Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
FANTROLL REVIEW/GOD TIER DIAGNOSIS
Offline 09-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Reply: #31
RE: FANTROLL REVIEW/GOD TIER DIAGNOSIS
I'm really impressed at how good you are at these classpecting things.
I really struggle when it comes to this aspect of Homestuck character creation - creating a character, assigning them an aspect and a class and making sure they stick with it.

Thanks for the Sylph.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Reply: #32
Of course ^-^
Honestly I have trouble with that too to be perfectly honest, I've recently tried to find an idea of classpect first as I develop the character, it kind of helps :)
Just let me know if you need help with anything else! Sorry it took so long!

Check out my God Tier/Fantroll Help Memo HERE :D!

Offline 09-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Reply: #33
(07-17-2018 05:58 AM)SpacedOutSylph Wrote:  Hey everyone! Are you struggling with finding a god tier for yourself or your fantroll, or are you just looking for a second opinion on your fantroll or other homestuck OC? If that's the case, look no further :D!!

I'm here to help anyone with feedback on your fantrolls (or others OCs!), and help you figure out a god tier for them, those are always tricky!

You can leave a comment here or PM me ^-^
Be sure to include name, sign, age, blood color, a bit about their personality and major themes, interests, lusus, quirk, appearance, etc.
I don't need as much info for god tier outside personality but feel free to include whatever you like!

I've also recently expanded to giving a insight into classpects and extended zodiac signs! However, I'm not an expert, so please feel free point out mistakes or expand on anything I post here :3

Happy Creating!
Do you have any advice on coming up with a typing quirk that’s unique but not annoying? I’ve been trying to come up with on for an oc, but whenever I do, it feels like it’s either too annoying to read or too unoriginal.

[Image: 02152.gif]
Does mind honey taste good?
Offline 09-16-2018, 08:35 AM
Reply: #34
(09-16-2018 08:09 AM)hauntedEmphatically Wrote:  Do you have any advice on coming up with a typing quirk that’s unique but not annoying? I’ve been trying to come up with on for an oc, but whenever I do, it feels like it’s either too annoying to read or too unoriginal.
GENERAL ADVICE ON QUIRKS :D

Yeah, certainly!
Quirks are pretty important. They are the= first thing viewers see about your OC. They can also communicate a lot about the character at first glance :D

Alright, so whenever I have a quirk, the best advice I can give is to have it tie into their personality/motifs somehow. If you have a unique character trait/interest/theme, use it! Tying it in somehow usually makes your quirk really unique :)! It can be random and work just as well, but it's not as much fun!

Is your character a chemist with a love of all things riches? Have them apply precious metals to their quirk!
Example:
caught = cAught (Au is the symbol for gold!)
page = pAge (Ag = Silver)
concept = concePt (Pt = platinum)

You know, things like that!

For example, one of my trolls translates double s's into fives (ss=55). It's because she has a close relationship with her lusus (who has five heads). However, when she loses that closeness, she drops that element of the quirk. It's not super crazy deep, but it feels close to the character. It's something she would do. Keep the quirks in character! If you have a shy, timid character, THE!R QU!RK PROBABLY SHOULDN'T LOOK SUPER ENERGET!C AND EXC!TED :D!!!!

It can also look like their sign! I made a fantroll based on the Sagigo extended zodiac sign (it looks like an arrow :) ), so the character encloses speech in >>-[speech]-->, since that's what the sign looks like. She's rather proud of her lineage and her blood color, so she happily advertises that somewhat when she talks, as she bases her identity on what she knows about her ancestors!

As far as not being annoying goes, just make the quirk readable.
!+ $#0v\dn'+ \00k \!k< +#!$ !!!
Also, try and make sure that, if you replace a letter with a symbol, the symbol actually looks like the letter...
Ex:
a = @ is probably alright, but something like g = 7 would get confusing and confusing fast!

Honestly, as long as you can give an explanation for their quirk, then it's probably all good! Even looking at the friendsim, which gives a lot of quirk examples, a lot of the quirks aren't super complicated! Just have fun with it, be creative, and don't worry too much about what other people think of it <3! Quirk is only a small part of what makes your troll or other character who they are :)

Hope this helped~

If you've got major motifs for your OC, let me know and I can give you some more specific things! Happy Creating :D!

(wow this ended up much longer than I thought it'd be- sorry about that!)

Offline 09-23-2018, 12:59 AM (This reply was last modified: 09-23-2018 01:00 AM by hauntedEmphatically.)(Edited by hauntedEmphatically.)
Reply: #35
(09-16-2018 08:35 AM)SpacedOutSylph Wrote:  
(09-16-2018 08:09 AM)hauntedEmphatically Wrote:  Do you have any advice on coming up with a typing quirk that’s unique but not annoying? I’ve been trying to come up with on for an oc, but whenever I do, it feels like it’s either too annoying to read or too unoriginal.
GENERAL ADVICE ON QUIRKS :D

Yeah, certainly!
Quirks are pretty important. They are the= first thing viewers see about your OC. They can also communicate a lot about the character at first glance :D

Alright, so whenever I have a quirk, the best advice I can give is to have it tie into their personality/motifs somehow. If you have a unique character trait/interest/theme, use it! Tying it in somehow usually makes your quirk really unique :)! It can be random and work just as well, but it's not as much fun!

Is your character a chemist with a love of all things riches? Have them apply precious metals to their quirk!
Example:
caught = cAught (Au is the symbol for gold!)
page = pAge (Ag = Silver)
concept = concePt (Pt = platinum)

You know, things like that!

For example, one of my trolls translates double s's into fives (ss=55). It's because she has a close relationship with her lusus (who has five heads). However, when she loses that closeness, she drops that element of the quirk. It's not super crazy deep, but it feels close to the character. It's something she would do. Keep the quirks in character! If you have a shy, timid character, THE!R QU!RK PROBABLY SHOULDN'T LOOK SUPER ENERGET!C AND EXC!TED :D!!!!

It can also look like their sign! I made a fantroll based on the Sagigo extended zodiac sign (it looks like an arrow :) ), so the character encloses speech in >>-[speech]-->, since that's what the sign looks like. She's rather proud of her lineage and her blood color, so she happily advertises that somewhat when she talks, as she bases her identity on what she knows about her ancestors!

As far as not being annoying goes, just make the quirk readable.
!+ $#0v\dn'+ \00k \!k< +#!$ !!!
Also, try and make sure that, if you replace a letter with a symbol, the symbol actually looks like the letter...
Ex:
a = @ is probably alright, but something like g = 7 would get confusing and confusing fast!

Honestly, as long as you can give an explanation for their quirk, then it's probably all good! Even looking at the friendsim, which gives a lot of quirk examples, a lot of the quirks aren't super complicated! Just have fun with it, be creative, and don't worry too much about what other people think of it <3! Quirk is only a small part of what makes your troll or other character who they are :)

Hope this helped~

If you've got major motifs for your OC, let me know and I can give you some more specific things! Happy Creating :D!

(wow this ended up much longer than I thought it'd be- sorry about that!)
Alright, thanks a bunch for the advice! I'll try using it in the future. Btw sorry for the late reply.

[Image: 02152.gif]
Does mind honey taste good?
Offline 09-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Reply: #36
Sure thing :D!! I hope I could help :DD

Offline 10-16-2018, 09:44 AM
Reply: #37
So! I need some Godtier help. This trolls name is Anonim and this is her personality!
Anonim is fairly laid back and a go with the flow type of person. She’s also pretty protective over anyone she’s friends with or in a quadrant with. She doesn't really take to kindle with people messing with her friends or quardrantmates and respond accordingly. Usually with curses/hexes/jinxes. It's a pretty effective strategy. While violent-tendencies do tend to grow the higher up on the blood spectrum, As a cerulean blood, Anonim isnt has violent. Maybe she may be considered violent to lower blood castes, but to her own and the ones above her, she isn't that violent. She isn't violent unless she needs to be and she usually minds her own business and leaves people alone. Not to mention, she’s also a homebody. She is perfectly content being in her hive for most of the time and doesn't really like being out and about for long periods of time. She sees her hive as her sacred area and most definitely does not appreciate others showing up unannounced. She will ignore anyone at her door until they bothered to message or call her. Anonim can get pretty talkative if anyone gets her going. She can talk for a very long time if no one bothers to interrupt her to tell her to shut up. She also has a creative mind to; she’s always finding creative solutions to things and can always find some creative way to mess with her friends and uardranmates. She is quite obviously loyal to and cares about her friends and all. But she is also very blunt and direct. She is not likely to lie in any situation, even if feelings will be spared. It's not wise to seek her opinion if you expect it to solely be positive. She is very direct with her emotions and feelings. And she is most definitely not a pushover. She will not allow anyone to walk all over her. She can and will stand up for herself and call people out. Due to her prophetic abilities, Anonim is a very knowledgeable person. She’s always spitting random trivia facts because she can. Even if she is laid back, Anonim can get energetic and playful at times. It takes quite a bit to tire her out. She is pretty optimistic to. Eve with her blunt, and direct attitude, she does try to see the good in things and situations most of the time. And, she is sneaky and secretive to. She doesn't take too kindly to folks prying and trying to get into her business.
Offline 10-17-2018, 06:47 AM
Reply: #38
Alright, thanks! I'll get back to you ASAP, that's an interesting character!!

Offline 10-19-2018, 02:17 AM
Reply: #39
Is this still open? I have a fantroll I feel could use some extra help if you don't mind.
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 10-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Reply: #40
(10-19-2018 02:17 AM)stanzi Wrote:  Is this still open? I have a fantroll I feel could use some extra help if you don't mind.

This is absolutely still open :D
Send them in, I'd love to help ^-^

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)