Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How to avoid dissapointment
Away 08-09-2015, 02:02 PM (This reply was last modified: 08-09-2015 02:17 PM by Dasva Danya.)(Edited by Dasva Danya.)
Reply: #1
How to avoid dissapointment
When you select a character, such as a common character, a rare character, a fanon OC or just Anonymous character, and you're constantly facing disconnections, here's an easy way to avoid disappointment with connections.

-Be warned, some users "disconnect-refresh" mid roleplay, meaning they refresh the page but it says they disconnect. Give your partner an OOC warning such as: ((Hey I'm refreshing the page real quick.))

-Some users will also fail to connect, leaving you alone in a white box of a chat room. Again, wait five seconds before leaving.

-Some users will also lose connection. This is most likely NOT their fault. However, it seems mobile users don't display the [ XXXX has disconnected ] message, and instead display the connection timed out message.

-If you start losing all hope, try connecting as a different character or get rid of the modifier if you have one.

-If shit really starts getting bad, connect to a group chat via the forums, making sure you follow the rules and go through the reserve list if there is one.

-Do not enter the "please join my chat" kind of chats. Too often you will be auto-silenced and never allowed to speak. There is no way around it.

-If you still wish to rp one on one, but you don't want to change characters, then try filtering out characters that have been constantly disconnecting on you. Eventually, you'll whittle down the selection pool to characters you have yet to interact with. That's the theory anyway.

MARS: Antonio Mars Copernicus has perished upon the sacrificial alter of the Heir. His body now serves as my vessel. I am simply; Mars.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Reply: #2
RE: How to avoid dissapointment
Cool. This sounds good. I'll try it :3

[Image: tumblr_mp633gEWGa1sqw6q1o7_400.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Reply: #3
Very sensible, well written, and helpful. I wish a lot of the newer RPers could see this to prevent that horrible unwanted feeling a lot of people have to deal with. My hat goes off to you. Well done.

Sure you want me?
x1(list)
Offline 10-21-2019, 08:20 PM
Reply: #4
Msparp news provide the bulletin of the news from whole over the world and you have also join this forum and become the member of the site after get the assignmentmasters.co.uk reviews membership and login with password and uploaded the news.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)