Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i roleplay
Offline 02-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Reply: #1
how do i roleplay

>be me
>be homestuck trash
>have a quirk and handle and everything but it's for *me*, not for an OC or anything
>no idea how to RP
>set a character page up with my info
>join homestuck chat OOC
>a solid 15 seconds of deathly fucking silence ensues
>"GC disconnected"
>this process repeats until i realize i might have no idea what i'm doing
guys help i'm really nervous and i'm scaring everyone away what do?

Error loading signature. Retry?
(Y/N)
(Y/N)
Loaded successfully.
hey eter
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 02-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Reply: #2
RE: how do i roleplay
Oh boy someone needs advice? Alright let me see what I can do!

First and foremost, I want you to know that roleplay is just for fun! It's nothing to be nervous about. Just relax and roll with it! I will proceed assuming you use MXRP, but a lot of this I think can apply to any platform!

First and foremost, it's a good idea to pick a muse. Someone you want to RP as! It can be an OC or a canon character that inspires you! I really like Jade and Kanaya for example, which makes them my muses.

Next, (if you have a canon character) I recommend reading over their Wiki pages to help you recall their history, look over some of their conversations with other characters in the comic to remember their relationships and personality, and finally skimming some guides on here to get more thorough insight into their personality!

Finally, it can be a good idea to have some sort of prompt outside of a simple "Hi" or "How are you" to get wheels moving. If you find a character your muse has a cool dynamic with, then think of something that could incite some giggles or drama! Often approaching them with a piece of news can work nicely. It can hook people in and they will usually add onto it interestingly. Go into an interaction with a loose idea of where you want to take it!

One last piece of advice -- it can be really helpful to pick out where your muse is on their adventure. It can help keep things going so that there's a specific timeframe for the interaction!

Gosh I hope I didn't just ramble, let me know if you have anymore questions! I'm by no means an expert of course, but if you have a character you want to practice with, just PM me and I would be thrilled to help you learn them!

Check out my God Tier/Fantroll Help Memo HERE :D!

Quote this message in a reply
Offline 02-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Reply: #3
RE: how do i roleplay
holy s h i t thank you so much this is mega helpful|

Error loading signature. Retry?
(Y/N)
(Y/N)
Loaded successfully.
hey eter