Freshness Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4 Average
When I was a new in the Homestuck Fandom, I . . .
Offline 06-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Reply: #1
When I was a new in the Homestuck Fandom, I . . .
Hello there.
I want to play a game.

You tell us about your past experiences that were really embarrassing back when you were new in the fandom.
Seriously guys, we all have to get this off our chest, right? You can post as many times as you like, as long as it's not two in a row.

I'll start.

When I was new in the Homestuck Fandom, I thought Gamzee was a girl and Eridan had a crush on Terezi.
I was looking for Homestuck Desktop backgrounds that day and I was only at Act 3 when I saw this photo on Google.

Your turn.

[Image: tumblr_mb5b4aEAO61rorjnzo1_r1_250.gif]
I'm much cooler on the internet.
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-19-2015, 09:19 PM
Reply: #2
RE: When I was a new in the Homestuck Fandom, I . . .
My old friends made me create a fantroll before I'd even read a single page of Homestuck. Let's say I got confused and didn't take it very seriously, I ended up with a troll with the same name as my nickname (just added an e after my nickname). His surname is "White Rice" but in Swedish, "Vit Ris". His quirk was probably the most fucked up one, I just made every k, n, o, s and e big and doubled the e's. It was the most stupidest quirk ever, holy crap.

[Image: GoNfHp9.png]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Reply: #3
I started off at Act 4 with no idea how badly I was screwing up.
So my friend asks me "Where are you?"
Me: oh u kno the trolls
Friend: wh at?????? How do u read it so fast
Me: what do u mean
Friend: that's like act 4
Me: wh A T

Jfc past me

you are the nighttime fear
you are the morning when it's clear
when it's over, you'll start
you're my head
you're my heart
Offline 06-20-2015, 12:45 AM
Reply: #4
Oh for the love of trousers, where do I start.

I used to ask my friends what their zodiac sign are, and will tell them how their signs behave according to Homestuck trolls. Some of my friends actually took me seriously. (I got in Homestuck when I was 11, so you can tell how stupid I was.)

I used to think John is gay, Karkat says fuckass, and sees characters how they are treated in the fanon world. God, have mercy on the souls who encountered me when I was 11.

Let me die in a hole slowly.

[Image: oBEyVQi.png]
Offline 06-20-2015, 02:19 AM
Reply: #5
(06-20-2015 12:45 AM)friendlyForester Wrote:  Oh for the love of trousers, where do I start.

I used to ask my friends what their zodiac sign are, and will tell them how their signs behave according to Homestuck trolls. Some of my friends actually took me seriously. (I got in Homestuck when I was 11, so you can tell how stupid I was.)

I used to think John is gay, Karkat says fuckass, and sees characters how they are treated in the fanon world. God, have mercy on the souls who encountered me when I was 11.

I too was a shitstain back in the days.

[Image: GoNfHp9.png]
Offline 06-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Reply: #6
I spent all of high school dissing Homestuck and giving my friends shit for liking it. Started reading it senior year, got super into it freshman year of college and I'm still in my huge fanboy phase now... D: I never really did anything "embarrassing" since I didn't even start it until I was 17, but having my friends lose their shit over me actually liking it and quoting me talking bad about it was pretty humbling for me.
Offline 06-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Reply: #7
Holy shit this is actually gtting attention :0

Oh, I remember making an OC that was /so/ bad that I cringe whenever I see my drawings of her.

She was too connected to the canon world of Homestuck I just can't believe I even made it.

Past me is a huge bitch, pass it on.

[Image: tumblr_mb5b4aEAO61rorjnzo1_r1_250.gif]
I'm much cooler on the internet.
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 06-22-2015, 05:09 AM
Reply: #8
For a long, long time, I avoided all things related to Homestuck before knowing exactly what it was. The reason behind it was some unpleasant experiences with an obnoxious fangirl. Among other things, she was into Creepypasta and Vocaloid and said things about Oliver, JTK and Gamzee being her husbands (coincidentially, I ended up joining both those fandoms at one point). Looking back, I regret it immensely.
Offline 06-22-2015, 07:14 PM
Reply: #9
It's really disheartening when your friends were really really into Homestuck at one point and you avoided it and mocked it because it looked stupid, and then they've all moved on by the time you get into it... Karma, I guess. :c
Offline 06-22-2015, 11:22 PM
Reply: #10
(06-20-2015 02:19 AM)KnoseDoge Wrote:  
(06-20-2015 12:45 AM)friendlyForester Wrote:  Oh for the love of trousers, where do I start.

I too was a shitstain back in the days.

*Guilty high-five*

[Image: oBEyVQi.png]

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)