Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Is this normal?
Offline 04-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Reply: #1
Is this normal?
So I just posted a prompt on Cherubplay ('twas my first time, so proud of myself), and I went back to the new prompts page and I can't find mine!
Is this normal, and how do I know if someone's replied to my prompt if I can't see it?
(Ah frig I dunno if this is the right site to post this, but meh)

[Image: SatisfiedAdmirableCaracal-max-1mb.gif]
Faunastuck
thanks starlitEnchantress for the sprite!
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Is this normal?
Yes, it is. When you post a prompt, you are forced to keep the tab with the prompt posted without opening any other Cherubplay Tabs. Or at least, I think so... It's happened to me too.

But yeah, don't open a second Cherubplay tab or go back on the previous pages. It takes your prompt away, I think.

[Image: 1449486851051161000.gif]
I am the Swiss Chandelure of MSPARP. I can play as tAVROS, John or jade. Or as a Chandelure
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Reply: #3
(04-20-2015 05:16 PM)Chandy Nitram Wrote:  Yes, it is. When you post a prompt, you are forced to keep the tab with the prompt posted without opening any other Cherubplay Tabs. Or at least, I think so... It's happened to me too.

But yeah, don't open a second Cherubplay tab or go back on the previous pages. It takes your prompt away, I think.

Ah, fiddlesticks! Does that mean I need to post my prompt again?

Faunastuck
Offline 04-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Reply: #4
You can actually have the tab with your prompt open, and have another cherubplay tab open at the same time. But yeah, you have to keep that tab open until someone connects to you, unless you want to take the prompt down. To access the home screen of the cherubplay website while having a prompt up, simply open a new tab, go the cherubplay again, and click "back to available prompts." It should also display your prompt somewhere in the midst of the other ones, and if it isn't there, then that means one of two things.
One: someone took your prompt/connected to you
Two: Due to a connection error (which cherubplay will notify you of) your prompt has been taken down.
Note that this needs to be in another tab/window, by the way.

And yes, that means that you have to repost your print. You know how the chat page looks like, right? When you first reply to someone or something.

Well, the prompt page gets taken down when someone replies to it, and it changes to that format instead (the chat page format).

[Image: usDxVcS.png]
x1(list)
Offline 04-20-2015, 06:32 PM
Reply: #5
(04-20-2015 06:06 PM)Airams Wrote:  You can actually have the tab with your prompt open, and have another cherubplay tab open at the same time. But yeah, you have to keep that tab open until someone connects to you, unless you want to take the prompt down. To access the home screen of the cherubplay website while having a prompt up, simply open a new tab, go the cherubplay again, and click "back to available prompts." It should also display your prompt somewhere in the midst of the other ones, and if it isn't there, then that means one of two things.
Two: Due to a connection error (which cherubplay will notify you of) your prompt has been taken down.

And yes, that means that you have to repost your print. You know how the chat page looks like, right? When you first reply to someone or something.

Well, the prompt page gets taken down when someone replies to it, and it changes to that format instead (the chat page format).
Alright,thanks!

Faunastuck
Offline 04-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Reply: #6
(04-20-2015 06:06 PM)Airams Wrote:  You can actually have the tab with your prompt open, and have another cherubplay tab open at the same time. But yeah, you have to keep that tab open until someone connects to you, unless you want to take the prompt down. To access the home screen of the cherubplay website while having a prompt up, simply open a new tab, go the cherubplay again, and click "back to available prompts." It should also display your prompt somewhere in the midst of the other ones, and if it isn't there, then that means one of two things.

Really? I was never able to see my own prompt on Cherubplay....

[Image: 1449486851051161000.gif]
I am the Swiss Chandelure of MSPARP. I can play as tAVROS, John or jade. Or as a Chandelure
Offline 04-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Reply: #7
The only time I was able to see my own is when I had it up on Chrome for instance, and then also opened up Cherubplay on Internet Explorer.

OCs (Homestuck Batch): http://forums.msparp.com/showthread.php?tid=5110
OCs (DanganRonpa Batch): (coming soon)

Offline 07-13-2015, 05:36 AM
Reply: #8
i could always see my own on cherubplay
(and have, once, replied to my own prompt. you can, by the way. it's never unread, never unanswered, as you were the last one to reply but you can do it)

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)