Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Roleplaying Nepeta
Offline 01-22-2013, 11:56 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-23-2013 02:31 AM by Clawkind.)(Edited by Clawkind.)
Reply: #1
Roleplaying Nepeta
I've been looking through a few of Nepeta's chat logs recently, and I thought I'd share some information here. This should provide some insight when it comes to her her quirk, personality, vocabulary and so on.

Typing Style

Nepeta starts all sentences with :33 < and replaces double E's with 33. The only forms of punctuation she uses are commas (,) question marks (?) and explanation points (!). She does not use periods (.) and she does not use apostrophes ('). At times she has used extra explanation points!!! and extra question marks???, but does not do this consistently. The only time she uses CAPITALIZATION is for emphasis.

Her color code is #416600, and she tries to engage in friendly roleplay whenever possible. She almost always starts a conversation in this way. She's not the most elegant roleplayer, however, and sometimes makes mistakes. She roleplays in the present tense from a third person perspective, and sometimes roleplay's another person's character. When referring to her character, she uses "AC", not Nepeta, and when referring to the other person's characters she refers to their tag as well (CG, GA, etc). Her character is a feline creature with two mouths. In this panel the character resembles her lusus, Pounce de Leon.

Her emoticons resemble her prefix in that they all have two mouths. Some of the emoticons Nepeta has used are:
  • :OO
  • X33
  • :DD
  • :((
  • :PP
She has changed her prefix (:33 <) to other faces (XPO <, :(( <), but not very often. Try not to feel compelled to change her prefix according to her emotional state. There have been times where she has been feeling sad or angry while her prefix remained the same. When she uses the heart symbol, she adds two threes (<33).

Cat Puns

Some of the puns Nepeta has used are:
  • Beclaws (because)
    Purrfect (perfect)
    Hypurrcrite (hypocrite)
    Purrmission (permission)
    Pawsible (possible)
    Diffurntly (differently)
    Purrtend (pretend)
    Purrsnickety (persnickety)
    Purrchance (perchance)
    Furget (forget)
    Purrplexes (perplexes)
    Purrmission (permission)
    Purrhaps (perhaps)
    Pawses (pauses)

Feel free to come up with your own, but try not to make them too obtuse. She has never said meowrails in canon, and she calls cats "cats", not meowbeasts, which has become a popular fanon term.

Interactions and Personality

Nepeta's conversations depict a sense of playfulness and innocence. While interacting with Terezi she tries to pacify her rather than fight back, and she is one of the few trolls who continues to get along with Aradia after her death. For the most part, Nepeta is passive. She rarely argues with anyone other than her moirail, Equius, and even then it's out of frustration, not resentment.

A feature worth noting is that Nepeta does not care about blood or classes. When Equius insists that she should not associate herself with the lowbloods, Nepeta responds with:

Quote:AC: :33 < no! i dont care, they are fun
AC: :33 < and i dont know anything about classes or bases or blood color, it doesn't matter!
AC: :33 < what does gr33n blood even mean! it doesnt mean anything to me and it shouldnt mean anything to anyone else!

It should also be noted that Nepeta has the ability to take things seriously. She will stop roleplaying if there's something important that needs to be discussed, and though she can be naive, she can judge the weight of a situation.

Equius

Responding to Nepeta's roleplays as Equius would be out of character as Nepeta says that Equius has "never played a fun purrtend game ever". However, in this panel Equius accidentally roleplays quite a few times and quickly corrects himself. Equius is Nepeta's moirail. Nepeta usually acts as a pacifier, and though they argue at times it's obvious that they care deeply for each other.

Karkat

Nepeta has a red crush on Karkat, but finds herself unable to find the nerve to tell him. However, the only troll who seems to have a real problem with her is, ironically, Karkat. In his conversations with her he holds a resentful attitude towards her roleplaying, and responds with obvious insincerity. However, when she isn't roleplaying he seems to behave neutrally, so whether he has a problem with her or with her roleplaying is arguable. In this panel, Dersite!Nepeta can be seen with a happy God Tier!Karkat on LOLCAT, which could be seen as evidence that the two could get along swimmingly if given the chance.

Vriska

Vriska is one of the few trolls who will voluntarily roleplay with Nepeta. She has roleplayed as Marquise Mindfang, and Nepeta mentions that she doesn't like it. She says that when Vriska roleplays as Mindfang she only does "terrible things". Vriska also mentions that she has a "spidersona", to which Nepeta gives up and decides not to roleplay with her anymore. Apparently she also does "terrible things" as her spidersona, too.

Terezi

When Terezi roleplays with Nepeta, she is a "mighty" and "majestic" dragon (the quoted words being heavily repeated throughout the roleplay). However, Terezi says that she doesn't really like roleplaying and that she is just humoring her. She doesn't have the heart to tell Nepeta this, though.

Tavros

Tavros is one of the other trolls who will roleplay with Nepeta if given the chance. He's not very well-versed in this, however, and has to pretend that his cat allergies aren't that bad for the sake of the scenario.

The Beta Kids

Nepeta mentions that Jade is her favorite human and that she has tried to become friends with her. She says that Jade thinks Nepeta is teasing her, and so it hasn't gone very well. This is right when the trolls discover the humans, however, so her opinion on the humans may have changed by now. She also says that Dave is "pretty cute". Given that Nepeta refers to Dave as Akwete Purrmusk (his parodic furry RP character that shows up in an early log with Jade), it's quite possible that she's roleplayed with him too. Later on Nepeta ends up interacting with Rose quite frequently to the point that Rose knows her real name. Rose acts as a messenger for Jaspersprite and Nepeta, however, so it's hard to say whether or not Rose and Nepeta have become friends, or if their interactions were the result of Nepeta's interest in the prototyped kernelsprite.

[Special thanks to centaurstesticle for added information about Dave]
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Roleplaying Nepeta
Thanks a lot for this! I rp Nepeta a lot, but there was some stuff in this I didn't know (like the punctuation.)

i rp nepeta, meulin, and the disciple
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Reply: #3
Given that Nepeta refers to Dave as Akwete Purrmusk (his parodic furry RP character that shows up in an early log with Jade), it's quite possible that she's roleplayed with him too (this happens in the [S]Karkat Wake Up flash.)
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 01-23-2013, 02:29 AM
Reply: #4
(01-22-2013 03:21 PM)Meulin Wrote:  Thanks a lot for this! I rp Nepeta a lot, but there was some stuff in this I didn't know (like the punctuation.)

You're very welcome! I'm sorry if I missed anything.

(01-22-2013 04:30 PM)centaurstesticle Wrote:  Given that Nepeta refers to Dave as Akwete Purrmusk (his parodic furry RP character that shows up in an early log with Jade), it's quite possible that she's roleplayed with him too (this happens in the [S]Karkat Wake Up flash.)

Oh, thanks! I'll add that. I remember her calling him that, but I couldn't remember who or what "Akwete Purrmusk" was.
Offline 01-23-2013, 05:38 AM
Reply: #5
(01-23-2013 02:29 AM)Clawkind Wrote:  
(01-22-2013 03:21 PM)Meulin Wrote:  Thanks a lot for this! I rp Nepeta a lot, but there was some stuff in this I didn't know (like the punctuation.)

You're very welcome! I'm sorry if I missed anything.

(01-22-2013 04:30 PM)centaurstesticle Wrote:  Given that Nepeta refers to Dave as Akwete Purrmusk (his parodic furry RP character that shows up in an early log with Jade), it's quite possible that she's roleplayed with him too (this happens in the [S]Karkat Wake Up flash.)

Oh, thanks! I'll add that. I remember her calling him that, but I couldn't remember who or what "Akwete Purrmusk" was.

Yeah, it was something I completely missed too until someone else pointed it out to me. And then when I did a second read through I was like, "Oh, yeah. That makes sense."
Offline 01-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Reply: #6
oh wow i actually never knew that nepeta had interacted with any of the kids! i mean i usually rp as potterstuck!human!nepeta in group chats but still
if i ever feel like rping as nepeta normally, i can talk to daves, jades, and roses this way
:33 now i don't know whether to rp as nepeta or davesprite...
Offline 08-07-2015, 12:23 AM
Reply: #7
:33 < i love this most people don't know how to rp as me

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)