Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1.5 Average
The Oppression of Doc Scratch (I/E: Weird Complaints)
Offline 12-21-2018, 10:56 AM
Reply: #1
The Oppression of Doc Scratch (I/E: Weird Complaints)
So, I am a simple little eggplant in the world, looking to make my way through the labrythine complexities that constitute life as a whole. And so, as but a simple vagabond-bound eggplant, I was playing as Doc Scratch

And as him, I encountered a small fantroll, and had a nice little RP going about the hopelessness of being a Fantroll in a world where Scratch exists, and even had a few paragraphs. Until she had brought up a complaint:

me: o wut the problm
her: idk, he talk 2 much

And so after promptly explaining why I had him talk so much, and her subsequent leaving, it had dawned on me that this was a compliant that I'd been facing fairly often from people- Mostly on their dislike of Doc Scratch's usualy wordy nature and occassional feats of verbosity. Which I find bizarre. It struck me as peculiar to fire a complaint upon me trying to fufill his usual canonical way of speech and mannerisms.

Which leads me to ask to you, thine fellow enthusiast of the RolePlaying Pursuit: What's a strange complaint you've had directed at your muses? It's gotten me curious to see what other odd complaints people may get about their characters.

BILLIARDS MANIAC
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-21-2018, 11:04 AM
Reply: #2
RE: The Oppression of Doc Scratch (I/E: Weird Complaints)
hey i've had that strange problem when roleplaying other “verbose” characters like mindfang or aranea too! i feel your pain, man.

anyway, some complaints i've received are that my feferi can say some REALLY mean things sometimes, and that my handmaid is too.. stoic. i guess. both scenarios always end in some rude comments and a disconnect. yikes. :/

[Image: 4VyHl4O11fEdsQMxmqv_lTitbTjWnIpJhpl_yqaX...09b646f382]
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-21-2018, 11:09 AM (This reply was last modified: 12-21-2018 11:15 AM by Bstudios.)(Edited by Bstudios.)
Reply: #3
Cripes! I'm awfully sorry to hear that. Luckily, I've been mostly lucky in avoiding harsh complaints and rude messages- But that may be because I typically go on as L[Image: 0nJkTZe.gif]rd English, and many folks are content to scurry as soon as the skeleton hulk shows up.

Still, I'm sorry to hear you've had rude things directed at you!

Sounds like a rotten situation to be plipped in for me. Honestly I'm glad I've managed to avoid most rude crowds.

BILLIARDS MANIAC
Offline 12-21-2018, 11:38 AM
Reply: #4
oh lord. i think i've gotten used to some of it by now, but thank you for the feel.

also. off-topic, but. you roleplay LE too?? we need more roleplayers like you, bless.

[Image: 4VyHl4O11fEdsQMxmqv_lTitbTjWnIpJhpl_yqaX...09b646f382]
Offline 12-21-2018, 11:47 AM
Reply: #5
[Image: h7eqSTA.png]

Yes I do! He's pretty much the only guy I play along with maybe Scratch and the rest of The Felt!

BILLIARDS MANIAC
Offline 12-22-2018, 06:51 AM
Reply: #6
i was going round as wearing a crow onesie!dave, and someone connected w/ me. i sent out the standard "hey, yo, check it out" so the other had a chance to look at my refs. they asked ooc "you mean, like a kigurumi?" i hadn't heard this word before, and i had to google it right now to spell it right. yeah, they're kinda the same, and i say exactly that. they then say "well why didn't you just call it that?", and disconnected on me.

m8.
i had never heard that word before. i still think onesie is more common, i haven't heard kirgumi anywhere else ever.
why would i use a word that i didn't know
how could i!!!
ughhh i'm still salty about it

i rp as:
i can try:
Offline 12-22-2018, 07:46 AM
Reply: #7
.... Well, if it helps any

I haven't heard that word before either.
Offline 12-22-2018, 07:50 AM
Reply: #8
(12-22-2018 07:46 AM)Bstudios Wrote:  .... Well, if it helps any

I haven't heard that word before either.

it's japanese, i think. but still, not everyone knows every word! give me a chance, random user!!!

i rp as:
i can try:
Offline 12-22-2018, 07:51 AM
Reply: #9
I'm an American! I'm not familiar with many things outside my own mish-mashed culture!
Offline 02-07-2019, 01:41 AM
Reply: #10
I've had many people complain over the fact that Ms. Paint is "Too nice" and like..that's her whole character archetype so...

orbitingJupiter, signing out!

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)