Freshness Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.29 Average
You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition
Offline 10-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Reply: #31
RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition
*Screams into the abyss* Fanon Kankri and Eridan in particular tbh !!!!!

[Image: tumblr_moe1rddWbf1qkgagro7_r1_400.gif]
x1(list)
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 10-29-2015, 02:54 PM (This reply was last modified: 10-29-2015 02:55 PM by Rue.)(Edited by Rue.)
Reply: #32
If you've been going on the site constantly, you'd understand why Fem!Eridan (and all other iterations of it) annoys me. Actually, any female versions of male characters never sit well with me, and the same goes for male versions of female characters.

but why?

cred
Offline 10-29-2015, 07:38 PM (This reply was last modified: 10-29-2015 07:43 PM by pixelcutes.)(Edited by pixelcutes.)
Reply: #33
(10-29-2015 02:54 PM)Rue Wrote:  If you've been going on the site constantly, you'd understand why Fem!Eridan (and all other iterations of it) annoys me. Actually, any female versions of male characters never sit well with me, and the same goes for male versions of female characters.

oh my god tell me about it the amount of OOC fem!karkat prompts there are on that site drive my blood pressure through the roof

while i'm at it probably the most annoying thing about cherubplay is people who reply to you actively for like eight hours and then vanish permanently? like hell especially if they're actually really good and you're all GETTING INTO IT and in your zone and then... nothing :I

(followed by super illiterate OOC responses that i feel too guilty to disconnect over)

[Image: tumblr_static_karezipixel.gif]
what the hell is a karkat?
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 11-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Reply: #34
Gotta love it when everything is going fine. Or so you thought. You're dicussing details and everything. Headcanons. All is great! And then only like three replies in they end the chat without a word.
I wish i could at least know the reason why? Is it my writing? Did I do something you didn't like? Just let me know. I'm flexible. I want to improve.

I'm guilty of sometimes answering the same prompt (or non-prompt) if it pops up a few days later... I try again. Play it a littler different. But it just ends up stressing me out. and 3 out of 5 times they end up ending the chat again.
Away 12-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Reply: #35
bumpity bump bump ^w^

Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 12-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Reply: #36
The fact I've been waiting three months for a password reset since I got logged out of my account and can't remember my password.

Slow admin is slow.
Offline 12-10-2015, 06:28 AM (This reply was last modified: 12-10-2015 03:32 PM by KatsumiM.)(Edited by KatsumiM.)
Reply: #37
This may just be my inexperience with writing in a paragraph format, but to be quite honest I don't appreciate people demanding something like 3+ paragraphs for every response.

In general, I feel like there are situations where it would be easy, hell maybe even necessary, to write several paragraphs. However, there are just some times where you really can't write out a lot without sounding a bit desperate to meet the quota.

This isn't to say that I don't appreciate writing or reading any detail, I just know that it's not easy to write multiple paragraphs of detail for every single response.

I prefer to shoot for "at least one paragraph per response" instead of "gimme 3+ paragraphs and make 100% certain that its juicy and doesn't sound forced."

It gives me enough room to be descriptive when there's a need for description while not forcing me to draw out all of my responses when description isn't needed or easy to throw in.

[Image: 05943.gif]
Hey. Did you kill that cute turtle?
NO
But I can see your past trail.
You're standing there holding a gun, and pointing it at the turtle.
OK. THEN YES.
I KILLED THE TURTLE.

Booooooo
Offline 12-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Reply: #38
Usually, I set a length that I want people to abide by, such as the aforementioned three paragraphs! This is only for the beginning of the rp, however, and I don't just auto-disconnect if my partner dwindles down to two or one per reply. (The paragraphs are usually just four lines per piece on my screen, honestly, which aren't all that long in my opinion...?)

Personally, I'd rather exchange lengthy replies back and forth, anywhere from ten to twenty replies a pop, but I know that not all people are up to that, which is why I throw that in sometimes. Not like I do it 100% of the time though, since it's pretty dang rare to come by people who are willing to write that much each time.

It kinda bugs me when I send out five paragraphs and get one in reply, though-- especially if my rp partner has been consistently matching my posts since the beginning. It's just a tad irking, as well as a bit disheartening. ;u;

[Image: usDxVcS.png]
Offline 12-14-2015, 06:18 AM
Reply: #39
What about when you reply to a prompt and then after two replies they leave without a word? Fairly sure this was already said, but it pisses me off.

My mind is made up by the countless thoughts, many of which I share at the worst possible moment and worst possible way, of a girl interested in psychology and philosophy.
Offline 12-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Reply: #40
The fact that everything in NSFW or NSFWE has basically two settings -- plotless smut or some fucked up horrorshow. It's actually terrifying. Like, what if you want an RP that has meaningful characters and development that eventually comes to smut? Well, you either get the straight up lewd prompt basically asking for favors and offering nothing in return, or someone is a slave and is/will be tortured for time eternal. There is no in between and its frustrating.

Sure you want me?

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)