Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Vriska vs (Vriska)
Offline 07-03-2015, 04:17 AM
Reply: #11
RE: Vriska vs (Vriska)
Whoawhoawhoa. You need to back the fuck up about stuff on Eridan. :U I would've used Aranea as an example. Not to derail the thread, but here is a good thread on Eridan I definitely think you should read into, before making comparisons like that.

And to be fair, going off of what epithetic and I said earlier, (Vriska) changed, and I don't believe that (Vriska) was the same (Vriska) that Meenah fell for. I think letting Vriska's words cut into her like that was something Meenah didn't care for either, and sort of became the last straw on the camel's back, so to speak. Ending relationships is hard, I'd cry too, if I were Meenah. But she saw a way out, and she took it. I can't really blame her for doing that. Remember, death is eternal. She could've been stuck there for sweeps with (Vriska). Do you know how much that'd suck?

-Ollies outies-

[Image: kdWS62f.gif]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 07-03-2015, 06:02 AM
Reply: #12
I get what you're saying about Meenah and her taking a clear opportunity, but i still think it really sucks!
It's one thing to get out of a possibly eternal unhealthy relationship, and it's another to get out of a possibly eternal unhealthy relationship after the partner you're breaking off with just took some major hits and has actually been reduced to tears and quick retreat. As was mentioned earlier- that's essentially kicking a man while they're down- a betrayal worse than just the relationship thing.
Then again, it would have seemed pretty strange if Meenah didn't take that opportunity! It wasn't just a chance for stepping back from a relationship that wasn't working out, but it was also her chance to actually start doing shit again and not just uselessly hang around a dream bubble, bored and frustrated, waiting for double death.
I'm really just starting to parrot earlier comments here though, whoops.
I really love the updates so far- Dave and Dirk talking was fantastic, Roxy and Kanaya are as lovely as ever, John and Terezi just seem kind of great?
But this update made me pretty sad! I'm hoping there will be a little redemption for this somewhere, though I'm not sure what i'd hope for that to be.

[Image: PRo9SZp.png]
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Away 07-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Reply: #13
(07-03-2015 04:17 AM)Void Wrote:  Whoawhoawhoa. You need to back the fuck up about stuff on Eridan. :U I would've used Aranea as an example. Not to derail the thread, but here is a good thread on Eridan I definitely think you should read into, before making comparisons like that.

And to be fair, going off of what epithetic and I said earlier, (Vriska) changed, and I don't believe that (Vriska) was the same (Vriska) that Meenah fell for. I think letting Vriska's words cut into her like that was something Meenah didn't care for either, and sort of became the last straw on the camel's back, so to speak. Ending relationships is hard, I'd cry too, if I were Meenah. But she saw a way out, and she took it. I can't really blame her for doing that. Remember, death is eternal. She could've been stuck there for sweeps with (Vriska). Do you know how much that'd suck?

-Ollies outies-

Yeah, probably. I might've been out of line with the whole Eridan comparison. But him being a sociopath isn't incorrect.

Also, I didn't make an Aranea comparison because, forgive me, the dancestors didn't interest me as much as the pre-scratch trolls did. I didn't really pay much attention to them, so I can't really analyze their characters as well as the pre-scratch ones. Not that I can analyze any characters well.

Don't tell my mom I like homestuck.
Find all replies by this user

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)