Poll: Would you guys be interested in this being made?
Yes, i'd be interested in playing/GMing
No, I think this isn't going to work. Sorry!
I'd like more info before I commit either way
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Homestuck Tabletop/Roleplay?
Group Tags
Offline 07-22-2018, 11:43 AM (This reply was last modified: 07-22-2018 12:55 PM by KreepyPearson.)(Edited by KreepyPearson.)
Reply: #1
Homestuck Tabletop/Roleplay?
Hey! My name is Rat and I have a sloppy pitch for a RP/Tabletop game i've been tossing around in my head! For awhile I wanted to run a game where people can all explore their lands, meet their Guardian, and just in general have a experience with the game of SGRUB instead of it just being RP-Based. To do this, I had an idea on how to meld Gaming with Roleplay, in a unique way just to Homestuck! Here are some of the main points of interest:

1. Everyone is a GM, and Everyone is a Player.
Using a simplistic RPG System called 4th Gate, it's really easy to GM, so we'd have the Server Players run the Client Player's Planet! In return, THEIR Server player would do the same for them, letting every player have the flexibility of having a GM to control Denizens, consorts, and even land quests for the players!

2. There is an overarching plot, with side-plot.
Aside from just Land quests and individual tasks though up by the GMs, there is an overarching quest for everyone involving the First Guardian, and fragmented bits of code strewn across the planets. We'd talk to each GM about where and how we can place these so it doesn't interrupt!

3. Each land is fully explorable by it's player.
Since we have individual GM's, each player can ask their mod to run something for the, whether it be talking to a consort, running through a dungeon, or finding their Quest Bed, it's all within arm's Reach!

4. Characters can actually progress because it's a RPG!
Using the 4th Gate system, and easy level-up and stat system make to more fleshes out, as players don't fully control whether they succeed or not, along with them getting better and stronger as time goes on!

5. Pesterchum, Planet RP, and Moon RP are viable!
Instead of having to put it all in one big chat, it would be on Discord, so every planet would have it's own channel, allowing OC's to have private moments, planet exploration fun with a buddy, or just do group mission to hang out!

Tdlr; I want to run a Homestuck RP/Tabletop on Discord where all the players have their own GM’s and are GM’s. We’d have two AGM’s who’d help around when needed and run the First Guardian/Moons, but otherwise everybody would be a player in their own planet but a GM to their clients. Would you be interested in playing? Leave any and all questions underneath, and i'll get back to you as soon as possible!

UPDATE: Keep in mind, I need you to ask questions so I know what to expand upon, and awnser 'em! It just makes it TONS easier for me!

My Muses are Signless/Sufferer, Psiionic/Helmsman, Handmaid, and Darkleer. I also run a Homestuck Tabletop server![/align]
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 07-24-2018, 02:47 AM (This reply was last modified: 07-24-2018 11:24 AM by KreepyPearson.)(Edited by KreepyPearson.)
Reply: #2
RE: Homestuck Tabletop/Roleplay?
Hey, guys, update! I decided to make the server a thing, and inside is alot more information! If you would like to pop in and give it at the very least a check-up, the link is https://discord.gg/GV9qgmJ ! I'll also be individually PMing those whom said that they'd be interested to get them the links, just to be safe.

My Muses are Signless/Sufferer, Psiionic/Helmsman, Handmaid, and Darkleer. I also run a Homestuck Tabletop server![/align]
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Reply: #3
(07-24-2018 02:47 AM)KreepyPearson Wrote:  Hey, guys, update! I decided to make the server a thing, and inside is alot more information! If you would like to pop in and give it at the very least a check-up, the link is https://discord.gg/GV9qgmJ ! I'll also be individually PMing those whom said that they'd be interested to get them the links, just to be safe.
so hey are the that one user on cherub play ? advertising something similiar and i responded hoping to get invited but they haven't said anythign in like weeks
Online 09-25-2018, 08:33 AM
Reply: #4
Hello!
I've read through the fourth gate handbook and though It seems super cool I've got some Questions.

1 Who plays characters that aren't the kids in the session.

I understand that your GM would ha does NPCs In your land or your Sprite, but what if the GM's character also went to that players land, or all the players confronted the black king?

2 How exactly would group or session wide events be handled?

This is pretty similar to the last one but, if some machinations are happening unbenounced to the players, or huge planet destroying bomb goes off, who narrates that? And furthermore, who plans for it? Like, do the GMs get an underlying idea of the bigger picture and colabertivelt work on it as they go? Or does every GM (and in turn, every player) know how things are going to play out?
Offline 09-29-2018, 01:36 PM
Reply: #5
Yo!! this is pretty neat??? not entirely sure if this is still going on, though, nor can i access the chat since the link expired

"The strongest people are those who don't fear being alone."
Troy Gathers

♣️️

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)