Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it really RP?
Offline 08-13-2018, 12:29 AM
Reply: #1
Is it really RP?
Hello, you've all probably gotten this question before, but I just needed to ask.
So, I mainly use this other site, RoleplayGateway, for RP stuff, but people over there weren't really all that interested in Homestuck things, so I found this place. However, after looking through it, I've started to wonder if it is actually "RP".
In RoleplayGateway, the posts are written out like you'd write a book: whole sentences, character dialogue and internal monologue, actions, and preferably more than one sentence (I.e. saying "he jumps off the ledge and says hi" is likely going to get you a lot of dislike on the site). But in this place, (most of) it's written out like a webcomic, except for the parts of dialogue in the one place, but that's just people talking like they are texting or something. It doesn't really give much of a RP feel to me.
I just wanted to ask if there was any place like what I described above on this site. Otherwise, I don't really think there will be much driving me forwards to remain here, as I already have stuff on MSPFA too to write fanventures.

~abraxasAxis
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-13-2018, 12:42 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Is it really RP?
(08-13-2018 12:29 AM)abraxasAxis Wrote:  Hello, you've all probably gotten this question before, but I just needed to ask.
So, I mainly use this other site, RoleplayGateway, for RP stuff, but people over there weren't really all that interested in Homestuck things, so I found this place. However, after looking through it, I've started to wonder if it is actually "RP".
In RoleplayGateway, the posts are written out like you'd write a book: whole sentences, character dialogue and internal monologue, actions, and preferably more than one sentence (I.e. saying "he jumps off the ledge and says hi" is likely going to get you a lot of dislike on the site). But in this place, (most of) it's written out like a webcomic, except for the parts of dialogue in the one place, but that's just people talking like they are texting or something. It doesn't really give much of a RP feel to me.
I just wanted to ask if there was any place like what I described above on this site. Otherwise, I don't really think there will be much driving me forwards to remain here, as I already have stuff on MSPFA too to write fanventures.

~abraxasAxis

You sound like your describing paragraph RP to me! And a lot of the webcomic types are people's Fab Adventures, or similarly formatted adventures! If you want to RP paragraph style with someone, all you need to do is ask, or even open a board for paragraph RP :)
But TL;DR, yes, you can have a look around at maybe the group connections or One on One connections :?
Hope this helped, let me know if you find anything!

Check out my God Tier/Fantroll Help Memo HERE :D!

Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-13-2018, 12:51 AM
Reply: #3
Okay, thanks! I will look to keep my eye open. For now I'll just keep doing my rerun of World Tree.
Offline 08-13-2018, 08:51 PM (This reply was last modified: 08-13-2018 08:51 PM by Gamizle Makarizzle.)(Edited by Gamizle Makarizzle.)
Reply: #4
I'd say it sounds similar to Cherubplay, except maybe not so many individual prompts (and possibly even higher quality)? I took a quick glance at it and from the looks of it, it's kind of D&D style, collaborative storytelling in different original universes? I don't use it, so pardon if I'm wrong.

If you don't know, Cherubplay is mostly Homestuck, but there's a lot of other fandoms as well, pretty much all paragraph RP of various lengths. It's neater (at least to me) than MSPARP MxRP since you can just search through the posted prompts to find what you like and not spend hours and days looking for a partner at random.

Hope that helped clear stuff up. ^^

Also called Doodlana.

[Image: j39rr4q]
Fact: Space does not exist.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)