Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Music Section?
Offline 01-22-2013, 12:13 PM (This reply was last modified: 01-22-2013 12:13 PM by Ms. Paint.)(Edited by Ms. Paint.)
Reply: #1
Music Section?
I know the there are visual art and literature sections for fanworks, but what about music? I know there aren't too many of us music people around in the fandom compared to everyone else, but which section would we fall under, if any, and if not could we have a section so we can share our stuff? Or maybe expand the Art section's guidelines to fit us?

Thank you in advance.

I am usually RPing humans because who needs trolls.

Quoth the Raven
Swag galore
Freestyle rapping at my door

>> Tumblr <<
>> My Music <<
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Music Section?
gosh i totally +1 this!! a subforum under art would be cool for this, i love trading music interests with other homestucks.

i am john dad sollux tricksters casey kidd(oc)
johndave/nepaya
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Reply: #3
If you want to trade music interests, then it's best to use General Chat, but yeah, I don't see why we couldn't have a Music Section for posting your compositions. :3
Offline 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Reply: #4
I find it painfully redundant that there's an entire music section that only focuses on composers while this thread could be easily moved there and give more thought, freedom, and diversity to the section itself. Right now, there's only one thread in there, excluding the usual rules thread.

The thread's description should also be modified, which is currently:

Quote:Post links to songs you have composed in here. This is for remixes, mash-ups or original compositions.

To state that it also includes the music and compositions of other people, in order to allow that thread to be allowed there in the first place.

Ducks & The Meaning of Life, by formalAnarchist.
Find all replies by this user
Offline 01-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Reply: #5
But see, that thread doesn't have anything to do with Homestuck.

The music section was created in the spirit of fostering/posting homestuck music.

not "i like music this is what i like" that's as general as chat gets.

Characters I play: Alpha!Dave, Dave, Dirk, Sollux

Pairings: JakeDave, DirkJake, Stridercest of all flavors(no shota), DaveDirk, EriSol, DirkRoxy, Davecest, Dersecest, DaveRoxy
Offline 01-24-2013, 09:42 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-24-2013 09:43 AM by Animator.)(Edited by Animator.)
Reply: #6
You reminded me of another particular thread, that /can/ be moved there, from what you just said.

But, as I pointed out, it's only for composing currently.

Ducks & The Meaning of Life, by formalAnarchist.
Offline 01-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Reply: #7
Posting composed music, I meant.

I don't want to derail Ms. Paint's thread further with "you need to move this" and "you need to move that". :-/

Animator, please create another thread. But keep in mind -telling us to move threads- are not suggestions.

Suggestions are for requesting new things, or changes. Not "hey you guys missed this".

Thanks!Cool

Characters I play: Alpha!Dave, Dave, Dirk, Sollux

Pairings: JakeDave, DirkJake, Stridercest of all flavors(no shota), DaveDirk, EriSol, DirkRoxy, Davecest, Dersecest, DaveRoxy
Offline 01-27-2020, 04:52 PM
Reply: #8
Music will online computer tech support take us to the world of happiness and satisfaction. When we are sad we can easily understand the meaning of lyrics while we hear the sad music. I always like to hear old melodies and pop songs.
Offline 02-02-2020, 04:44 AM
Reply: #9
(01-27-2020 04:52 PM)leonamargret Wrote:  Music will online computer tech support take us to the world of happiness and satisfaction. When we are sad we can easily understand the meaning of lyrics while we hear the sad music. I always like to hear old melodies and pop songs.

Why are these bots getting smarter?????

"grief is love in it's most savage forms"

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)