Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Uh... Anything gonna be done to take down this?
Offline 08-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Reply: #1
Uh... Anything gonna be done to take down this?
http://terrible-msparpers.tumblr.com/
^
P' terrible blog... Anything gonna be done to take it down?

Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply
Offline 08-16-2014, 05:53 AM (This reply was last modified: 08-16-2014 11:21 AM by Hospitalier.)(Edited by Hospitalier.)
Reply: #2
RE: Uh... Anything gonna be done to take down this?
Leaving aside my position as a forum moderator, I honestly don't think it's our duty to "do anything to take down" that blog.

I mean, sure, some people might take it the wrong way and get offended, but anything that happens outside of PARP and the forums isn't our jurisdiction anymore. We can suggest the mods to tone it down a little or maybe not post in the MSPARP tag so as to avoid giving the page a bad rep, but beyond that, anything else would be incorrect.
There are fandumb/bad fandom blogs everywhere, and most of them have an "ask nicely and we'll take it down" policy, which makes it easy for the people featured to stop it from spreading and making them look bad. If you were featured there, just ask if they'll take the post down.
Plus, as long as they aren't actively contributing to the harassment or bullying of the people involved in the featured posts (such as spreading personal information, contacting them to tell them to kill themselves, etc.), it doesn't go against Tumblr's rules to make that kind of blogs. Also, I'm sure we don't have the means to take action beyond politely asking them to close the blog.

So, in short: We can't do anything. What happens outside of here isn't our responsibility.
Find all replies by this user

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)