Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
How did you find your muses?
Offline 09-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Reply: #11
RE: How did you find your muses?
When I started to RP I started comparing myself to the Canon characters. After some comparison, I noticed that I'm close to John personality wise. So, I began using him.

I RP John Egbert, Fefetasprite and Nepeta Lejion . You can see me RPing my three OCs: ir0nicEye (Metri0), CANINECRUSADER (CANISS), and unde@d@rgon@ut (sirius)
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-10-2015, 05:45 AM
Reply: #12
I started here as a Gamzee(non-sober) because he seemed the most, easy, and just, chill motherfucker to kinda get any sorta shit started and the most flexible because, well, knowing him and his sopered up antics, HOW THE FUCK DID HE GET STUCK IN A VENDING MACHINE, or WHY THE HELL IS HE DUCT-TAPE COCOONED TO A WALL?! He's a goof and he's pretty chill, just an easy guy to do ya know? And, then I tried my hand at cod-tier Gamzee. Whoooooooo boy, did shit get dark c: Like, DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN I've got a small little rotting spot in my brain that just oozes out the dark and dank in all the wrong ways. Example, I found a militarystuck Nepeta and we were on Earth and Gamzee's weapons of choice since he is FUCKING DURABLE AND WON'T, FUCKING, DIE!, is a grenade launcher and a flamethrower. :o) I need a psychiatrist.

Then I think there was Tavros, cause, well I wanted to give him a try cause he wasn't TOO complicated. Just, well, don't stutter too much because he does have a pintance of, confidence in him. ...At least when he isn't dealing with Vriska. Then uh, yeah, shit's not too great..... Oh uh, I noticed that I don't swear a lot as him. He probably, PROBABLY, does but I've yet to actually do a LOT of it as him. As opposed to Gamzee at least.

Or Karkat. God, damn Karkat. That god damn fucking loud-mouthed cock wrinkle of a troll. He was a bit more of a challenge because he tends to do longer sentences and has near perfect grammar. At least when he isn't rushing anything. Or making those RARE innuendo tongue slips that just flap about when he's got your tits on my mind. FUCK! ...Yeah you see what I mean? He's just, fun. I get to be real creative in my insults and shouting, and he can also have moments where he can just talk and have a quick feels jam. Get me going though and I start to become Kankri. Almost.

Speaking of which, I've done Kankri once or twice in a shitty smut chat(there are good ones, I was just refering to a chat where the characters were EXTREMELY OOC and the actual smut was poorly-written)as a FunPolice!KANKRI and I let out PARAGRAPHS. In the same room was a fellow rp'er who was doing Handmaid and showing the chat QUALITY roleplay amidst a sea of, well, shit. It's not like it FELT like they were all NEW, but, just that they didn't CARE. Hell I was even threatened to be silenced because I was so in character with Kankri in my rants- I mean, public service announcements. The vast majority of the group wanted me to stick around though, they were good sports about it at least. I did eventually write up a way to leave though, with Kankri being left in a dumpster. Unconscious. It felt good to really rant.

There was also one time where I did a Male!Aradiab0t as a sort of joke. It, went alright but I don't plan on having it being any sort of long term thing. BEEP!

And then I've got a couple OCs here and there that I've tried roleplaying as on here and it went okay I suppose.

MS: Ciao~ My name is Antonio Mars Copernicus. You can can just call me "Tony" though, for short. How's your day been coming along?
Offline 09-10-2015, 06:31 AM (This reply was last modified: 09-10-2015 07:13 AM by Phrike.)(Edited by Phrike.)
Reply: #13
i dont remember why exactly i chose caliborn but if i ever want to get into character i just look at this image for hours on end

absorbing that caliborn essence

[Image: v0sQgrx.gif]
~ath do we part
Offline 09-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Reply: #14
I have no idea.

Just.. when I think of Jade, I think "I wanna RP me some dork queen who sleeps next to guns!"

I attempt Karkat.

My main fantrolls:
wingedDaydreamer [HERMES]
cursedProphet [DAELUS]
huntedHuntress [CANIUS]
irritableCobra [XLPHYS]
Offline 09-11-2015, 06:34 AM
Reply: #15
When I was originally figuring out my muses, my origin story is... actually... very similar to Led's. A group of friends wanted me to roleplay Homestuck... and I had seen it before, but never read it. At first, I had played my patron, Kanaya, then I switched to a really, really mean Sollux who ended up shoving the Tavros player into a lake.

Eventually, I actually read homestuck, became a huge Terezi fan, and when Meenah and Dirk were introduced... Holy dongs, I fell in love with them. Recently, after re-reading the intermission and seeing all the SlickPaint stuff, I've gotten really into roleplaying as Spades Slick. Dualscar and Cronus were out of a ship, and... yeah.

[Image: PML1RdN.gif]
Offline 09-11-2015, 07:10 AM
Reply: #16
Not quite sure, to be honest.

Vriska just interested me, somehow. Just so fucked up and so brilliant all at once, I couldn't help but take a liking to her and roleplaying her felt very natural to me. Dynamic, dangerous, a powerful wildcard. Especially once the story delved into some of her mindset, I couldn't help but love the little egomaniac. She's /probably/ my favorite character, both in story and to play, but she wasn't the first I really liked. That's my second favorite character, Rose.

Rose is just such a snarky lil shit, always ready with a witty retort or psyche-probing barb. Especially when the comic first started, her dynamic with her friends and especially John was (and still is) fantastic. Playing her also felt pretty natural to me. My vocabulary is pretty large, which makes her an easy fit, and I tend to type like her out of habit anyway.

The Fact That Kanaya Is My Patron And My Friends Say I Am Similar To Her Makes These Choices Somewhat Disconcerting (who I also enjoy to RP as)

And then we have Karkat. Karkat was a character I liked as well, but I didn't get into RP'ing him because of that. One day I was just fucking pissed as hell, and I wanted to vent, and got the idea; hey. Just act it out creatively through someone whose ground state is 'furious'. Holy shit, it was Nirvana. It felt so good, and just came so easily, drawing on a sense of both inner rage while not letting that come across as hateful.

[Image: rM3XZTMh.gif]
x1(list)
Away 09-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Reply: #17
My main muse is Sollux. He was my favorite character, and I was extremely similar to him. That's why I learned to RP him.

My secondary muses are:
Mituna- I learned to RP him mainly because he was Sollux's dancestor, but I loved his character, too.
Caliborn- He was my favorite villain in all of homestuck.
The Helmsman- Sol's ancestor and I liked his story.
Rufioh- I felt all of my muses were characters that people didn't RP with. I decided to dabble in RPing him since I love Rufioh x Damara. I ended up getting pretty good at him and almost EVERYONE loves him. Seriously, anytime I'm having trouble with who I want to be and I even so much as list him, everyone votes for him.
Kurloz- I absolutely loved his backstory, so I decided to learn to RP him. Eventually, I grew to love him and RPing him.
Offline 09-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Reply: #18
My entire muse thing is bullshit.

[Image: giphy.gif]
My fanadventure is here if you want to check it out.
Away 09-12-2015, 08:22 AM
Reply: #19
(09-11-2015 09:55 AM)Diskord Wrote:  My main muse is Sollux. He was my favorite character, and I was extremely similar to him. That's why I learned to RP him.

My secondary muses are:
Mituna- I learned to RP him mainly because he was Sollux's dancestor, but I loved his character, too.
Caliborn- He was my favorite villain in all of homestuck.
The Helmsman- Sol's ancestor and I liked his story.
Rufioh- I felt all of my muses were characters that people didn't RP with. I decided to dabble in RPing him since I love Rufioh x Damara. I ended up getting pretty good at him and almost EVERYONE loves him. Seriously, anytime I'm having trouble with who I want to be and I even so much as list him, everyone votes for him.
Kurloz- I absolutely loved his backstory, so I decided to learn to RP him. Eventually, I grew to love him and RPing him.

Adding onto this, I had RPed Sol so much that my real life personality was almost exactly Sollux's.
Offline 09-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Reply: #20
For myself, it all kinda started out with my absolutely ADORING Terezi. I had a strong interest at law at the time, and her love of dragons only made it better. God, it made me happy when I read her introduction. So, I started RPing her. Of course, when I started, I was the epitome of shit, so I decided to drop her. My characters then started to switch between Karkat[no one wants to see the absolute shit of a job i did for that], Nepeta[god i cringe] and then... just a chair.

I shit you not.

I roleplayed a chair for roughly 2 months of my life span.

Then, I stumbled upon the most classic and possibly overused group chat, a party. For some odd reason, I decided to pick Davesprite, because hey, he was a pretty rad dude.
That chat ended in me being silenced because I was so OOC and did some pretty disgusting things.
Nonetheless, I enjoyed it, and slowly, I realized my faults after reading up on the legendary bird, and here I am.

The average slop of a Davesprite.

[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8m8sjemsf8ws...g0_640.gif]

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)