the Cherubplay Closet
I know that feeling. It's... a bit liberating, not having to look at chats that haven't gone anywhere and are just kind-of there. You know? It's almost on-edge-putting having chats there and wondering what's going on.

I still have two or three skeletons and one of them was a gorgeous roleplay that still had so much left, and got ended without warning. I tend to get really invested in Cherubplay rp's, so I'll probably hold onto it for a while! Ahahhah.

i am a lump of coal in your stocking

(04-11-2015 01:57 AM)inexplicablyGhastly Wrote:  Slow down there, Satan. That's enough feels for the day.

Kinks: character development, angst, feels

Pronouns: she/her
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-14-2015, 04:21 AM
Reply: #3
Ah yes. Getting rid of old roleplays that have never gotten an answer. I have to admit, I've done as much myself.

Except in one case, where my partner was nice enough to tell me that they had been going through problems with their computer. I appreciated the fact that they thought that someone was behind those colored paragraphs, that people have a mind, regardless of where they are, or if they are anonymous.

But yeah, deleting unanswered prompts is satisfying.

[Image: 1449486851051161000.gif]
I am the Swiss Chandelure of MSPARP. I can play as tAVROS, John or jade. Or as a Chandelure
Offline 11-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Reply: #4
I've got a few of those too that I just can't let go. But cleaning up does feel nice.
You keep hoping maybe one day they'll come back though. I'm almost scared to post a little "hello?" or "everything alright?" because sometimes that just results in them ending the chat.
Offline 12-14-2015, 11:46 AM (This reply was last modified: 12-14-2015 11:46 AM by OnceUponAStrider.)(Edited by OnceUponAStrider.)
Reply: #5
Just a fun fact -- still have several of those chats open with no reply. So that's like, half a damn year of no replies to any messages and not closing the chat. Cherubplay is just sad sometimes.

Sure you want me?
Offline 12-14-2015, 02:15 PM
Reply: #6
(12-14-2015 11:46 AM)OnceUponAStrider Wrote:  Just a fun fact -- still have several of those chats open with no reply. So that's like, half a damn year of no replies to any messages and not closing the chat. Cherubplay is just sad sometimes.

Same!! I have like... four chats in which they have not replied for over half a year, and one in which the other participant hasn't replied in a year. They all said something along the lines of life getting in the way, and I didn't want to be an ass and leave because of that. Ahh, such is life.
(。•́ω•̀。)

[Image: usDxVcS.png]
Offline 12-23-2015, 11:55 PM
Reply: #7
honestly, i have pages upon pages of people that i am waiting replies on. most of them are near and dear to my heart or the other participant is just so /good/ and provides such a great description that i hope they will reply. but a cleaning is long overdue

Dreams are for free so let them dream

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)