Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
FANTROLL REVIEW/GOD TIER DIAGNOSIS
Offline 08-03-2018, 09:24 AM
Reply: #11
RE: FANTROLL REVIEW/GOD TIER DIAGNOSIS
(08-03-2018 09:11 AM)sinical Wrote:  hello ! i was wondering if you could do an analysis on a bard of doom maybe ? also, do you review extended zodiac signs ?

I sure can try as far as signs go! Give me a few days for that bard of doom and I'll be happy to help :)

Check out my God Tier/Fantroll Help Memo HERE :D!

x1(list)
x1
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Reply: #12
Alright thanks for the kind words!
Designing a Page is surprisingly difficult - I've been reading up on different interpretations of them from all over the internet and it seems like they're all over the place. Some people think they're Passive, others (like me) think they're Active, sometimes they're a counterpoint to the Thief class or the Heir.
So it's nice to see someone else think that I'm at least going in the right direction.

If you've got any music suggestions for him to work in I'm all ears.
There is just too many different styles out there, too many rolls I can't possibly choose one. Maybe we could tie it into that "well liked but not well respected" thing you came up with?
Because that is pretty stellar.
Offline 08-08-2018, 04:40 AM
Reply: #13
(08-07-2018 10:01 AM)pickedPocket Wrote:  Alright thanks for the kind words!
Designing a Page is surprisingly difficult - I've been reading up on different interpretations of them from all over the internet and it seems like they're all over the place. Some people think they're Passive, others (like me) think they're Active, sometimes they're a counterpoint to the Thief class or the Heir.
So it's nice to see someone else think that I'm at least going in the right direction.

If you've got any music suggestions for him to work in I'm all ears.
There is just too many different styles out there, too many rolls I can't possibly choose one. Maybe we could tie it into that "well liked but not well respected" thing you came up with?
Because that is pretty stellar.

You're right about the page class!! It's a bit of a mess as far as collecting data. However, that's part of the beauty of it, I suppose. Each page has to decide their role for themselves I suppose :)

I'll let you know if there's any genre of music that might work with their classpect, but honestly I think it's up to your characters personal preferences!!

Happy creating!

Offline 08-09-2018, 03:53 AM (This reply was last modified: 08-09-2018 03:57 AM by SpacedOutSylph.)(Edited by SpacedOutSylph.)
Reply: #14
(08-03-2018 09:11 AM)sinical Wrote:  hello ! i was wondering if you could do an analysis on a bard of doom maybe ? also, do you review extended zodiac signs ?

Alright! One Bard of Doom!
Bards are the passive destruction class. They passively destroy their aspect (invite the destruction of it) or passively use their aspect for destruction. They can be real wild cards, either a sessions savior or a sessions doom.

Speaking of doom, Doom is an aspect about suffering, death, unsustainability, lack, and things that are doomed to failure, fate, if you will. In contrast to Life, which is about luxury, energy, unlimited, changeable, and growth!

For clarification, passively destroying often means that they make choices that invite destruction of/with their aspect :)

So, a bard of doom would passively destroy/destroy with suffering, death, fate, and failure.

See what I mean about them being high risk, high reward? This applies to this player especially!!

Personality and Journey:
At the beginning of their journey, the Bard would probably mirror their opposite aspect. See Gamzee. He started out optimistic and a pretty relaxed, laid back guy. He was rather complacent with his situation, rather like a Hope player. So, a Bard of Doom would start off like a Life player. They would be energetic and optimistic, but perhaps some how ignoring or suppressing their thoughts about Doom related topics. They would be very opposed to the idea of rules and fate, and could even have the mindset of being untouchable, unstoppable. However, their life could be overshadowed by their unsustainable lifestyle, fated to be doomed.

All bards tend to have a snap. A crisis. A revelation. One that totally tips their worldview, and forces them to embrace their aspect. Maybe they suffer dire consequences for their carefree and rule breaking lifestyle. Perhaps, even, someone close to them is damaged or killed because of these actions. We see this in Gamzee when he runs out of sopor slime that kept him very Hope-like.

This is where there is a fork in the road. The Bard is either consumed by their aspect, and is so into their aspect that their aspect affects everything around them destructively. This can even lead to insanity. Or, the bard can refute the revelation, and thus take actions that would destroy doom and fate. How they do this is entirely up to you! The bard often reaches this point by god tiering.

Powers for God Tier:
This classpect is...kind of scary powerful, honestly. A good Bard could make choices that would destroy the doom in a doomed session! They could be the session's savior, if they take the second path, or could overcome the obstacle the first path poses. This would be them inviting the destruction of Doom. They would be totally unpredictable! However, they could also invite destruction with doom. This would likely happen if they couldn't overcome the first path. They could totally destroy a session, with their choices allowing doom to consume the session, or even passively destroy the good parts of doom, letting anarchy and lawlessness consume any chance of success.

I hope this helped! Let me know if you need anything else!!

Now admittedly, both the bard class and the doom aspect are a little bit enigmatic to me! But, I did my very best, though it is propped up with a little research! I'll put links to what I looked at for this below. Feel free to look at them as well!

1.https://www.google.com/amp/classpect-analysis.tumblr.com/post/82340673338/bard-of-doom/amp
2.https://www.google.com/amp/dahniwitchoflight.tumblr.com/post/60038012745/amp

x1(list)
x1
Offline 08-09-2018, 05:27 AM
Reply: #15
oh so they’re like a double-edged sword in a way; you never know whether the consequences will be agreeable or not.

the bard class always fascinated me in a weird way for some reason. And paired up with the doom aspect is even more mesmerising…

anyway, thank you so very much ! keep up the good work ^^

[Image: VCp3Vx7.gif]

❝ all your flaws and i still think you are perfect ❞
Offline 08-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Reply: #16
Glad I could help!!

Offline 08-10-2018, 07:19 AM
Reply: #17
hey uh, i was wondering if you could do an analysis on a prince of life maybe ? ^^

Offline 08-11-2018, 11:20 AM
Reply: #18
(08-10-2018 07:19 AM)sinical Wrote:  hey uh, i was wondering if you could do an analysis on a prince of life maybe ? ^^

Oooo I like princes, yeah sure ^u^! Give me a few days and I'll be happy to!!

x1(list)
x1
Offline 08-18-2018, 09:03 AM (This reply was last modified: 08-18-2018 10:54 AM by SpacedOutSylph.)(Edited by SpacedOutSylph.)
Reply: #19
OKAY :D
Prince of Life :D

OKAY!! Without further ado!!
The Breakdown:
Prince: The active destroying class. Their actions will be directly destroying their aspect rather than indirectly destroying like our Bard did. They are often skilled in combat, and start off ghosting their opposite aspect. However, their life, often like the Bard, is undeniably overshadowed by their own aspect. Due to their often very stubborn, or even one-track-mind approach to life, they can suffer from relationship issues in one form or another (This is a common theme in all our canon princes, but isn't a requirement!). They often have been betrayed or undermined by their aspect in the past, and are very skeptical of it, working to undermine it as well, for whatever their motive (perhaps what they perceive to be self defense?).

Life: Life is about growth, healing, regeneration, literal life, luxuries, health, energy, and breaking/finding loopholes in rules, being unstoppable, so to speak, as opposed to Doom's guidelines of unsustainability, suffering, fate, death, decay, and so on. It often has symbols of nature and food!

Like our other member of the destruction class, these players are high risk, high reward. Their challenge is to not let their destructive tendencies to consume them, not to be destroyed themselves by their destruction.

Okay! Onto our Prince of Life!!

Personality and Journey:
The Prince would start like a Doom player. Destroying life itself, wealth, and the growth of others (physical or mental), and yet they themselves might have a lot of wealth or grow physically very fast (perhaps gaining muscle mass easily?). But on top of that, the PoL would actually naturally deny/obstruct their aspect from acting. This could be good, he could be the great equalizer in an unjust society, ESPECIALLY a revolution! They could deny luxuries to the upper class and obstruct the lawlessness that so often follows a violent upheaval of the government. However, this could be negative too. They could deny those around them energy, luxuries, or growth by imposing strict rules (something associated with Doom, if you recall!) on those around them. They would be very strict, with a "My way or no way" attitude. They would be like the inflexible professor in school, who would be very strict and unrelenting, and through this attitude, end up draining the energy of their students and even stop their growth as learners. They could even be extremely assertive or overbearing, accepting nothing but submission to those below them. It really depends on what your Prince of Life is like!

Power Set:
They could kill people, and very easily. They could be quite merciless to you if you are in the Prince's way. If you have an impulsive PoL, they could just cripple your session with this power. But they could also destroy the wealth of others, or destroy their energy, effectively putting enemies to sleep or put them in a comatose state- that energy is destroyed, and those victims probably wouldn't be waking up. Such is the way of the Prince class. The issue is here that the Prince has no way to undo the action themselves. Unless you have a Maid/Sylph of Life/Doom, you had better not upset this guy, or you could become Sleeping Beauty (but perhaps if you have a character, especially a heart player, with princess/fairy tale themes, this could be an interesting tactic to employ! Being awakened by true love's kiss and all!)

Initially they would destroy these things with their own mortal methods before God Tier, though :)

However, this Prince would be an UNSTOPPABLE combat force!! On top of their seemingly well suited combat abilities, a God Tiered PoL could annihilate the life force of all who stands in the team's way! I would imagine they would have one last ability, ideally used in a dire, inescapable situation. By selflessly destroying their own life, he could use that raw energy to destroy the lives of enemies that threaten his or her team!

I sure hope this helped!
I didn't actually look at anything for this, but if you need more I recommend Dahni as always and any other similar blogs if you have remaining questions :)

Let me know if I left something out that you wanted to see!!

x1 x1(list)
Offline 08-18-2018, 10:47 AM
Reply: #20
oh yeah i actually thought about a prince of life + maid of heart duo. i could see my oc (still a wip though) being a pol.

thank youu for another great analysis ss ! ^^

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)