Freshness Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.29 Average
You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition
Offline 06-09-2016, 05:01 PM
Reply: #101
RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition
(Dude holy shit yes it would be the best and memeiest novel ever)

Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-18-2016, 03:28 AM
Reply: #102
don't you just love it when someone writes a massive prompt, you take the challenge of clicking the button and accepting it, proceed to write an entire wall just a bit short of the length of that other person's prompt, full of information that took a really long time to compile together and proofread /just to make sure that you've made something that's actually good/, because the quality needs to match up to the quantity
they say your reply is good
and also say that they will respond soon

tfw they never respond ever again and its been nearly half a year

My name is Emily and I like asinine clowns and shitposts.
x
Offline 06-18-2016, 07:16 AM
Reply: #103
(06-18-2016 03:28 AM)stonefurthecoolkid Wrote:  don't you just love it when someone writes a massive prompt, you take the challenge of clicking the button and accepting it, proceed to write an entire wall just a bit short of the length of that other person's prompt, full of information that took a really long time to compile together and proofread /just to make sure that you've made something that's actually good/, because the quality needs to match up to the quantity
they say your reply is good
and also say that they will respond soon

tfw they never respond ever again and its been nearly half a year

How to summarize every Cherubplay Chat ever.

[Image: 1449486851051161000.gif]
I am the Swiss Chandelure of MSPARP. I can play as tAVROS, John or jade. Or as a Chandelure
Offline 06-23-2016, 01:17 PM
Reply: #104
What I hate is when it's really obvious you've put a bunch of work into a starter and they disconnect immediately? Like, someone had a "4+ Paragraph starter please!!" Mark on theirs, and I really liked their prompt, so I dove straight in and wrote 6 and a half paragraphs. And they left. They just skidooed the fuck off. I mean, at least lead me on for a couple paragraphs before leaving. C'mon, dude, you can't just do that to me.

[insert inspirational/funny quote here]
Offline 06-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Reply: #105
That feel when you message someone to ask if the chat is still active or if they're still interested in the roleplay and they downright disconnect from you on the spot without even leaving a reason as to why.

[Image: tumblr_mb5b4aEAO61rorjnzo1_r1_250.gif]
I'm much cooler on the internet.
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 06-25-2016, 09:44 PM
Reply: #106
(06-25-2016 08:54 PM)FinestFantasy Wrote:  That feel when you message someone to ask if the chat is still active or if they're still interested in the roleplay and they downright disconnect from you on the spot without even leaving a reason as to why.

Y E S. THIS FEELING EXACTLY. I hate it so much sm h

[Image: usDxVcS.png]
Offline 07-06-2016, 02:31 AM
Reply: #107
Mfw. I feel like the only time I hop on here is to complain but things can get really disheartening.

I've had no luck on Cherubplay with all, literally all of the prompts I've answered in the past few months. I think my favorite thing that people do is when they disconnect on you after putting together a concise response with no warning. I understand if what I write is not what you want, I really understand that. I get the feeling that this is the problem because it happens every time and I think I'm going to do the right thing and just. Discontinue my use of the site? I don't mean to gripe, but maybe I shouldn't write anymore.

This morning I answered an excellent Hal and I was really excited for what might go down- and bam. It was over. I don't know if you guys have some tips for keeping an RP going or whatnot??
Offline 07-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Reply: #108
(07-06-2016 02:31 AM)7zip Wrote:  Mfw. I feel like the only time I hop on here is to complain but things can get really disheartening.

I've had no luck on Cherubplay with all, literally all of the prompts I've answered in the past few months. I think my favorite thing that people do is when they disconnect on you after putting together a concise response with no warning. I understand if what I write is not what you want, I really understand that. I get the feeling that this is the problem because it happens every time and I think I'm going to do the right thing and just. Discontinue my use of the site? I don't mean to gripe, but maybe I shouldn't write anymore.

This morning I answered an excellent Hal and I was really excited for what might go down- and bam. It was over. I don't know if you guys have some tips for keeping an RP going or whatnot??

I'm in the same situation. I've been abandoned on so many chats, I was so lucky to grab one a while ago, and they seem to respond at a rate of one paragraph per every two days. I've tried posting my prompts, but they never get picked up. It makes you feel like your writing style is the problem, you know?

[insert inspirational/funny quote here]
Offline 07-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Reply: #109
(07-09-2016 12:21 PM)literaryAssassin Wrote:  I'm in the same situation. I've been abandoned on so many chats, I was so lucky to grab one a while ago, and they seem to respond at a rate of one paragraph per every two days. I've tried posting my prompts, but they never get picked up. It makes you feel like your writing style is the problem, you know?

Absolutely, fam.

I haven't held to an RP that lasted more than one reply on my part in almost a year but this just about sums up all the ones prior. It makes me feel like my writing is Simple™. Irksome how some things like that can really mar your self confidence.
Offline 07-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Reply: #110
(07-09-2016 04:50 PM)7zip Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 12:21 PM)literaryAssassin Wrote:  I'm in the same situation. I've been abandoned on so many chats, I was so lucky to grab one a while ago, and they seem to respond at a rate of one paragraph per every two days. I've tried posting my prompts, but they never get picked up. It makes you feel like your writing style is the problem, you know?

Absolutely, fam.

I haven't held to an RP that lasted more than one reply on my part in almost a year but this just about sums up all the ones prior. It makes me feel like my writing is Simple™. Irksome how some things like that can really mar your self confidence.

i wish my writing was Simple™. mine is complicated and convoluted as fuck because holy shit i write too much and it just seems really caked on and just. ????????? who even knows.

honestly im pretty guilty of not responding to rps after one reply because my prompts tend to be longer than insert dick joke here so the people who reply to me often try to match my length or exceed it. then im like ok time to reply haha lets do this shit. and i never do because im a Lazy Motherfucker™

[Image: usDxVcS.png]

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)