Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Nostalgia for this place...
Offline 02-22-2020, 08:59 PM
Reply: #1
Nostalgia for this place...
Today I touched this account for the first time in three years (which even then was after a sizable absence). And, it’s given me some feelings.

I was 12 when I joined this place, I think I had roleplaying anonymously on MSPARP proper a while before. I know that’s super young, but I was dumb and I was kind of stupid. Reading through my old stuff has reminded me of that more than ever. I joined one long form chat room role play on MSPARP, I don’t remember much if I’m being honest. I was playing human Meulin and who was in college, there was another person role playing their OC with MPD. Outside of that, I don’t remember a lot of my roleplays here outside of the fanadventures I started.

I had a lot of fun with those, and that’s where I found the most joy on this forum tbh. I can barely remember what was the plot of some of them, but I was super proud of Potterstuck. Despite being riddled with grammatical errors and poor writing, people seemed to engage with it somewhat.

The very early of my OCs exist here. I’m reading through my logs to piece together what personality I used to give them. They’ve changed a lot over the years, but I’ve kept all five of them. Some of them are characters in my D&D campaigns.

One of my clearest memories here is when I was typing on here overseas. My grandmother took me on a trip to Europe in 2015, but I was still somewhat active on these boards at that time. I always used my phone on incognito mode (I still do) and I was a bit of a lurker. Even thousands of miles from my home I was still keeping up with what was happening here, under the covers of some nice hotel bed.

I think my first absence was the one because my mom found out about here. I always kept my internet stuff secret from my mom (even though it was just dumb Percy Jackson and Homestuck roleplays), but she found out. That’s what you get for linking this account to your normal email address. She got mad at me and my brothers and made all of us write down our secret accounts and stuff. I can see why she did it, I was like 13, but it turned me off of this place for a while. I returned once in 2017, but it didn’t stick. To be honest, I don’t think this time will stick either. I still love Homestuck, and I would love to give my fan adventures a proper send off, but I don’t know if I have that in me. At least not right now.

As for now, I’m in college. I’m looking back at my formative years and thinking about how they shaped me. I didn’t spend a lot of time here, or make that big of an impact in the long run to this site, but it had a long impact on me. I sometimes think about the people I met here, the stories we made. For someone who joined here so young and doe-eyed, I don’t think I could have chosen a better place on the internet to spend my formative days.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)