Freshness Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3.83 Average
BEFORE BUMPING YOUR THREAD
Offline 08-28-2015, 03:04 PM (This reply was last modified: 08-28-2015 08:27 PM by Yung Venuz.)(Edited by Yung Venuz.)
Reply: #1
Exclamation BEFORE BUMPING YOUR THREAD
This has been a serious annoyance, so please, read this.

Remember that you may only bump a thread once a day. This is to prevent inflated post counts on user profiles and to keep threads free of pointless clutter - ie, eight billion bumps in the span of like 4 days. This rule carries over to other users as well; only one user, regardless of whether they authored the thread or not, may bump it a day.

Any message which only serves to call attention to the post (i.e., "get in here!") counts as a bump.

If the last bump says "[x] hours ago", don't bump. Only after the point at which that changes to "1 day ago" may you bump.

Pop pop, brrrrrap!
I'm Y.V. I have one non-Homestuck OC. Message me if you need something or want to RP for whatever reason I guess, and remember to report posts that violate rules!
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 10-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Reply: #2
RE: BEFORE BUMPING YOUR THREAD
(08-28-2015 03:04 PM)Yung Venuz Wrote:  This has been a serious annoyance, so please, read this.

Remember that you may only bump a thread once a day. This is to prevent inflated post counts on user profiles and to keep threads free of pointless clutter - ie, eight billion bumps in the span of like 4 days. This rule carries over to other users as well; only one user, regardless of whether they authored the thread or not, may bump it a day.

Any message which only serves to call attention to the post (i.e., "get in here!") counts as a bump.

If the last bump says "[x] hours ago", don't bump. Only after the point at which that changes to "1 day ago" may you bump.

What does it mean to bump a thread?

[Image: ask_john_egbert_4_by_leijonnepeta-d6j21ut.jpg]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 10-28-2015, 12:42 AM
Reply: #3
Bumping a thread is leaving a comment (like "Bump", "the mods are in!", or "please join!" Etc,) on a memo for the sake of boosting it to the top of the forum, or "New replies" list, so that people using the forums are more likely to notice it quickly.
Sort of advertises your memo/chat

[Image: PRo9SZp.png]
x1(list)
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 04-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Reply: #4
bump.

[Image: jphfn.png]
Find all replies by this user