Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
non-homestuck classpecting garbage, the sequel
Offline 11-22-2018, 01:08 PM (This reply was last modified: Today 01:32 PM by continuuallyConfused.)(Edited by continuuallyConfused.)
Reply: #1
non-homestuck classpecting garbage, the sequel
More infection classpecting for other fandoms! If you have a fandom that you've done classpecting for, post it here!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-24-2018, 07:22 AM
Reply: #2
RE: non-homestuck classpecting garbage, the sequel
I've had quite a few thoughts about classpects for Attack on Titan characters, should I put that text wall here?

Check out my God Tier/Fantroll Help Memo HERE :D!

Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-24-2018, 11:53 AM (This reply was last modified: 12-01-2018 01:11 PM by continuuallyConfused.)(Edited by continuuallyConfused.)
Reply: #3
Yes(, even if I haven't seen a single episode of Attack on Titan)!
Offline 12-16-2018, 07:55 AM
Reply: #4
I guess I could do some Deltarune classpecting.

Classpecters Interested in Stuff That isn't Homestuck
Classpecters Interested in Stuff That isn't Not Hiveswap

wHATS A SIGNATURE.
Offline 12-16-2018, 08:50 AM (This reply was last modified: 12-16-2018 08:52 AM by SpacedOutSylph.)(Edited by SpacedOutSylph.)
Reply: #5
On that topic, and based on what little I've seen of the game, I believe our kid Kris might be a void player, more specifically a Prince? He's reclusive and has no control over his actions because you, the player, control him. We see how he violently and very actively destroys that void at the end of the game. Of course, we don't actually get to see much of Kris being authentically Kris. Many townsfolk comment on how he seems very different when we, the player, control him. His side of the room is a blank slate. If I were to guess, I would imagine that in his youth he may have been desperate for attention and sought to succeed in school, make friends, etc. But he's given up on it, as his efforts were ultimately fruitless. Asriel's room is covered in trophies. Maybe Kris didn't see any use in trying since he stood starkly in the shadow of his older brother. I don't know if this makes much sense, but hey, my fingers are crossed that it does!

Offline 01-02-2019, 06:35 AM (This reply was last modified: Today 02:00 PM by continuuallyConfused.)(Edited by continuuallyConfused.)
Reply: #6
It does sort of make sense, even if that would mean Ralsei and Kris are both Void heroes. I've also done some Undertale classpecting, as shown in the spoilery text wall below.(There was no way this thread wasn't going to get to Undertale eventually.)
[Elaborating edits in these brackets.]

wHATS A SIGNATURE.
Offline 01-02-2019, 10:24 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-02-2019 10:27 AM by SpacedOutSylph.)(Edited by SpacedOutSylph.)
Reply: #7
Prince of Heart for Chara? Hm... I'm uncertain about that one. She doesn't seem to destroy much heart anywhere. Depends on how you interpreted her character. If you go by the more flat reading of her character, you can get the Prince piece easy, but she would fall more into a Prince of Life or Prince of Time. For me, I am a strong believer in the Judgement Boy reading of her character. It just doesn't make sense to me why there would be such a flat, basic, "evil" character in a game that's all about having complex motivations and two sides to every story and all that. Not to mention -- stereotypical, flat "evil" characters can't really mesh with the classpect system that requires a more depth in a character in order for them to get a classpect at all. If you want to view her as just a villain, that's alright of course, I just think the other one is more interesting ^^... I highly recommend watching that video if you want to know more~!

I always wondered about Toriel's spaceyness vs lifeyness. I always saw her as Sylph of Life, honestly, but they have many things in common~! There is a fair view on either side. I just see more life in her, she just seems to lack the creative piece. She isn't into creating fashion like Kanaya was, and we never really see her being creative the way Jade is once she develops past the first stages of Witchy rebellion. However, the mother figure and the baking lends itself to life -- not to mention she was once a queen, a ruler, as so many life players are.

Also, for Asgore, I don't think he followed the arc of a bard. Not to mention, he's not destroying souls, he's gathering them. A bit different. I always saw him as a Hope player, to be honest. He really struggled to give his people hope and keep morale up, but I'll have to think over his class more. He's not as cool and logical as a Mind player, at least not how I remember him.

I think Sans and Papyrus are spot on though!! Page of Hope if I ever saw one!! As for Sans, you could argue Mage, but he's too passive for that. Not to mention, Seers of Time often become depressed and apathetic due to seeing all the doomed timelines again and again, very much like he did.

However, I think Asriel is a bit more Pagey, his rage manifesting into incredible power and all. You're right -- he and Xefros are similar, down to the class I believe ^^. They both go along with the ideas of someone with a strong personality (Dammek for Xefros, Chara For Azzy) and are ultimately very kindhearted. The way Asriel takes advantage of Rage in both his final bosses (nightmare Flowey and God of Chaos or whatever Asriel form).

As far as overlaps go, you have to consider that it's fine in non-homestuck fandoms because they are obviously not worried about classpects. They don't care if they have eight different Hope players, because they probably don't read homestuck, and if they do, this classification system doesn't exist in their universe. It happens. If a series centers around the idea of Hope, you will get a lot of hope/rage players. It's nothing to alter an accurate classpect for. You shouldn't mostly choose an aspect/class because the other ones they fit are taken :\. Undyne, for example, is definitely a rage player, through and through. Life is about energy, luxury, and growth. Rage is about anger, strength, and doubt. I see a lot more Rage in Undyne than Life...

Alphys is a Light player for sure, but I don't know if she's more roguish. She's pretty insecure for a mage. Mages are always sure of their aspect, whereas rogues naturally doubt their proficiency in their aspect.

(Also, on the Susie thing -- If she seems like Vriska, wouldn't she be a Thief or a Knight? Princes aren't much like thieves, but Knights can put on a facade that comes off very Thiefy. Keep in mind that traditional ideas of concepts like dark, light, etc. don't always match Homestuck's ":O)

Offline Today, 01:26 PM
Reply: #8
I don't know why I'm posting this 18 days later, but I already watched and agreed with the Judgement Boy videos on Chara and I guess I just assumed Prince of Heart would mean she(he?) isn't evil since Dirk isn't. Also, I thought Toby would try to make sure the classpects didn't overlap since he made some of Homestuck's music and Deltarune has some Homestuck references. Ironically enough, I'm using the word irony in something Homestuck-related I'm probably not very good at classpecting, which is part of why I opened this memo in the first place (because that's how SCIENCE[scroll to the middle of the page] works). If you still have that Attack on Titan text wall, you can still post it here, since this memo is just about fandoms other than Homestuck in general.

wHATS A SIGNATURE.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)