Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Inconsistent Replies
Offline 03-23-2015, 03:56 PM
Reply: #1
Inconsistent Replies
Ugh, I don't know if it's just me, but I find it really difficult to keep up with people who have really spastic reply lengths.

For example, I'd enter an rp and reply to them, only to have them match my length. I go "Oh, cool. Are we gonna settle on this?" And it seems to be a yes until WHOA NELLY DID YOU JUST SPIT OUT A NOVEL

So I go. "Okay, I think I can keep up with this given some time." and I do for a while, but then it suddenly cuts from 7-10 paragraphs to 1.

Like just...

What even???

[Image: usDxVcS.png]
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-24-2015, 06:32 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Inconsistent Replies
I hate that, really. I love it when replies start out good and long! And drifting down is alright too, but when it goes from 3-5 nice sized paragraphs to 1 'eh' sized paragraphs, I just get kind of sad. :c

ᶤ ᶜᵃᶰᵗ ᵍᵒ ᵗᵒ ʰᵉˡˡ ᶤᵐ ᵃˡˡ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵛᵃᶜᵃᵗᶤᵒᶰ ᵈᵃʸˢ xeggx ʷʰᵒ ᶰᵉᵉᵈˢ ᵃ ˡᶤᶠᵉ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵉᵍˢ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ?
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-26-2015, 11:08 AM
Reply: #3
Well honestly I don't mind as sometimes I do it, but I do try to match length if my partner requests that from me, taking my sweet time to write a perfect 2-4 paragraph thing.

OCs (Homestuck Batch): http://forums.msparp.com/showthread.php?tid=5110
OCs (DanganRonpa Batch): (coming soon)

Offline 04-19-2015, 10:59 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-19-2015 10:59 PM by forgottenHopeful.)(Edited by forgottenHopeful.)
Reply: #4
(03-23-2015 03:56 PM)Airams Wrote:  Ugh, I don't know if it's just me, but I find it really difficult to keep up with people who have really spastic reply lengths.

For example, I'd enter an rp and reply to them, only to have them match my length. I go "Oh, cool. Are we gonna settle on this?" And it seems to be a yes until WHOA NELLY DID YOU JUST SPIT OUT A NOVEL

So I go. "Okay, I think I can keep up with this given some time." and I do for a while, but then it suddenly cuts from 7-10 paragraphs to 1.

Like just...

What even???

See this is the kind of thing that gets under my skin, like i try to keep my replies around 2-6 paragraph.. until i notice pathetic three line replies coming from the other person, so i'm like "Okay, i can shorten my replies a bit" and i do! i shorten to about 1-2 "eh" paragraphs- tHEN THEY START POSTING SINGLE WORD REPLIES WHEN I HAVE MADE IT VERY CLEAR I WANT PARAGRAPH STYLE.

~K

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)