Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An introduction to the trans community.
Offline 05-06-2019, 01:14 AM
Reply: #1
Rainbow An introduction to the trans community.
After Roxy found out that he's not a girl, and the homestuck wikia refused to update his gender, i figured i had to explain more about the trans community for all of you, cis people.

This site is a bit...Dead, but it should be useful to some people, regardless the number of people who are going to read that. I'm assuming that the public is small, so, please, share it. That would help a lot.

Cw: Transphobia, my experiences as trans.

Okay, to the first point:
Gender and the conection that it has with ones sexuality.
Something that i, as a trans woman, listen a lot is: 'Why are you going to be girl if you like girls?', or some variation of that. For someone who doesn't know much about the community, it seems to be a recurrent question. What many people don't see in that question is that it is a heteronormative question, assuming that the standart for a person is to be straight, wich isn't true, obviously.
What i mean is: Gender doesn't have any connection to sexuality.

Sidenote: Trans girls don't "become" girls. They already are, with or without the HRT (hormone replacing therapy). I'll talk about it more in the next topic.

Second:
Gender and the conection that it has with ones genitalia.
Boy, that is going to be long topic.
You probably already saw a post about trans people complaining about 'gender reveal parties', wich as we know, is based on the baby's genitalia. That already sounds really bad, doesn't it?
I mean, what kind of fucked up person would want to know the genitalia of your son/daughter? Think about it, Jee.
It's really not fair to assume that genitalia is so important that it should be in a document to let everyone know what you have between your legs. It's sick, honestly.
There's a lot of reasons to be agains't assigning gender at birth, but i'll list just a few:
its honestly useless. If it has a function, that is to contribute to the patriarchy and sexism in our society. It forces people to have patterns, because if you're a girl with high testosterone levels, you're not a girl, so you need to go through HRT to be a real girl; or if you're a girl with body hair, you're also not a girl (even though it's natural to every mammal???), etc.
Yes, that also means that TERFS are helping the patriarchy by reforcing the "woman" and "man" stereotypes by their genitalia.
I don't even need to say that Non-binary people don't owe you androginity, right? Cool.
Anyway, back to the point: genitalia has nothing to do with gender.

That should be a good introduction. I mean, i'd write more, but that should be enough.

Thank you for reading, if you have any questions, please ask. Heart Charm

Check out my theory about Cirava and Elwurd here!! ;;3
AV quality seal
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Online 05-06-2019, 07:00 AM
Reply: #2
RE: An introduction to the trans community.
Literally straight from the wiki:

"In the Epilogues, Roxy's pronouns fluctuate - the Candy route shows no difference from the canon storyline, where Roxy uses she/her, whereas the Meat route displays Roxy as nonbinary, using they/them pronouns. Later on in the Meat route, they use he/him pronouns as well, suggesting that Epilogue (Meat) Roxy is either genderfluid or nonbinary. As the epilogues and portrayals of the characters therein are deemed pseudo-canonical, the canonicity of Roxy's identity is unknown. For the sake of finding a middle ground between these identities, this article refers to Roxy using gender-neutral they/them pronouns."

And as far as I can see, it's correct - their wiki page uses they/them.

Quote this message in a reply
Offline 05-12-2019, 01:37 AM
Reply: #3
(05-06-2019 07:00 AM)Alienoid Wrote:  Literally straight from the wiki:

"In the Epilogues, Roxy's pronouns fluctuate - the Candy route shows no difference from the canon storyline, where Roxy uses she/her, whereas the Meat route displays Roxy as nonbinary, using they/them pronouns. Later on in the Meat route, they use he/him pronouns as well, suggesting that Epilogue (Meat) Roxy is either genderfluid or nonbinary. As the epilogues and portrayals of the characters therein are deemed pseudo-canonical, the canonicity of Roxy's identity is unknown. For the sake of finding a middle ground between these identities, this article refers to Roxy using gender-neutral they/them pronouns."

And as far as I can see, it's correct - their wiki page uses they/them.

they might've fixed it, but they didn't accept it at first. :)

AV quality seal
Online 05-12-2019, 07:15 AM
Reply: #4
(05-12-2019 01:37 AM)Shizre Greeko Wrote:  they might've fixed it, but they didn't accept it at first. :)

I think you need to consider the fact that the epilogues had literally just come out, and that talk of the epilogues was and is very rare on the actual character pages. This very much could have just been slow editing, or people assuming it had already been done and not checking, or a number of things.

I'm not saying that transphobia doesn't have a presence in this fandom, because it unfortunately does, but you're drawing some conclusions that I believe are hasty and unnecessary, given the "evidence" you've provided.

It's been updated, it doesn't matter now.

Offline 05-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Reply: #5
(05-12-2019 07:15 AM)Alienoid Wrote:  I think you need to consider the fact that the epilogues had literally just come out, and that talk of the epilogues was and is very rare on the actual character pages. This very much could have just been slow editing, or people assuming it had already been done and not checking, or a number of things.

I'm not saying that transphobia doesn't have a presence in this fandom, because it unfortunately does, but you're drawing some conclusions that I believe are hasty and unnecessary, given the "evidence" you've provided.

The trans community in the homestuck fandom wrote a lot about a certain admin in the wikia, i can say for sure that it happend.

Thanks either way.

AV quality seal
Offline 05-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Reply: #6
(05-12-2019 12:50 PM)Shizre Greeko Wrote:  
(05-12-2019 07:15 AM)Alienoid Wrote:  I think you need to consider the fact that the epilogues had literally just come out, and that talk of the epilogues was and is very rare on the actual character pages. This very much could have just been slow editing, or people assuming it had already been done and not checking, or a number of things.

The trans community in the homestuck fandom wrote a lot about a certain admin in the wikia, i can say for sure that it happend.

Thanks either way.
are you talking about nadia?

"grief is love in it's most savage forms"
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)