Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where did the skirt come from? (Flashy GIF warning)
Offline 07-21-2015, 06:00 AM
Reply: #1
Where did the skirt come from? (Flashy GIF warning)
[Image: latest?cb=20150720033838]

So, why does Davepetasprite^2 wears a skirt? That Nepeta wasn't a dreamself and Davesprite never wore a skirt. Also, general Davepetasprite^2 discussion.

'You can't give her that!' she screamed. 'It's not safe!'
It's a sword. said the Hogfather. They're not meant to be safe.
'She's a child!' shouted Crumley.
It's educational.
'What if she cuts herself?'
That will be an important lesson.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 07-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Where did the skirt come from? (Flashy GIF warning)
(07-21-2015 06:00 AM)Upswing Wrote:  [Image: latest?cb=20150720033838]

So, why does Davepetasprite^2 wears a skirt? That Nepeta wasn't a dreamself and Davesprite never wore a skirt. Also, general Davepetasprite^2 discussion.

D-Did Hussie fuck up?

yeeeee

[Image: GoNfHp9.png]
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 07-21-2015, 07:39 AM (This reply was last modified: 07-21-2015 09:04 AM by epithetic.)(Edited by epithetic.)
Reply: #3
Neither Rose nor Jaspers were a dreamself, but the ^2 sprite nevertheless sported Rose's Derse jammies. What you're looking at here is an altered version of Nepeta's Derse dreamer outfit. So for whatever it's worth it seems that dreamer outfits are a given for ^2 sprites (also evident in the signs!).

That said, it's also worth noting that all personality sprite mergers have been between dreamers of the same moon: Vriska & Tavros (Prospit), AR/Dirk & Equius (Derse), Eridan & half of Sollux (technically both Derse), Dave & Nepeta (both Derse), Feferi & Nepeta (both Derse).

Also if we want to stretch it a bit: Rose & Jaspers (if Cal's canon dreamer outfit is anything to go by, Jaspers is likely to follow Rose's association with Derse), Jade & Bec (both Prospit, same logic), Tavros & GCat (both Prospit, same logic - GCat was also most closely associated with Jane in the narrative, who is a Prospit player). Heck, even Nannasprite (Harlequin belonging to Prospit dreamer + Prospit dreamer) works.

I'm not sure whether that has any significance, but there does seem to be a definite link between spritification and the relevant moons.
x1(list)
x1
Offline 07-21-2015, 07:59 AM
Reply: #4
Epithetic, I think you mean Eridan and not Equius. :33

But thank you for bringing this up! I thought that Jasprosesprite^2's moon came from the Eldritch Princess Doll that Jaspers was merged with, but i guess I was wrong.

It is strange however with not only the skirt, but the symbol as well? I mean Nepeta was never her dreamself there, but epithetic could be right.

Tobi387/M/Leo/Prospit/PatronTroll:Gamzee
[Image: tumblr_myugcbRL1Z1t5aqpfo1_500.gif]
I RP as Nepeta :33.
Katnep <33
Offline 07-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Reply: #5
Fixed, thanks.

For both ^2 sprites the sign is a combination of their dreamer symbol with their aspect superimposed (Dave's aspect in this case). The princess/Jaspers did not have a moon either.
Offline 07-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Reply: #6
Outfit discussion and the excellent points epithetic made aside, I was sort of on the fence about Davepetasprite^2 at first but suddenly I love everything about them?? It just works for me, in a weird way. Even if the colour scheme still gives me a headache.

Looking forward to seeing the reactions of their 'bros from the past'.
x1(list)
x1
Offline 07-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Reply: #7
(07-21-2015 07:39 AM)epithetic Wrote:  Neither Rose nor Jaspers were a dreamself, but the ^2 sprite nevertheless sported Rose's Derse jammies. What you're looking at here is an altered version of Nepeta's Derse dreamer outfit. So for whatever it's worth it seems that dreamer outfits are a given for ^2 sprites (also evident in the signs!).

That said, it's also worth noting that all personality sprite mergers have been between dreamers of the same moon: Vriska & Tavros (Prospit), AR/Dirk & Equius (Derse), Eridan & half of Sollux (technically both Derse), Dave & Nepeta (both Derse), Feferi & Nepeta (both Derse).

Also if we want to stretch it a bit: Rose & Jaspers (if Cal's canon dreamer outfit is anything to go by, Jaspers is likely to follow Rose's association with Derse), Jade & Bec (both Prospit, same logic), Tavros & GCat (both Prospit, same logic - GCat was also most closely associated with Jane in the narrative, who is a Prospit player). Heck, even Nannasprite (Harlequin belonging to Prospit dreamer + Prospit dreamer) works.

I'm not sure whether that has any significance, but there does seem to be a definite link between spritification and the relevant moons.

On the other side, the Rose that became Jasprosesprite^2 was a dreamself. She was the dreamself that died creating the Green Sun and ascended using the Quest Bed inside Derse's moon.

'You can't give her that!' she screamed. 'It's not safe!'
It's a sword. said the Hogfather. They're not meant to be safe.
'She's a child!' shouted Crumley.
It's educational.
'What if she cuts herself?'
That will be an important lesson.
Offline 07-21-2015, 11:25 PM
Reply: #8
I guess, but I'm not sure how accurate is is to count god tiers as dreamselves.
Offline 07-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Reply: #9
(07-21-2015 11:25 PM)epithetic Wrote:  I guess, but I'm not sure how accurate is is to count god tiers as dreamselves.

Most but not all currently alive god tiers so far are dream selves, with Jake being the only exception as of now, I think.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)