Freshness Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
In Memoriam: MSPARP
Offline 04-25-2019, 08:46 PM
Reply: #11
RE: In Memoriam: MSPARP
I'm bumping this up since the Epilogue has happened and made me realize a few things. Namely "oh fuck, I really never indulged too much in roleplaying here, did I?". Coming back here is honestly... very sobering. Like I missed something huge despite feeling like I was here not too long ago

I will be honest - I don't have a wealth of stories. But nevertheless I do have some fond memories. I signed up about 3 years ago and took the plunge as Homestuck was gearing up to wrap up. While I never really got into the groove of roleplaying Homestuck characters (and still have a hard time grasping literally everyone sadly), I really enjoyed my time here as I gave everything a go. I think my best attempt was giving a Mermaid!AU a go as Feferi. A lovely Tavros was there to spitball with me and I had never felt so satisfied as feeling everything click. Wherever you are, shy mermaid Tavros, I don't know if you realised it but you soothed my fears and my soul about giving everything here a shot <3

But this place... this place has history and soul. Not just in its memories, but in its structure. The unique echeladders, the level of customization you can do for your profile, the flat out blocky but efficient aesthetic of everything... it makes me nostalgic for a place I cannot quite name, with so many damn stories on here you feel like that you are reading the sacred texts of old

I hope it stands. I really want to keep coming back here and meet people through it for my own post-Golden Age adventures, so hopefully there are others out there who feel similarly

[Image: tumblr_o6hkc1SqKD1rognr3o1_500.gif]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 05-26-2019, 05:33 PM
Reply: #12
ah, this thread is very bittersweet!

there's my story! i feel bad if anyone actually read it, it's actually kind of boring, haha.

[Image: 4VyHl4O11fEdsQMxmqv_lTitbTjWnIpJhpl_yqaX...09b646f382]
Offline 05-31-2019, 11:04 AM
Reply: #13
A bit late, but I've just recently gotten sucked back into this hell. Might as well pass this off as my story.

So there's my...story? It's more of a shaky log of my experience with the fandom in general. Anyway, I'm glad people are still liking this god-forsaken comic. It warms my dumb heart.

Indigo Cowboy

I love everything. Fire spinning all around my room, my world so bright. It's hard to breathe, but that's alright.
Offline 06-10-2019, 10:39 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-11-2019 11:00 AM by Metrion-The-Breath.)(Edited by Metrion-The-Breath.)
Reply: #14
Ah, yes... it all began one fateful day in 2014. My family and I went on a vacation to Punta Cana where I met a guy who was around my age. We hung out for a couple days until he asked "Do you read Homestuck?"

Unsure of what this 'Homestuck' he spoke of was, I replied with "No, I never heard of it."

With that said, he told me about the comic's general premise and a website called MSPARP. As soon as I got home, I started reading Homestuck and began my adventure through MSPARP. Quite frankly, I was horrible when I started out. I didn't know the first thing about how to roleplay. As time went on, however, I began to hone my skills. To do this day, I wouldn't say I'm the greatest roleplayer, but I'm a whole lot better than I was five years ago.

During the golden age of MSPARP, I made several group RPs based off of a multitude of concepts, but most of them were unsuccessful.

Until I made Earthstuck, that is.

Earthstuck was a relatively simple concept; basically the trolls get stuck on Earth and have to learn to adapt to human life. It didn't explode into an extremely popular chat, but there were definitely some regulars there who I had fun with. One in particular I ended up RPing one-on-one with until she disappeared sometime in 2016.

For some time after that, I continued RPing with people, but slowly I began to lose interest as I grew disillusioned with Homestuck and felt like everyone I hung out with on MSPARP was gone. I attempted to make a fan adventure, which went well for some time, until I got bored and moved on to better things. It was sometime in 2018 that I finally left for good. Or so I thought.

Driven by nostalgia, I began to check back into the website, occasionally trying to find random people to RP with. Recently even, I thought about continuing my fan adventure.

But still, as much as I try, the glory days are gone. I have new friends, new hobbies and a new project to work on. Part of me is sad to see it go, but at the same time, I'm at least glad to have the memories.

I'm here to kick ass and be nostalgic about a time long gone... and I'm all out of ass.
Offline 06-29-2019, 04:02 PM (This reply was last modified: 06-29-2019 04:04 PM by Flotus.)(Edited by Flotus.)
Reply: #15
I like to think I have some fond memories of this place. I initially joined this place in 2015 after binge reading Homestuck per a friend's recommendation. I joined a couple group chats here and there and did some rp'ing.

During my time here I was pretty active. I was always searching and I was always willing to dump paragraph after paragraph in these sessions. I had some good times. I even met someone here. It was a golden age for sure.

But.. as time went on, I eventually drifted from both the forums and the people I met here. It's been years since I've talked to anybody from back then.

While it may be sad to see how things turned out here in general, I'm just glad it happened at all. I'm glad I met those people and had those good and bad times. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. Because when I look back on all those conversations, feelings, and moments in time it genuinely makes me proud to have had such an experience in the first place.

YOU'RE DEAD.
Offline 06-30-2019, 04:26 AM
Reply: #16
The fact that I'll never know what this Golden Age was is what causes me the most agony.

I joined late because I was told Homestuck was cringe. I only joined a little over 1 year ago. Maybe 2. And I missed everything..

I missed everything. And I'll never know what it was like. And I hate it. I hate it so much. Because there will never, EVER be a Golden Age again.

BILLIARDS MANIAC
Offline 06-30-2019, 05:49 PM
Reply: #17
I came around kicking during the Slow Burn era, I kinda wanna kickstart it back up? Revive some chats and hope that they last long enough to do so.
Offline 07-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Reply: #18
Joined during the good old gigapause. MSPARP was so active back then. People would pop up RP forums left and right. There was always something new and exciting. Veteran roleplayers mixed with newbies, either showing them the ropes or getting annoyed at their fannon ridden script chats. Both, usually. I spent a long time reading through people's chats to find the good rps that really stuck with me. I have a few saved now, even, that still hold up in how well written they were.

It was fun for the most part. There were a lot of sudden friendships made and broken within a month. Lots of loyalty pacts happened overnight. Strangers got together over a silly webcomic just to have fun with characters they truly loved. It wasn't all perfect, of course. The fandom drama and sheer amount of teenagers with mental healthy issues and bad coping methods poured out of every third chat you scrolled past. But, still, it was wonderful. A good chunk of these people are grown now. They're better now. In part, due to Homestuck. Homestuck gave a lot of people new accesses to social media- which lead them to mental health resources and better support systems. Others didn't make it out as well. I know a few. But, overall, Homestuck helped. Watching fictional characters run around the chaos of growing up in an apocolypse was comforting. Having a direction to create new creative thoughts from structured characters was also essential to eventually letting people make original content to be independent in their art.

Now, it's just about over. Not in spirit, just physically. Not many new rps or general activity. I think that's alright though. For a Homestuck vet like me, it's good to move on. There are other shows, worlds, and places to explore. Nothing will ever be the same, but that's true for everything really. Homestuck and MSPARP is a good memory. It's bittersweet sometimes, but a good ngoslagia fest nonetheless. Wouldn't have it any other way.

And for the newbies who missed it, here's some advice. Look up a comic called VAST ERROR. It's a spin off of Homestuck with the same troll and SGRUB aspects. It's different, obviously, but you will find a better home there than these empty halls.

I can roleplay any megid0, aNY nitram, dave, GaMzEe, Dolorosa, and many others!

Check out my Aradia RP Guide!
Offline 07-02-2019, 05:43 PM
Reply: #19
I've read MSPA since the middle of Problem Sleuth. I've been off and on with this community since before there was MSPARP. Since before there was Trollplay. Before MSPARP and Trollplay, there was Zingled. I also remember MSPAChan. You want a blast from the past? Let me take you back 8 years ago.
It wasn't glamorous, but it was home. I've seen this community evolve in ways that, honestly, I didn't like. I don't have a gripe with it, I just never really fit in, and years ago this frustrated me, when I was still desperate to find a place to belong to. Honestly, I'm still looking for that place to belong to, but in the back of my mind, I got this dirty little feeling that, for better or for worse, there isn't anyone quite like me - not to stroke my ego, of course, I just don't really fit with anyone, and maybe that's alright.

I don't know what possesses me to return to this forum, everyone I used to know has moved on. I think that's for the better. Some of you are in your early 20s. Some of you aren't adults. Half of my life will have come and gone in only 4 short years, if one is to believe the life expectancy.

(8:26:17 PM) Lord_English: MY POSTERIOR IS MAJESTIC. IN A MOST *UNSEXUAL* AND *NONSCANDALOUS* MANNER.
(8:27:48 PM) Lord_English: IT IS. THE HOTTEST OF ASSES. AND THE MOST PLUSH OF RUMPS.
(8:28:06 PM) Lord_English: IT IS THE SEAT. OF MY HATRED.
Offline 08-16-2019, 02:09 PM
Reply: #20
Oh jeez. Hard to tell what era I came in, perhaps close to the end of the Golden Era (at best). I remember having stupid-ass fake roleplays on the forums, getting dope art and helping people with fan-trolls. I left for about a year, deciding that I wasn't really into Homestuck/Hiveswap anymore (which isn't wrong, I'm not nearly as dedicated to Our Lord and Savior Hussie as I was 1-2 years ago) and that I'd be better off joining another fandom's forums.

It's weird being here. It's so quiet and dead, not what I remembered. Maybe one day, it won't be so quiet anymore. A fish can hope, yeah?

[Image: zmVCw0o.png]
roses are red landdwellers are gross why did you leave me fef what did i do?
[Image: WsfijIm.png]

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)