Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My problem with genderbending.
Offline 12-24-2018, 12:59 PM (This reply was last modified: 12-24-2018 01:15 PM by orbitingJupiter.)(Edited by orbitingJupiter.)
Reply: #1
My problem with genderbending.
I would like to start this off by saying that I am not saying this is everyone who genderbends, and I genuinely don't have a problem if that's what you're into, this is just a rant on what I've noticed with the ones I have role played with.

So genderbending. It's pretty simple, take a character and bend them to be the opposite gender. Or so that's what it SHOULD be. A lot of times I have encountered people who genderbend their characters which is totally cool and fine up until it gets to the point where they think genderbending a character...means changing the entire character's personality?
Take karkat for example. If you were to genderbend this cranky emotional prick and make him a girl...he would be female, and still and emotional prick. Not a fucking fairy princess type girly girl who likes anyone and everyone. This would work if you were genderbending and also doing an oppositestuck but from what I've seen...this is what a lot of people tend to think regular genderbending is.
I have encountered few on the site who understand the means of it, like one time I found a fem sollux. And they were AMAZING! The only thing different from them was that they were female. I get it if you're just starting out but something that should be taken into caution before genderbending..or even just playing a character in general would be to at least read up on the character's wiki in case you forgot anything from the comic itself.

orbitingJupiter, signing out!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-24-2018, 01:14 PM (This reply was last modified: 12-24-2018 01:14 PM by SpacedOutSylph.)(Edited by SpacedOutSylph.)
Reply: #2
RE: My problem with genderbending.
I feel you...Genderbending is honestly most fun for character designs, but it doesn't really change anything but their appearances :\

Check out my God Tier/Fantroll Help Memo HERE :D!

Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-24-2018, 01:15 PM
Reply: #3
THANK YOU! Finally someone gets it.

Offline 12-24-2018, 09:00 PM
Reply: #4
Frankly I believe it just gives someone an excuse to give somebody we recognize a completely different personality just due to the fact their chromosomes are different.
Offline 12-24-2018, 11:41 PM (This reply was last modified: 12-24-2018 11:43 PM by orbitingJupiter.)(Edited by orbitingJupiter.)
Reply: #5
I really don’t think that’s how it works, especially if it’s just going to give someone an excuse if they already can’t really play their character. At some point you have to look at what’s canon over headcanon.

Offline 02-11-2019, 07:30 AM (This reply was last modified: 02-11-2019 07:30 AM by communalAnxiety.)(Edited by communalAnxiety.)
Reply: #6
>i thought this w@s going to be tr@nsphobic but shit you're so right_

Error loading signature. Retry?
(Y/N)
(Y/N)
Loaded successfully.
hey eter
Offline 02-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Reply: #7
Lol nah, but like it's kind of sad? Because it should be so simple and like there's so many great opportunities for genderbending, but people seem to just make it go to waste.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)