Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Most hurtful thing you've been told in an RP session?
Offline 07-04-2017, 09:14 PM (This reply was last modified: 07-04-2017 09:21 PM by Gamizle Makarizzle.)(Edited by Gamizle Makarizzle.)
Reply: #51
RE: Most hurtful thing you've been told in an RP session?
Worst I've had is... that time some Dave roleplayer told me that: "roleplaying genderbends is transphobic can you maybe look into that and never roleplay them again" when I was roleplaying Sis Strider (who I take as more of an OC anyway? I play her way differently than my regular Bro).

Then they proceeded to tell me that they feel sorry for all my trans friends who are "probably fake trans".

Bashed me just for being cis. (I mean, isn't it just fine to be comfortable with your gender? Be whatever you feel like and I'll support you, if it's regular cis, trans, anything in between and all around it, but christ.)

And I pasted them the Oxford Dictionary definition of transphobia because I tend to "fight back" with facts and (this honestly made me laugh so hard) they proceeded to invalidate probably the entire English language by saying, and I quote:

"TG: it was written by cis people. they dont know what theyre talking about."

Then there's:

"TG: youre damn right im a cisphobe lmao down with cis"

I do still have the link to the log and some screenshots.

[Image: j39rr4q]
Fact: Space does not exist.
List of characters I rp is on my profile page!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Away 07-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Reply: #52
While I honestly have nothing substantial to add to the main topic, can I just say that more than anything these "Politically Correct Cisphobe" types of people disgusts me...?

Really, I guess this is a large part of why I don't do PARP anymore, I get goosebumps thinking on possibly encountering people like that. I sure did on Tumblr and YouTube and it got me deep in anxiety the first time. Needless to say I never want to deal with any of them again.

Sorry for ranting, it's just that that person you detailed in your story really touched a nerve. Fuck Political Correctness, I swear to god....

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh
OC count: 91 (and counting)

[Image: oTCvtnR.png]
MY AU :V

PM ME TO RP! CANON OR OC, HOMESTUCK OR NOT! I'm a bit shy, sorry.
Offline 07-05-2017, 04:53 AM
Reply: #53
So sorry you had to experience it too, not to mention anyone else. :(

But hey, that kind of scum is in the minority anyway, and they'll just come up sometimes to stir some shit up with their narrow-minded sewage and then disappear back into the hole they came from. Don't even pay attention to them friendo, they don't deserve your, or anyone else's attention anyway!

On another note, I've also had a chat with a "Naive! Use him!" or something like that Jake as "Intersex! Bro", because hey, it gives a nice twist on his already huge ego and makes him an even teasier asshole (scraping the top of the traits I give him here, bear with me), and I got bashed for sexualising intersex people and whatnot.

Honestly, when it comes to all this gender and identity drama (and this is my opinion formed by what I've seen), people have to chill the fuck out.

There's a lot of times when someone straight up tells you that you're equating your roleplay to reality (IE (TW?): roleplaying gore makes you a murderer, roleplaying dubcon makes you a rapist, roleplaying underage characters makes you a pedophile), but I'm not even going to argue, I'm going to link this and this, explaining how fiction IS NOT reality. It pisses me off when people get on my ass for roleplaying "morally questionable" things.

BUT that's enough of "political correctness". My bad for going on off on a tangent.

[Image: j39rr4q]
Fact: Space does not exist.
List of characters I rp is on my profile page!
Offline 07-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Reply: #54
Oh, yikes.. these are really bad! I've been called many prickly things OOC, buuut most of them came when I was Feferi. As her, I've been told "ew" by a Sollux and even been called a "man-stealing bitch"? I think a lot of people don't understand there's a person behind a character... 38(

Of course, many of my prompts have been insulted as well without me asking for constructive criticism! Last June I had a really in-depth prompt (As I usually do, I've learned to never use them on Parp though). Annnd a Dave read it so I was really excited!! But.. he said something along the lines of..
"that was so cringy to read lol"
and then left! They totally dragged me, hahaha.

[Image: giphy.gif]
i told you everything would be okay
Offline 09-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Reply: #55
Ew... i've only been on the site for a few days and i was lucky enough to only meet nice people (i've even been called "a good Lord English", been told i was fun as Hussie, etc), but what you guys are saying is kinda scary o_o

Are guys like these still around or was it only when the site had just opened ? I don't get how people can even think saying things like these is okay...

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)