Freshness Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.29 Average
You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition
Offline 09-12-2015, 05:15 AM
Reply: #21
RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition
(09-12-2015 02:21 AM)Jakerpillar Wrote:  Just the other day I had an asshole connect to one of my Hal NAPs. I was unable to write a prompt, and so I posted an idea. They answered as Dirk, and they had good ideas to contribute to the roleplay. I liked them, I told them so.

When I said that it was getting late and I had to get off in order to sleep and that I wouldn't be on tomorrow (today) often due to being busy with things, they rudely ended the chat because I was unable to start the roleplay immediately. I was kind of looking forward to it, too. :l

Just goes to show how many dicks think that, just because you are anonymous on Cherubplay, they can disconnect because of something rudely without even letting the other know what they did wrong. They do not tell them what has upset them or frustated them, they just disconnect and leave the other person to be upset without a reason why.

It's kinda really definately fucking annoying.

oh my gods I know that feel.

I was in a roleplay with someone I really liked once, we really hit it of and were practically BFFS. The roleplay was going great, everything was fantastic, and then all of a sudden BOOM they're gone. I literally got so upset about that, I went into a funk and started doubting everything, rereading it obsessively to see what the hell I did wrong to prompt it??? and I still don't know that I didn't cause it? or if I did? and??? they just???

Long story short people that don't give you warning can really hurt, even if it's just a quick 'sorry can't rp right now' it'd be so much better than just NOTHING.

i am a lump of coal in your stocking

(04-11-2015 01:57 AM)inexplicablyGhastly Wrote:  Slow down there, Satan. That's enough feels for the day.

Kinks: character development, angst, feels

Pronouns: she/her
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Reply: #22
I've been using cherubplay since a month after its release, and to be honest, it's been one bumpy ride. And while I hold absolutely firm to the opinion that nobody should feel the obligation to roleplay or have to really really explain themselves on anonymous interaction sites, it definitely grinds my grist to dust when they don't. Mostly because it tends to happen with the prompts I'm invested in, but just in general, I think courtesy can be expected. I won't bitch about it, but I'm definitely on the Please Explain Yourself A Little train on this thread. Choo choo, motherfuckers.

Other than that, one of my biggest peeves is when folks ask you for (or even demand) 4 paragraphs and only give you 1-2 back. It's frustrating when you're basically dragging the entire plot and development, and the other person is just sitting on it and yelling at you to go faster. Like, sorry, but no. I won't play 4 characters while you play one, I won't do everything myself, and I definitely won't have fun if I do.

Offline 09-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Reply: #23
Right? Oh man. I hate it when people do the 'Sit there vs Try Too Hard' stuff. X-x

i am a lump of coal in your stocking

(04-11-2015 01:57 AM)inexplicablyGhastly Wrote:  Slow down there, Satan. That's enough feels for the day.

Kinks: character development, angst, feels

Pronouns: she/her
Offline 10-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Reply: #24
I remember another one that really irks me, because it's happened several times with few variations. Essentially, they say they're online in their prompt, and when I take it, it says they're online. I'll write up a starter or a reply, or message OOC if they ask for it, and it will say very briefly that they're typing.

No response will ever come. I remember one got untouched for like, two months before I asked if something was up and the chat just got ended. There was no communication at all. It's just confusing beyond words and frustrating beyond anything else, accept maybe this.

Similar scenario, but instead, they message you the instant a connection is made, demanding to know you character, description, headcanons and all that stuff, basically forcing you to write an essay/application for a starter, and then, after you've run it by them and they're fine...

No response will ever come. Why do I even both sometimes? I just roll around in strange neko prompts and other things I can't begin to fathom.

Sure you want me?
Offline 10-05-2015, 01:07 AM
Reply: #25
I am also irritated by the fact that the rp that you start goes on nicely for a few days but dies off after a few weeks.
Then you just try so hard to tell yourself that it's fine because they'll reply eventually because the person is probably busy with their life and you, being the understanding individual that you are, will let that pass.
Then the weeks turn into months and before you know it, it's brrn six months. You're starting to question yourself and the last reply that you sent.
Was it not enough for your rp partner? Was it not sufficient? Did they not understand it? Did you do something to piss them off?

And before you know it, you're just fuckin thinking and worrying about it like an idiot because you still want to continue the rp.

based on a true story.

[Image: tumblr_mb5b4aEAO61rorjnzo1_r1_250.gif]
I'm much cooler on the internet.
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 10-05-2015, 03:24 AM (This reply was last modified: 10-05-2015 03:25 AM by Chandy Nitram.)(Edited by Chandy Nitram.)
Reply: #26
(10-05-2015 01:07 AM)FinestFantasy Wrote:  I am also irritated by the fact that the rp that you start goes on nicely for a few days but dies off after a few weeks.
Then you just try so hard to tell yourself that it's fine because they'll reply eventually because the person is probably busy with their life and you, being the understanding individual that you are, will let that pass.
Then the weeks turn into months and before you know it, it's brrn six months. You're starting to question yourself and the last reply that you sent.
Was it not enough for your rp partner? Was it not sufficient? Did they not understand it? Did you do something to piss them off?

And before you know it, you're just fuckin thinking and worrying about it like an idiot because you still want to continue the rp.

based on a true story.

Well, the best thing to do in this scenario is to ask. Use the OOC brackets. They probably will reply, if they haven't vanished from the surface of Earth forever through the beta of a game that allowed one of their friends to teleport them to another dimension while simultaneously dooming the planet.

Although, what REALLY annoys me is when they say they will reply and never do, even after asking if they had any problem of any kind.

[Image: 1449486851051161000.gif]
I am the Swiss Chandelure of MSPARP. I can play as tAVROS, John or jade. Or as a Chandelure
Offline 10-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Reply: #27
When the prompt says "give me something to work with," I expect their response to ACTUALLY give me something to go off on or to continue the action. What am I going to do with a small reaction to the situation and an internal monologue? This gets me every time, because no matter how excited I was or how great their writing was, it just kills the entire mood, so there's a 98% chance of me disconnecting on you.

but why?

cred
Offline 10-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Reply: #28
(10-05-2015 03:24 AM)Chandy Nitram Wrote:  
(10-05-2015 01:07 AM)FinestFantasy Wrote:  I am also irritated by the fact that the rp that you start goes on nicely for a few days but dies off after a few weeks.

based on a true story.

Well, the best thing to do in this scenario is to ask. Use the OOC brackets. They probably will reply, if they haven't vanished from the surface of Earth forever through the beta of a game that allowed one of their friends to teleport them to another dimension while simultaneously dooming the planet.

Although, what REALLY annoys me is when they say they will reply and never do, even after asking if they had any problem of any kind.

When I do that, some of them just sort of . . . disconnect.
And I'm just sitting here like, what the fuck bro.
What did I do to deserve this?

[Image: tumblr_mb5b4aEAO61rorjnzo1_r1_250.gif]
I'm much cooler on the internet.
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 10-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Reply: #29
(10-05-2015 06:26 PM)FinestFantasy Wrote:  
(10-05-2015 03:24 AM)Chandy Nitram Wrote:  

based on a true story.

When I do that, some of them just sort of . . . disconnect.
And I'm just sitting here like, what the fuck bro.
What did I do to deserve this?

Depends on how you ask, but so far, I've had no disconnects... *shrug*

[Image: 1449486851051161000.gif]
I am the Swiss Chandelure of MSPARP. I can play as tAVROS, John or jade. Or as a Chandelure
Offline 10-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Reply: #30
When they ask you to describe your OC, and then they disconnect after you describe them. It probably wasn't even meant to be mean, but it kinda hurt.

I'm doing a Fanventure called "Night Terror," find it in the Fan Adventures!

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)