Freshness Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
FANTROLL REVIEW/GOD TIER DIAGNOSIS
Offline 02-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Reply: #61
RE: FANTROLL REVIEW/GOD TIER DIAGNOSIS
found this page in your sig, can you help me write a proper character (begrudgingly) "trollsona"?
F A C T S:
-my extended sign is libsces
-i picked a class randomly because i don't really know how they work, but i'm the kind of person who provides combat *and* emotional support for the team
-my first and middle names are a valid troll name but neither really *sounds* like a last name the way canon ones do somehow
most of my other info is on my page. hopefully i can put it together with my irl personality to get something passable on the forums, but i need ideas and would really appreciate help.
tysm
-teri

Error loading signature. Retry?
(Y/N)
(Y/N)
Loaded successfully.
hey eter
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 02-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Reply: #62
(02-11-2019 12:29 PM)communalAnxiety Wrote:  found this page in your sig, can you help me write a proper character (begrudgingly) "trollsona"?
F A C T S:
-my extended sign is libsces
-i picked a class randomly because i don't really know how they work, but i'm the kind of person who provides combat *and* emotional support for the team
-my first and middle names are a valid troll name but neither really *sounds* like a last name the way canon ones do somehow
most of my other info is on my page. hopefully i can put it together with my irl personality to get something passable on the forums, but i need ideas and would really appreciate help.
tysm
-teri

I am absolutely happy to help! I can work on a design and such now, but your class is very involved. Why don't I give a brief overview of all the classes later, and you can inquire about the ones that sound most like you!

Another way to do it is to tell me a little bit more about you, but I understand that might not be something you are comfortable with ^^

You can PM me if you want to do it that way :)

I guess some starter questions for now are:

- Favorite animal?
- Activities you enjoy?
- And some basic personality traits!
I can get started with that much ^^

Check out my God Tier/Fantroll Help Memo HERE :D!

Offline 02-15-2019, 03:17 AM
Reply: #63
Alright, this is a little overdue, but here it is anyway! One character analysis and Rogue of Light coming right up!

About Rogues:
Rogues are the passive stealing class. Rogues are usually pretty cheerful and easygoing. They are often very proficient with stealing their aspect, but rather than keeping it for themselves, they will share it with the people they care about, more often than not to benefit their party. This isn't to say rogues can't be misguided in how they redistribute their aspect, but it will often be for what they believe to be good! However, rogues are usually uncertain about their proficiency with their aspect, much like thieves, but they have a much more easygoing insecurity. They are more the type to make jokes about how insecure they are and avoid their aspect at times rather than the dogged, desperate pursuit of perfection one with find in a thief.

About Light Players:
The light aspect is all about knowledge, enlightenment, curiosity, and understanding. It is discovery where void is secrets, it is clarity where void is hazy. It is attention - the spotlight, if you will - where void is obscurity and fading into the background. Light is also about fortune and luck.

Journey/Personality:
A Rogue of Light is likely very intelligent, but they are probably too polite to rub it in your face. They might even fear being wrong in the beginning or not share their knowledge in order to keep the peace. The rogue would probably give up too easily, jumping from learning about topics of interest rapidly due to feeling that they aren't competent enough to learn about what they are interested in. They might even be anxious about the idea of being in the spotlight, and pass that Light on to someone else. However, don't take this as a sign that Rogues are weak. Once they gain confidence with their aspect and feel as if they are in an environment where they can mess up sometimes and not be berated for it, Rogues can turn the tide of a session. Any scenario in which Light or a symbol of light is passed onto someone else out of distrust in the Rogue's own abilities applies well here, and that is powerful!

Powers:
A Rogue of Light would be able to steal luck and knowledge from an enemy and redistribute it throughout their party for the better. One really interesting application of these powers would be redistributing light from their enemies, which could cause literal blindness! I also believe they would be good at keeping the team on the same page -- redistributing information around the group to keep everyone in the loop. The Rogue probably would do this before, but it would be executed with ease now. The Rogue would be uniquely equipped for strategy -- being able to predict or steal the enemy intelligence and turn it against them. It could also be used to steal the luck of the enemy and indirectly rain misfortune down upon them.

So what does that have to do with Ciphra? Let's have a look...

She's very blunt and to-the-point, and the uncontested "boss" of her session.
Blunt honesty is very characteristic of a light player. It looks like your rogue might be a more confident one, this is good for her chances at successfully developing!
However, her businesslike exterior only extends to the business of the actual in-game motives of SGRUB, as her pre-SGRUB self is extremely social and honestly kind of a nerd.
This is interesting! Social lines up well, as it can be seen as Ciphra being interested in the attention of others, and "nerd" applies to basically all light players. They are prone to being very excited and passionate about information.
Her interests include divination and literature, although it takes her a while to fully get a grasp on the whole "accurate predictions" thing.
This makes sense and lines up with the Light thing. Needing to learn about increasing accuracy would be characteristic of a Rogue as well! As long as she shares her predictions to benefit others, this lines up well!

Check out my God Tier/Fantroll Help Memo HERE :D!

Offline 02-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Reply: #64
While not necessarily a "power" of the Rogue of Light - in that it doesn't have a combat application I could see them messing around with ~how~ the story is presented.
Remember how we got to see Jade and Dave fighting Bec in the little header image? I could see a Rogue of Light coming into their powers doing something similar, as a way of spreading out that attention or relevance so that everyone get's a chance to shine.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)