Freshness Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4 Average
When I was a new in the Homestuck Fandom, I . . .
Offline 07-09-2015, 04:42 AM
Reply: #21
RE: When I was a new in the Homestuck Fandom, I . . .
i read it on my phone at school and missed a whole bunch of flash animations and had to go back to them years later. yes that includes cascade

rps dave cosplays john | elefus, mantia, lyraen, & brownzee
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 07-13-2015, 01:31 PM
Reply: #22
When I was new to Homestuck I had only read like one and a half acts or (or something) and some guy on the internet asked me about my ships and I wasn't a horribly big shipper yet and I basically threw together something random of two characters that reminded me of myself (My Patron, Terezi and Jade, because of her glasses, being a furry, and having narcolepsy issues, which was all I basically knew about her), even though they hardly interact. I was embarrassed.

Also, up until recently I was utterly clueless on how to make the paint stay on my skin.

OCs (Homestuck Batch): http://forums.msparp.com/showthread.php?tid=5110
OCs (DanganRonpa Batch): (coming soon)

Offline 07-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Reply: #23
Scratch that, I just remembered something!

Waaaaay before I got into Homestuck (had to be around 2010 or something?) I read a bit of Problem Sleuth, and noticed the recent updates in the sidebar. The number of pages uploaded in one day led me to believe that there was no way there was one author doing it, and it was some kind of thing where users put in commands on a forum and random people drew the results... Damn Hussie and his unrealistic work ethic!
Offline 07-18-2015, 03:32 AM
Reply: #24
When I first joined I thought that the beta trolls, dancestors, and ancestors were all the same characters, but just at different stages in their life.

Also I thought Aranea was Feferi's dancestor, and I could never tell the difference between Dirks and Daves at Cons.

I mainly RP Kanaya, however I find myself to be a fairly acceptable Bro.
Please visit my fanventure Mind Quest
Offline 07-19-2015, 03:53 AM
Reply: #25
The first time I started reading Homestuck I lost interest after a while; I think it was somewhere around when everyone initially stuck on the meteor loses their already rather miniscule collection of marbles and goes on an impressively epic rainbow-coloured murderspree? honk HONK MOTHERFUCKER, more like lolnope motherfucker. Anyway, I stopped reading and pretty much forget everything.

So then I recently got back into Homestuck because tumblr is a wretched, festering hive of sin and temptation. Anyway. I figured I should re-read from the beginning. The thing is, I vaguely remembered some things from my first read-through but most of the information wasn't exactly... accurate??

Like, I legit thought Vriska was the one to dupe sweet, sweet gullible John into using that rocket pack to skip straight to the last gate like an utter imbecile. For some reason I also thought Vriska was the one to send Dave shitty drawings?? That doesn't even make sense. Essentially, I had Vriska and Terezi's roles all switched around.

How's that for an AU?
Away 07-22-2015, 10:22 PM (This reply was last modified: 07-22-2015 10:23 PM by The All Mighty Bunny.)(Edited by The All Mighty Bunny.)
Reply: #26
When I started reading homestuck, I got to the first page thinking it was a game. There I spent about half an hour approximately pressing my left and right arrow keys, wondering why nothing was working. Good times.

[Image: image.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 08-03-2015, 07:24 AM
Reply: #27
I heard about homestuck a long time ago, and I got up to date within a few weeks as I HARDCORE read it in class on my phone. I decided to cosplay Feferi, but as I failed so completely on the horns, I decided to do John Egbert instead. At the convention, while my friends painted themselves as trolls, I just had to cut Johns hair - but I cut my hair after the refference in my mirror image, so the haircut got completely mirrored. Bless spriteflip, and all the guides and tutorials that exist in todays fandom :'D. ineededthembadlyasanoobaugh.
Offline 08-03-2015, 07:27 AM
Reply: #28
(07-22-2015 10:22 PM)The All Mighty Bunny Wrote:  When I started reading homestuck, I got to the first page thinking it was a game. There I spent about half an hour approximately pressing my left and right arrow keys, wondering why nothing was working. Good times.

You poor soul.

thats hilarious

OCs (Homestuck Batch): http://forums.msparp.com/showthread.php?tid=5110
OCs (DanganRonpa Batch): (coming soon)

Offline 08-05-2015, 09:03 AM (This reply was last modified: 08-05-2015 09:09 AM by floralisticViolinist.)(Edited by floralisticViolinist.)
Reply: #29
When I was new in the Homestuck fandom I wasn't all too familiar with all the Sadstuck and the aspects and shit like that.

I thought it was all happy, bc, yknow, I was really fucking innocent. And naive. And gullible.
I think I'm still gullible now, but anyway.

Before I even entered the Homestuck fandom, I avoided Homestuck videos a lot because I thought it was weird and mostly just all crazy shenanigans. Like I treated it like it wasn't my kind of fandom. I mean, the horns and the gray skin and the weird cosplay- Come on, when you first see those kind of things, you get weirded out.

My first impression on Rose was some stoic mean goth teen but I actually really like her. She's my second favorite character.

When I tried reading Homestuck on my phone I got confused and dumb because I didn't know the flashes couldn't show on my mobile. It was a whole new goddamn world when I got my new laptop and read some of Homestuck on it. I didn't finish reading Homestuck. I'll probably finish reading it once I'm not so busy or I'm home alone for once.

I'm glad I encountered the Homestuck fandom because I ended up getting more internet friends.

[Image: 8tzo51c.jpg]
Offline 08-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Reply: #30
I used to think that the trolls' pre-scratch ancestors were older siblings of theirs, and that their post-scratch ancestors were what they grew up to be. I also thought that the grey quadrant was just platonic hate.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)