Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
A Guide to Jade
Offline 02-28-2013, 01:47 AM
Reply: #1
A Guide to Jade
So I've actually had a few people on tumblr and various other places ask me for Jade tips, so I decided to post this here as well (after lurking and never posting for the longest time @_@)! :)

Honestly, there seem to be a lot of misunderstandings about Jade, especially with how she acts around others. I see a lot of people playing her as a complete doormat who gets stomped on or as someone who is polite one hundred percent of the time. I also see people who play her on the opposite side of the spectrum, which is using 'fuckass' five million times and never really relenting on it.

So let's begin! :)

Personality/History
Roleplaying Jade
Relationships

I hope this helped someone out! I really love Jade and want to see more people roleplaying her.

I did try to do my research and make this as accurate as possible, however I may have missed a few things/skewed some facts. Please let me know if I've written anything inaccurate or if I should add some things!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 02-28-2013, 04:00 AM
Reply: #2
RE: A Guide to Jade
hey, in your opinion, would jade and nepeta get along if they ever talked? i mean, most people seem to assume they would since they seem to share some similar interests...but i'm not sure. nepeta is cat-themed, while jade is dog-themed, so maybe they would get on each others' nerves. especially if jade happened to be dog tier.
x1(list)
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 02-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Reply: #3
(02-28-2013 04:00 AM)gelogenicTregetour Wrote:  hey, in your opinion, would jade and nepeta get along if they ever talked? i mean, most people seem to assume they would since they seem to share some similar interests...but i'm not sure. nepeta is cat-themed, while jade is dog-themed, so maybe they would get on each others' nerves. especially if jade happened to be dog tier.

I'm pretty sure they would at least try! Considering Jade's love of manthro chaps and her love of creating detailed scenarios of becoming an anthromorphic animal, she would probably find Nepeta's roleplaying extremely endearing and maybe even try to join in.

That being said, her Bec-side would probably react to Nepeta, since she is cat themed and Bec seems to register anything cat related as BAD or ENEMY because he is DOG. So she'd probably bark quite a bit as Bec, maybe even attempt to chase her down if they're meeting in person and not over pesterchum.

So pre-god tier Jade would probably get along well with Nepeta.

God tier Jade would try to be polite, but her Bec tendencies would probably be on acting on hyper drive.
Offline 03-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Reply: #4
I think another fair fact to point out with Jade and how close she feels to John could be the situation on John's 15th birthday, where the "Davesprite" incident occurred. We all know that Jade doesn't put up with no bull, and yet, she let John rant and rave and scream up at watermarks until he passed out. She just pretty calmly let him do his thing. Which is pretty telling, because she has a history of not putting up with those kind of dramatics.

And with that little thought out of my system, let me say that this is a lovely guide! Jade's a great character, and I feel really sad when people play her one of the two extremes that you mentioned in the beginning.
x1(list)
Offline 05-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Reply: #5
From my experience, Jades are pretty good with me. They seem to have the playfulness down with Dave and sometimes they can be a little sassy which is adorable. What's annoying is blubbery Jades, Jades being rude out of context (like rude without a plot-related reason) or ones that don't talk much at all.

||here is me||here is me in cosplay||

talk to me or something idk
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 12-26-2016, 01:10 PM
Reply: #6
Oh man... I'm really glad I found this... I've realized (even after reading this...) I overpunctuate when RPing Jade... Particularly exclamation points... And undersmiley :(
(I RP pre-Godtier).
This was very helpful, though.
Especially after running into Sollux.
Twice.

rp Good DaveJade and I'll be your pal for life! haha ;P
Offline 12-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Reply: #7
I think the only thing to add here is not to let a lack of canon material get in the way of Jade and Rose being best friends. They got a bit neglected but their personalities are pretty damn compatible (one of the most interesting things that the comic never really covers is how Rose and Jade switch roles as they embrace their classpects, Rose gaining Jade's psychic insight and advisor status while Jade becomes a more active player in her own life.) and if a Rose player lets her silly side out just a little the pair can have some amazing interactions.

Way back in the stone ages we had an amazing Rose and Jade on the mibbit servers who'd have the funniest zany little girl conversations and it never felt unnatural or out of character, and in a during or post sburb environment both girls relearning how to be friends could be some great RP. Half the fun of RP is getting to do stuff that never quite made it into canon after all.
Offline 08-23-2019, 09:11 PM
Reply: #8
Spark of the term and rendered calculation is opened for the citizens. The approval of the ninja essay reviews is done for the future offers. Its size is counted for the approval of the thread and all available items for the humans. It is ensured for the depiction of the slot for the citizens.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)