Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
People who are too OOC
Offline 12-24-2018, 10:33 AM (This reply was last modified: 12-24-2018 10:56 AM by orbitingJupiter.)(Edited by orbitingJupiter.)
Reply: #1
People who are too OOC
Do you ever just connect to a character and you're like "Yes! This a character I have been searching for!" only to find out that they can't play the character correctly at all? To me, now this may be different for you, if you are way too OOC with your character and rely more on heacanons than straight up facts then you are not really playing your character. To me you are playing something completely different just under that characters name.
It ESPECIALLY hurts when that is a character that is on your "Gold List" you know the ones who you rarely see and you're just so excited because you never thought you would run into one? (an example of mine would be someone like Problem Sleuth or Clubs Deuce)and they just don't do that character justice.
Even when I would religiously role play as Nepeta, I would get in the face constantly with karkat's who were acting like your "UwU soft boi".
Now don't go thinking that I am hating on BEGINNER role players. I am not. I'm talking about the people that you know have been around for a while, people who even say they have been around for a while and have been playing that specific character for a while. It starts leading you to think "Did this person bother to read the comic?". I've even met a Sn0wman (keep in mind, I role play as Ms. Paint) who...wasn't a bitch. She was more like Ms. Paint. Of course having your headcanons is fine but if your alter the character so much it just makes it pointless to be playing said character. At this point I'm just rambling but it's something I really needed to get off of my chest.

orbitingJupiter, signing out!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)