Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
psychology????
Offline 06-02-2020, 06:29 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-02-2020 06:30 AM by pricklyPear.)(Edited by pricklyPear.)
Reply: #1
psychology????
Hi there,
I'm majoring in psychology and I was wondering what do people think about psychology? Do you think it's worth studying it? Why, why not?
Should we focus more on teaching people ways in which to protect themselves against manipulation? Or how to ask for help when they're in a rough spot? Or over all how their brain works and responds to stimuli?
I'm curious to hear other's opinions.

*X files theme plays in the distance*
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-02-2020, 10:51 PM (This reply was last modified: 06-02-2020 10:53 PM by matheusBewondering.)(Edited by matheusBewondering.)
Reply: #2
RE: psychology????
I'm not an expect at Psychology, but for me it's definitely a fun and tricky field to partake in. Actually, I love psycho-analyzing my friends and families sometimes as their unofficial mind-mending officer or sorts. I can't really give you a definite answer on whether or not you should study it, but if that's what you want to major in, then sure, go with it.

My personal intake of Psychology is, well... Psychology; the study of mental processes and behaviors. It's important because it you explain to people why they act the way they do. (But I'm sure you already know that.) So that's just my take on the subject. And for your question, I think that both protecting from manipulation and asking for help are key and necessary parts of helping people with whatever they need. Like I've said, I'm not an expert but it's fun to hypothesize and think about it anyway.

[Image: 2ZZXUqB]
Check out my fanadventures:
Control Algorithm
Optimistic Nihilism
[Image: 3776G7T]
Schnitzels
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-03-2020, 06:45 AM
Reply: #3
(06-02-2020 10:51 PM)matheusBewondering Wrote:  I'm not an expect at Psychology, but for me it's definitely a fun and tricky field to partake in. Actually, I love psycho-analyzing my friends and families sometimes as their unofficial mind-mending officer or sorts. I can't really give you a definite answer on whether or not you should study it, but if that's what you want to major in, then sure, go with it.

My personal intake of Psychology is, well... Psychology; the study of mental processes and behaviors. It's important because it you explain to people why they act the way they do. (But I'm sure you already know that.) So that's just my take on the subject. And for your question, I think that both protecting from manipulation and asking for help are key and necessary parts of helping people with whatever they need. Like I've said, I'm not an expert but it's fun to hypothesize and think about it anyway.

Psychoanalysis is actually such an interesting domain, especially the interpretation of dreams. Dreams are such slippery snakes yet they can tell SO MUCH.

*X files theme plays in the distance*
Offline 06-03-2020, 09:02 PM
Reply: #4
Yeah, pretty much, they can mean lot's of things. Whether it's something important or not.
Question, what made you want to major in Psychology?

[Image: 2ZZXUqB]
Check out my fanadventures:
Control Algorithm
Optimistic Nihilism
[Image: 3776G7T]
Schnitzels

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)