Poll: How long have you been into Homestuck?
Since the beginning, baybeee
Somewhere in the middle.
Right when it ended.
Back when Hiveswap was released!
I just joined!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
I've been in this damn fandom for a decade. AMA.
Offline 01-07-2020, 03:24 PM (This reply was last modified: 01-07-2020 03:32 PM by Void.)(Edited by Void.)
Reply: #1
Star I've been in this damn fandom for a decade. AMA.
[Image: au-gJ8ZO_400x400.jpg]

As the title says, I've been into the homestuck scene since this panel here was posted (circa: August 12th, 2010).

I remember helping to crash Newgrounds with Cascade.

I made my first troll OC before the ancestors were introduced.

I've been here through the ups, the downs, and the all around chaos that is Homestuck, this forum, and other places of interest.

Ask me anything.

[Image: kdWS62f.gif]
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-08-2020, 03:56 AM
Reply: #2
RE: I've been in this damn fandom for a decade. AMA.
I created an account just so I could make you questions, hehe.
I joined the fandom back in 2013, but since I was just a kid and english was not my first language I did not get to feel all the fandom stuff that happened during the "golden era".

1. I assume you're an american or at least lives in a english speaking country, was it easy to find people that read Homestuck? I only managed to find on the internet, but even then it was pretty niche.
2. Did you ever cosplay or go to a con? Do you have any interesting story, i always hear how the fandom was a absolute cringe madness on cons.
3. How was the fandom reaction when Cascade dropped? I think Cascade is the climax of Homestuck and I wish I could have experienced the hype.
4. Do you remember any infamous artist, cosplay, moment, etc that people don't talk as much about it?
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-08-2020, 04:55 AM
Reply: #3
1. Would you like Lacille to live in a hs2verse?
2. How much would Lacille fit in the Friendsim world?

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 01-08-2020, 06:25 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-08-2020 06:31 AM by Void.)(Edited by Void.)
Reply: #4
(01-08-2020 03:56 AM)chess Wrote:  I created an account just so I could make you questions, hehe.
I joined the fandom back in 2013, but since I was just a kid and english was not my first language I did not get to feel all the fandom stuff that happened during the "golden era".

1. I assume you're an american or at least lives in a english speaking country, was it easy to find people that read Homestuck? I only managed to find on the internet, but even then it was pretty niche.
2. Did you ever cosplay or go to a con? Do you have any interesting story, i always hear how the fandom was a absolute cringe madness on cons.
3. How was the fandom reaction when Cascade dropped? I think Cascade is the climax of Homestuck and I wish I could have experienced the hype.
4. Do you remember any infamous artist, cosplay, moment, etc that people don't talk as much about it?

Haha, yeah!
1.) Yep, US of A, midwestern wise. I grew up in a little town where people are generally on the more conservative side. I met a few folks who had heard of HS, but never read it. Most of the people I met who had read it, I met online, or at a con!

2.) Following up with my previous answer, hell yes. I've attended Animinneapolis about three times, and cosplayed for two of those times. I was Terezi for my first cosplay, and a Fancy Godtier Roxy (before the canon Rogue outfit was even released!!!) for my second cosplay. Iirc I was about ~16 for my first con, and there was a pretty cringy game of Spin the Faygo... There were buckets thrown and spit into, to 'collect genetic material'... and there was this one incident where we had a (really good in my honest opinion) Jake English cosplayer who was twerking on the patio and dancing around a light pole. There's a video or two of him floating around on Tumblr.

3.) Cascade was chaos incarnate, and everyone was flipping their shit on Tumblr, because the site was down, newgrounds was down, everything was down and everyone was getting frustrated or spoiling it for others. Hussie then put a zip of the Cascade stuff down for people to download, and that's how I ended up watching it.

4.) Funnily enough, I met (and started dating) a guy who knew a guy that apparently was the voice of 'John' in the 'How Do I Live (D8 Night)' cover. But that's beside the point. The one thing I can remember that really sticks out to me is when GaiaOnline made all the corresponding Troll Horns, and got sued by Hussie's at-the-time girlfriend over it. It was a huge fiasco (having been an avid GaiaOnline user at the time) involving copyright infringement (which Gaia was notorious for). I think this was back in 2011 or so when I was still an active user.

(01-08-2020 04:55 AM)Fubar Wrote:  1. Would you like Lacille to live in a hs2verse?
2. How much would Lacille fit in the Friendsim world?

Fubar, you know I love you.

1.) It'd be funny for a while, but Lacile is definitely ALTERNIAN UNTIL SHE DIES!!! But you know damn well she'd be pulling all her rebellious shit at the end like she always does.

2.) Lacile would be fun to make a friendsim thing with, especially if Topquill is up to his usual bullshit or Rommel is also involved somehow. She'd probably be pretty aggravating to play with admittedly, unless she's one of the older versions.

Offline 01-08-2020, 07:19 AM
Reply: #5
Since you’ve been here so long you may be able to answer a question for me,
Which one of the trolls has the strongest godteir?
I’ve been thinking on this for awhile and haven’t come to a decision.

彡゚◉ω◉ )つー☆* ~the muse of space wishes you to have a wonderful day! -OZ
Offline 01-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Reply: #6
(01-08-2020 07:19 AM)optimisticZodiac Wrote:  Since you’ve been here so long you may be able to answer a question for me,
Which one of the trolls has the strongest godteir?
I’ve been thinking on this for awhile and haven’t come to a decision.
If we're talking in-canon,

Human: Witch of Space/Jade Harley: Witches are an active classpect, and they're pretty much at the top of their game power wise. They manipulate their aspect to suit their whim and fancy, and in turn, can be manipulated by their aspect if they're passive, like John. Jade's OP as hell, considering she moved an entire solar system to suit her needs. That and Space is one of the two 'main' aspects, alongside Time... That one's a no-brainer.

Alternian: Bard of Rage/Gamzee Makara: Gamzee has this unique ability, despite being a passive player, to literally effect everything and everyone ever in canon through their feelings. He's effectively able to quell Caliborn and Calliope and raise them, and thwart at-the-time Prince of Heart Dirk, and Heir of Void Equius (as ARquius) to create Lord English. That and his whole 'plot armor' thing... Yeah. He incites rage, and passively destroys it by being... well. Unkillable. 11/10 too OP.

Beforus: Thief of Life/Meenah Peixes: I mean, look at this r4d b34ch. Thieves tend to take for themselves, to grant themselves power- to do whatever they think is the best plan or option at the time. Life is an aspect all about... well. Life. The material plane. The physical. A Thief of Life is a powerful person to recon with.

If we're talking out of canonical story elements that forced characters to do certain things, I'd say... Either Aradia Megido(Maid of Time) or Equius Zahhak(Heir of Void). Aradia is literally 'made' of time, i.e. she is the active embodiment of time itself. She progresses the story, she progresses time itself. She could stretch things out or speed them up to her liking, and in reality, she transcends the timeline of HS itself.

Equius, being a Passive Manipulator of the Void, in my own thoughts, could potentially do so many things- Void is the lack of, and can also encompass the metaphysical. Void is the realm of the unseen, the hidden- secrets. Being able to manipulate and hide information at a whim, hide objects, conjure objects, manipulate things, and literally become invisible? Hell yes. You're the ultimate stealth build, with an uncanny ability to make important things or people disappear forever... Or until you choose to reveal them.

Maybe I'm a bit more inclined to Void due to my namesake. I'm also not feeling up to exploring the inverses and all that fun jazz, but also: Grimdark Rose. That Seer of Light turned into a Witch of Void, and was genuinely terrifying.

Offline 01-08-2020, 01:25 PM
Reply: #7
thank you! :D

彡゚◉ω◉ )つー☆* ~the muse of space wishes you to have a wonderful day! -OZ
Offline 01-10-2020, 01:08 AM
Reply: #8
Void, can you recommend any good homwstuck discord servers?

One third of the current active members are spambots anyway so I am not being shameful about my blayant advertising

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 01-10-2020, 04:45 PM
Reply: #9
(01-10-2020 01:08 AM)Fubar Wrote:  Void, can you recommend any good homwstuck discord servers?

One third of the current active members are spambots anyway so I am not being shameful about my blayant advertising

Lmao. Yes I can!

Here you go, shameless advertising!

Offline 01-11-2020, 01:32 AM
Reply: #10
I'd also like to add: I've been on this forum since 2014, so please, if there's questions y'all have about the forums, I'm also open to answering those as well.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)