Post Reply 
 
Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The What? Wastes?
Offline 11-14-2018, 09:38 AM (This reply was last modified: 11-14-2018 01:17 PM by ambiguousMangoCat.)(Edited by ambiguousMangoCat.)
Reply: #31
RE: The What? Wastes?
Stand your ground.

You hold tightly onto your crowbar in front of you as the group approaches.

The people arrive at the side of the crashed ship, stopping their mounts. There are about 7 of them, all wearing hoods, rags, and small bits of armor in multiple shades of gray, and they're each saddled on large, gray, carapaced creatures.

The person at the front of the group says something you can't discern to the rest, hops off of their mount, walk to the side of the ship, climb up onto the deck where you stand, and remove their hood with one hand, their other keeping their grip on a scythe-like weapon. You notice she's a [Dersite] woman, and she's a lot taller than you are.

You don't speak to her, but rather, let go of your crowbar with one hand and give a small wave before returning your hand to the handle of the crowbar. You think for a moment about how crowbars are mostly handle. About 80% or more of a crowbar is handle. Weird, right? You ask this question to the chorus of crickets in your head. They reply only in a language of chirping. Figures.

She waves back with her free hand and clears her throat.

"Hello. Can you, like... speak?"

You only nod in reply.

"Fair." She shrugs. "I'm the Scavenging Official."

You nod again, deciding to finally speak. "Disoriented Vagrant."

"Hm. Apt name." She looks back to her companions, as do you. You notice now that they all seem to be heavily armed. Your attention is pulled back to her as she speaks again. "Well, my friends here are going to be searching this ship for parts, but once they're done with that, I can take you to the city, and, you know. Get you oriented."

You have a lot of questions you want to ask, but you don't. In fact, at this point, you're too intimidated to do anything other than nod and do what she says.

She leads you off the deck and back to her mount, which you both take a seat in the sand against, using it as shade. After she gives them a thumbs up, her companions dismount, all of them heading onto the deck of the ship and heading off in different directions within.

You are now left alone outside with SO.

> What do you do?


hi!! my names rain and i write sometimes


please check out [The What? Wastes?]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-16-2018, 01:34 AM
Reply: #32
RE: The What? Wastes?
> ask where we are right now
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-16-2018, 06:20 AM (This reply was last modified: 11-18-2018 12:22 PM by ambiguousMangoCat.)(Edited by ambiguousMangoCat.)
Reply: #33
RE: The What? Wastes?
Ask whereabouts.

You look over at her, and she looks back to you. Might as well ask some questions now, since you have time.

"So. Where are we?" You tilt your head.

"The... the desert? I dunno what to tell you. We're about five minutes south of Ammostein."

"No, I mean, like... What planet?"

"Jeez, you really are Disoriented, huh? We're on The In-between."

"Is. Is that the name?"

"Uh huh. You know, planet in between the empires?"

"Oh. Right. The empires."

She chuckles. "Yeah, those."

You don't say anything after that, and neither does she. You can still hear her companions clamouring inside the ship. You assume it'll still be a bit until they're done.

> What do you do?


hi!! my names rain and i write sometimes


please check out [The What? Wastes?]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-16-2018, 10:39 AM
Reply: #34
RE: The What? Wastes?
> Inquire if she knows where this ship came from.


Check out my God Tier/Fantroll Help Memo HERE :D!

Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-17-2018, 07:38 PM
Reply: #35
RE: The What? Wastes?
Ask origins of ship.

"Where'd this ship come from?"

"Are you... Pullin' on my leg or something? This some kinda funny thing? A little humor?"

"N..No...?"

"You don't know where this ship is from, you mean to tell me?"

[DV made a PHYS KNW check of 64...]

"Yeah, that's. That's what I mean to tell you."

She sighs, almost seeming kind of annoyed. "This is a Prospitian ship. Judging by the looks of it, it crashed, uh... Maybe a century or two ago?"

"Uh. A century? Or two?"

"Yup. Century or two."

The implications of having mysteriously woken up on a ship that crashed a century or two ago really bother you.

She nods towards the ship. "They should probably be getting done soon, so. If you've got any other questions, now's the time."

> What do you do?


hi!! my names rain and i write sometimes


please check out [The What? Wastes?]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Reply: #36
RE: The What? Wastes?
> Inquire about PACE
x1 x1(list)
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-19-2018, 05:45 AM
Reply: #37
RE: The What? Wastes?
Ask about PACE Labs.

Before you're able to say anything, she looks over at you and points at the logo on your labcoat, tilting her head quizzically.

"What's that?"

"Oh. Fuck, I was just about to ask the same thing."

She shrugs. "Sucks for you, I guess. I ain't got a clue. Some kinda lab, obviously."

"Yeah, I.. I guess that'd make sense."

You're both left silent once more. Her mount snuffles softly as some of the dust blowing through the desert hits its nose. She reaches over to silently pat its shoulder.

One of the scavengers called out from the ship to her.

"That's everything!"

"Great!" She stands, waving the scavengers over. "C'mon, y'all, let's get moving. We've gotta get to Shellbreak before it gets too dark."

You look up at her. "Shellbreak? I thought we were going to, uh... Ammostein?"

"Well, it'll take too long to get to Ammostein before the sun's all the way down, so we're gonna stop at Shellbreak for the night."

She extends a hand to help you stand up. You take it.

"Ok, got it."

SO and the rest of the scavengers hop onto their large, carapaced mounts. Their mounts all stand up, except for hers. She gestures for you to get on, and you do.

She glances back towards you before signaling her mount to start going. "Hold on."

You do.

> A long and bumpy ride into the sunset later.


hi!! my names rain and i write sometimes


please check out [The What? Wastes?]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Board jump:


User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)