Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
How did you find your muses?
Away 09-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Reply: #31
RE: How did you find your muses?
I would have to say my main muse, Rose, is my main muse because we're very similar in personality. I only started roleplaying her recently and she has since become my favorite.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-27-2015, 02:29 PM (This reply was last modified: 09-27-2015 02:29 PM by disconnectionSolved.)(Edited by disconnectionSolved.)
Reply: #32
Much unlike the suggestions of my signature, my main muse is actually Karkat. I'm probably able to RP him most out of my muses because of how aggressive and ornery he is with others, plus the fact that he has a tendency to rant. Two things that are...
Easy to pull off for me.

[Image: tumblr_maqcknSqqp1qe1k6d.gif]
Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ﹐ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ...
ɢʜᴏsᴛʏTʀɪᴄᴋsᴛᴇʀ
Offline 09-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Reply: #33
For me it was Aranea or Marquise Mindfang, since part of Aranea's personality is kind of like mine so its easy to relate and Marquise was I knew how to play on a good scene as her with the fact that I was kind of like her as well.

[Image: for_goldie_transparent_by_starrypelt2whi...aghh1o.png]
ER: leggings should not exist, whoever cReated leggings should be dRopped into a pit of self destRucting and staRving meow beast
Offline 10-04-2015, 04:10 AM
Reply: #34
Ah yes, my first attempts as various characters...

I primarily really only play 3 characters- Dave, Rose, and Tavros. Dave was the first of those I tried and actually the guy I chose for my first attempt on here! I guess I really just chose Dave because he rambles a shit-ton (which I, too, am guilty of lbr), was incredibly chill, and- in my opinion- the easiest to 'talk' as, at that point. Jade and John's personalities seemed really hard to grasp for me and I LOVED Rose so I was kind of afraid to try her! The trolls? Yeah, they seemed like a far off possibility. So I gave the blonde egg a spin, realized I was actually pretty OK with him, and then the rest is history! Tbh, I hadn't liked Dave much (I mean I did, but him, Jade, and John were always kind of somewhere in between 'OK' and 'Cool' for a while) but playing as him really made me come to love him as a character! Dave also currently has the longest list of characters I'm confident actually trying him out with, too.

Rose is just, like, my favorite Beta Kid. I really didn't want to mess her up so I left her alone for a long time. I rationalized to myself that it would be fine- I can kind of write in a flowery manner, I'm definitely sarcastic, etc- and I finally tried her out... And I loved it. I kind of really just decided to pick her up on a whim- She was favorite and I wanted to be able to do more than just Dave.

Tavros I felt somewhat obligated to try. He's my patron and I'm definitely as insecure as him, so I felt like being able to play him was something I needed to figure out. I'm still really bad at scripting him though, it's just easier to do paragraph with him for some reason! I also didn't really like Tav that much (I liked him, but he annoyed he for whatever reason) but, similarly to Dave, playing as him really made me like him.

And that's my incredibly boring story.

[Image: xM7LJVW.gif]
Offline 10-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Reply: #35
I really found my main three for multiple different reasons. I found Dave first, because I really ship davekat, and my friends would only rp Karkat. You see the issue there. Eventually I learned his character inside and out, almost to the point where I needed new characters or else Dave would get boring. A lot of practice with that one, honestly. Then I found Caliborn because I needed to be him for a plot point in an rp, and turns out I was actually pretty decent. According to my friends, at least. So I picked up him. And last but not least, I love rping as Vriska, mainly because of the fact that I relate to her 100%. (And she's my zodiac troll, added bonus!) It makes it much easier to act as the character when you have a similar personality.

[Image: tumblr_moe1rddWbf1qkgagro7_r1_400.gif]
Offline 10-08-2015, 03:47 AM
Reply: #36
My main muse is Kankri, and he always has been.
I believe in your muse choosing you, rather than the other way around, so in my experience, it was largely Kankri's character speaking out to me. Speaking loudly, mind. I wanted to roleplay Kankri before I even started reading Homestuck (which was a mistake, I'll admit; the tumblr blog I'd started out with no longer exists), but it was that tentative experiment with his character that really got me hooked on wanting to understand him and be so in-tune with him that I could really amaze people with my portrayal. And to some extent, I've succeeded with that, though there is still much room for improvement. Kankri is really the only character I've done such extensive research on, and personally I feel that I could give you an in-depth synopsis/analyzation of his character at the drop of a hat if I put my mind to it. He's much more complex than people like to think, and picking apart his mind has been an experience to say the least.

Of course, part of it did involve me relating to him somewhat. As with Karkat, I could sympathize with his role as an underdog, what with being a mutant. Not to mention that I can be something of a social justice warrior, though I wouldn't associate myself with the wretched stereotype that's been given to tumblr sjws, and while I don't come close to the degree Kankri does when preaching about equality, I believe in it just as strongly all the same. Kankri's (and Karkat's) struggles also drew me in because I have this disgusting caretaker complex which makes me want to help every pitiful creature I come across. Don't get me wrong; I don't baby Kankri as a muse or any of that noise because that would just be all sorts of wrong as someone who roleplays him, but at the same time I concern myself with his struggles, and it's sort of a mutually-beneficial relationship because not only do I get to care for the "wounded", but I can lowkey help him to reach his independence through character development.

It is sort of disorienting starting from scratch with each new interaction, though ^^'

"For the Knight looked upon his Bard all acting up and completely losing his shit and he did resolve to calmeth his juggalo ass right the fuck down."
Offline 12-19-2015, 11:29 AM
Reply: #37
I'm still pretty new to roleplaying and don't do it a lot because of er... performance anxiety so when I was deciding on a character I wanted to do a simple one that was at least somewhat similar to myself.

Friends started calling me Jane because of my Cosplay and because I can be a little like her so I thought "Hey why not try Jane?"

Of course I didn't anticipate trying to memorize her vocabulary Tongue

Jane English reporting for duty ;B [Image: NcZuKqE.png]

DirkJane and Crockpot give me life
Offline 12-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Reply: #38

[Image: YXwIMek.gif]
TA: iim ju2t iin2ane.
TA: deal wiith iit you wu22.

~SOL
Offline 12-19-2015, 08:59 PM
Reply: #39
Oh my muse!
Before i read homestuck my friend who (already read it) told me that I look and act like Jade. I had a garden like her also a big white dog.
When i started reading the webcomic i thought that she was just a girl who randomly falls asleep.
But then when comic start geting forward i started liking her more and the one day I start rping her. She is very adorable, cute, nerdy, character.

Other charachter I roleplay is Feferi. She is very optimistic and EXITED! To rp her I need to get out all my happiness and happy thoughts. Most important i have to have fun while doing it. This goes for rp every character!

Whit Porrim things are little more difficult. Just you have to act more feminine and cofident. I sometimes act like a teen mom when i rp her.

I fix, I create, I am who i am!
Have a merry christmas!!
[img]C:\Users\LHristova\Downloads\tumblr_mwrrw6yKJM1shho8io1_500.gif[/img]
Offline 12-21-2015, 02:37 AM
Reply: #40
Haha, okay so like most other people on this thread my first main muse wasn't my current main, and it actually took lots of time to work up to where I am now.

So, the first Homestuck character I took a serious liking to was Vriska, after only maybe a couple panels with her in it and I just did a whole load of research on her before taking to the now, old and forgotten, trollplay to try my hand at her. Needless to say it was basically elongating most of my words, being a bigger 8itch than necessary and probably just, wrecking havoc. And honestly the reason I took such a liking to her was because of the fact that I happened to look like her, and talk like her.
God, I was a superficial little shit.

But anyway. Following that, when I'd finally caught up to the update of the time and had decided I wanted to barge my way into the RP arena, the character I followed with was Terezi. And Karkat. And my reason behind that was disgusting shipping needs. Or it was for a while, until I started to mature and over the years my love for both of those characters became so entrenched that I would spend hours researching on them and analyzing their characters. (Not to mention, how painfully similar Karkat was to a lot of my own speech mannerisms, interactions, and overall personality)

[Image: tumblr_static_karezipixel.gif]
what the hell is a karkat?
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)