Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Modifier Ideas?
Offline 09-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Reply: #1
Question Modifier Ideas?
Idk if it belongs here...but do you have any ideas for any interesting modifiers?

Something like
In a fedora! Rose
Neko! Nepeta

etc.

I wanted to know if you have any interesting ideas for modifiers...because normally when I try to chat people disconnect, hopefully they will stay if there is a cool modifier and maybe it will be interesting? Smile

[Image: tumblr_mp633gEWGa1sqw6q1o7_400.gif]
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Modifier Ideas?
The modifiers I enjoy using are
Caught Licking The TV Remote!
Licking a Stolen Traffic Light!
and
Parrot On Head!

The first two work best for Terezi, though.

[Image: CzObb1v.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Reply: #3
This might fit under general chat a little more? -shrugshrug- :0

I think some of the best modifiers are situational ones! Right off the bat, you and your RP partner have something to work with. Stuck in a vending machine!John, taped to the ceiling!Karkat, in a chair!Feferi- even if they're weird or silly, you've essentially got a prompt for both you and your RP partner in RP without leaving them with "does nepeta have cat ears instead of horns or both?" sorts of questions, and can often times end up with more roleplays if only because it isn't quite such an AU modifier. Just like in a fedora!Rose. Why is she in a fedora? Who knows, but it's something, and you and your partner can start a conversation about it.

Otherwise, AU modifiers I feel are just generally hard to get random rp action with sometimes! It's really a gamble, hoping you'll run into someone just as invested as roleplaying with Demon!Jake as you are actually roleplaying him. When someone does connect though, it can be pretty fun!
So though hard, AU modifiers like your neko!Nepeta, or something like astronaut!Dave, 3 sweeps!Meenh, Beforus!Eridan can also be pretty awesome.

*sets these here*

[Image: PRo9SZp.png]
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 09-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Reply: #4
Hmm... I'm not really one to use modifiers. I'm the kind of guy who just sort of rolls with whatever he's thrown, or let the conversation play out. I think a good idea though, would be something pertaining to the time period.

I cannot express how many times a Roleplay has been kind of iffy on the timeline, where it seems like we're Alterniabound but then they start acting like they've met with the humans and suddenly were visiting hives and also apparently god tier? Perhaps establishing a set timezone would do it, because that can then dictate the entire course the RP takes based on where the characters are in their lives and mindsets.

Sure you want me?
Offline 09-10-2015, 05:49 AM
Reply: #5
Stuck in a vending machine!
Stuck in a box!
Duct-taped to a wall!
Pillow fort!
In a sleeping bag!
Only SLIGHTLY on fire!
Codtier!

...There's more but they aren't too outlandish or original.

MS: Ciao~ My name is Antonio Mars Copernicus. You can can just call me "Tony" though, for short. How's your day been coming along?
Offline 10-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Reply: #6
Island!stuck (As in, crashed on an abandoned island.)
Camp half-blood!stuck
Shitty summer job!stuck
lab partner in chemistry!stuck

these are more like plot modifiers than character mods, but I guess these could work to some degree :? Hope this helped!

[Image: tumblr_moe1rddWbf1qkgagro7_r1_400.gif]
Away 10-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Reply: #7
Doing the Fusion dance!Goku
Stuck in a Healing pool!Vegeta
Tries to kiss Tavros!Uub

That last modifier was, *Vomits*

I can RP as Dave*, Karkat, Sober Roxy. (* This indicates that i am practicing with.).
Offline 08-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Reply: #8
I think this belongs here idk.

I honestly enjoy using the hungover! Modifier.
You can go about it several ways
1. Your character was soo drunk they dont remember the previous night. They ask the other person what happened. This one works better if you are blank on other rp ideas and it allows the other person to set a sort of scenario.
2. Your character remembers what happened last night, which can mean an uncomfortable situation comes up between the characters, such as if they... that. Or as I usually do if I remember, the characters got in a fight(verbal or physical) and the two characters have to work that out.
As far as Ive gone, i havent seen anybody else with this modifier, so chances are you wont run into another person specifically doing it. It,d be cool to run into another person using this.

Sweet jegus this post is too long.
Offline 08-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Reply: #9
Been several years since I've seen this particular thread be used.

But here, have another odd modifier: Covered in bacon soup!

MS: Ciao~ My name is Antonio Mars Copernicus. You can can just call me "Tony" though, for short. How's your day been coming along?

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)