Freshness Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.29 Average
You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition
Offline 04-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Reply: #71
RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition
That one, perfect prompt...

But it's a genderbend, and/or with extremely strict character requirement. It hurts me deep in my soul.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-15-2016, 12:36 PM
Reply: #72
(04-15-2016 08:46 AM)melodicHope Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 04:56 AM)Haruhi Suzumiya Wrote:  When you and whoever posted the prompt are really getting down to business, connecting on a spiritual level, and then outta nowhere you find the same prompt up in the main area like, "already taken, re-posting for variety".

Like, is there any time that doesn't make you feel like you're not good enough even a little bit? Like I get where they're coming from, but damn. That's still a bleh feeling.

Well, I do that too, but it's really a repost for variety thing. I want to see how many different directions my prompts can go. It's not you, it's just that the prompt poster wants to see multiple versions.

Same here!

Most of my prompts don't have any character preference, so when I put it up again, I'm really just looking for other characters to see how they'd work out or what ideas the mun has! Also, there's always that small chance that the other guy just connected to your prompt to be there. Believe, me, I'd know. Until I'm committed to someone who I know I can trust to not just walk out on me at a moment's notice, I'm gonna keep putting the bait out there for all the other fish in the sea, you know?

[Image: usDxVcS.png]
Offline 04-15-2016, 08:08 PM
Reply: #73
(04-15-2016 12:36 PM)Airams Wrote:  
(04-15-2016 08:46 AM)melodicHope Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 04:56 AM)Haruhi Suzumiya Wrote:  When you and whoever posted the prompt are really getting down to business, connecting on a spiritual level, and then outta nowhere you find the same prompt up in the main area like, "already taken, re-posting for variety".

Like, is there any time that doesn't make you feel like you're not good enough even a little bit? Like I get where they're coming from, but damn. That's still a bleh feeling.

Well, I do that too, but it's really a repost for variety thing. I want to see how many different directions my prompts can go. It's not you, it's just that the prompt poster wants to see multiple versions.

Same here!

Most of my prompts don't have any character preference, so when I put it up again, I'm really just looking for other characters to see how they'd work out or what ideas the mun has! Also, there's always that small chance that the other guy just connected to your prompt to be there. Believe, me, I'd know. Until I'm committed to someone who I know I can trust to not just walk out on me at a moment's notice, I'm gonna keep putting the bait out there for all the other fish in the sea, you know?

Again, same here! It's fun to see how many different routes a single prompt can take. Especially with the same characters! My Demon!Tavros prompt got two different John, and the path taken was radically different. It's was great to see how people differ this way.

[Image: 1449486851051161000.gif]
I am the Swiss Chandelure of MSPARP. I can play as tAVROS, John or jade. Or as a Chandelure
Offline 04-17-2016, 05:15 AM
Reply: #74
When you get into a good rp.... Only for people to not respond after the first day.

bINCH U WOT
[Image: shotaro03.jpg]
Offline 04-17-2016, 05:21 AM
Reply: #75
On another note... People who take down your prompt, then just. Don't do anything with it? Like, they take it down, say hello, then don't say anything after that. They just sit there and. Not do anything. Despite any attempts to communicate, there are no responses. So you just gotta delete it because twas a waste of time. Man, those people annoy me.

And yea, MS! Those people irk me a lil. >:,| Like... If you don't want to rp anymore, just say so and leave

Offline 04-17-2016, 05:34 AM
Reply: #76
E X A C T L Y

bINCH U WOT
[Image: shotaro03.jpg]
Offline 04-18-2016, 02:46 AM
Reply: #77
when you take down a well-written prompt and reply with effort and length to match their original prompt as the character they were advertising that they wanted the most.

and then they end the chat on you without a single word :'''')

TT: I've found that screaming into the Void is not the most productive of activities.
Offline 04-18-2016, 03:15 AM (This reply was last modified: 04-18-2016 03:16 AM by Chandy Nitram.)(Edited by Chandy Nitram.)
Reply: #78
When people just... Ship bash. Or theme bash. I've got this twice, although admittedly, it seems to be extremely rare. But yeah, I had posted a post-Sburb Gcatavrosprite prompt, and.... Well, now that homestuck ended, I've got a reply that was like "wtf is this, this isn't canon" and then they left.

I wrote that prompt before February was even around, so of course it's not canon, but damn. People, sometimes.

[Image: 1449486851051161000.gif]
I am the Swiss Chandelure of MSPARP. I can play as tAVROS, John or jade. Or as a Chandelure
Offline 04-18-2016, 07:17 AM (This reply was last modified: 04-18-2016 07:19 AM by Glub.)(Edited by Glub.)
Reply: #79
(04-18-2016 02:46 AM)cinnamon Wrote:  when you take down a well-written prompt and reply with effort and length to match their original prompt as the character they were advertising that they wanted the most.

and then they end the chat on you without a single word :'''')

Ikr?? It's so confusing most of the time because it's just. What did I d o,,, Tell me,,, Dammi t,, Most of the time I talk to them OOC before the whole deal so they know what I'm doing, but they leave anyways so it's just. Well, okay then. Seeya.

(04-18-2016 03:15 AM)Chandy Nitram Wrote:  When people just... Ship bash. Or theme bash. I've got this twice, although admittedly, it seems to be extremely rare. But yeah, I had posted a post-Sburb Gcatavrosprite prompt, and.... Well, now that homestuck ended, I've got a reply that was like "wtf is this, this isn't canon" and then they left.

I wrote that prompt before February was even around, so of course it's not canon, but damn. People, sometimes.

Ship bashing and theme bashing are horrible tbh?? It's a bit more common than you think, really. I was on Cherubplay once, having a grand ol time waiting for someone to take my Godstuck prompt when some dude came in, guns a' blazin, and just started screaming about how I shouldn't be making light of the god and whatnot and how it offended them as a Christian. I was just. Dude, chill. They left before I could get a word in edgewise and I was just. Lmao, okay...

Offline 04-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Reply: #80
"Cherubplay is a lot like Mos Eisley: "Never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.""

Honestly pretty much all websites with a heavy fandom presence get that way, excluding maybe these boards because most of you guys are pretty cool.

But another thing that I hate is waiting. Like, what I'm doing right now. I've got one of the best prompt/RP ideas I've had in a long time and I'm eager to get down to business but proverbial fish are biting my proverbial bait.

OCs (Homestuck Batch): http://forums.msparp.com/showthread.php?tid=5110
OCs (DanganRonpa Batch): (coming soon)

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)