Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A discussion about music and remakes/remixes
Offline 06-27-2018, 10:07 PM
Reply: #1
A discussion about music and remakes/remixes
HI,

As of late, I have started to hear remakes of songs that I enjoyed while I was growing up. So for me, that would be the 90s when I actually started to listen to music on a consistent basis.Now of course, during that time, there were plenty of remakes and remixes that I heard and enjoyed. I also didn't care all that much about the original music that gave birth to the remake.As I get older and hear music that I grew up with and enjoyed that has been remade, I get annoyed by it. They usually end up butchering that song and turn it into an abomination of music. Although it annoys me, it sounds good to the people of this musical generation.I find myself wondering if this is what people of other generations thought about music that followed their music.What do you think? Has anyone else thought something along these lines?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic....23&t=96197
Online Video Service

Thanks!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-28-2018, 04:19 AM
Reply: #2
RE: A discussion about music and remakes/remixes
It's not entirely odd to hate new music if you're from a different generation. People get used to what they like and have, so when a new ball rolls into town, it can be a big of a culture shock.

[Image: zmVCw0o.png]
roses are red landdwellers are gross why did you leave me fef what did i do?
[Image: WsfijIm.png]
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-29-2018, 05:04 AM
Reply: #3
Stop caring so much and enjoy what you like. Seriously, don't stress over such... pointless things.

Besides, why would you care what other people listen to?

Also called Doodlana.

[Image: j39rr4q]
Fact: Space does not exist.
Offline 06-29-2018, 05:54 AM
Reply: #4
(06-29-2018 05:04 AM)Gamizle Makarizzle Wrote:  Stop caring so much and enjoy what you like. Seriously, don't stress over such... pointless things.

I think younger people have a desire to fit in more than say, a woman in her mid-30s. It's a bit weird since I know plenty of people who will put off parts of their personality to fit in - but it is not uncommon.

Offline 06-29-2018, 06:42 AM
Reply: #5
(06-29-2018 05:54 AM)lonelyTroubadour Wrote:  
(06-29-2018 05:04 AM)Gamizle Makarizzle Wrote:  Stop caring so much and enjoy what you like. Seriously, don't stress over such... pointless things.

I think younger people have a desire to fit in more than say, a woman in her mid-30s. It's a bit weird since I know plenty of people who will put off parts of their personality to fit in - but it is not uncommon.

Just thinking about that mentality makes me stressed out. :'D I mean, yeah, I knew/know some people like that, but still... it's just my opinion yfm?

Also called Doodlana.

Offline 06-29-2018, 09:54 AM
Reply: #6
Quote:Just thinking about that mentality makes me stressed out. :'D I mean, yeah, I knew/know some people like that, but still... it's just my opinion yfm?

Yeah, me too. It gives me a feeling of dread because I wonder if maybe I'm like that or something. I don't think I am, but then again, does anyone think of themselves as a poser?

I getcha, I agree with your opinion by the way.

Offline 06-29-2018, 10:31 PM
Reply: #7
(06-29-2018 09:54 AM)lonelyTroubadour Wrote:  
Quote:Just thinking about that mentality makes me stressed out. :'D I mean, yeah, I knew/know some people like that, but still... it's just my opinion yfm?

Yeah, me too. It gives me a feeling of dread because I wonder if maybe I'm like that or something. I don't think I am, but then again, does anyone think of themselves as a poser?

I getcha, I agree with your opinion by the way.

Again, don't stress yourself! If you're gonna slightly adjust how you act around some people, that's your thing. If others don't like it, that's their problem, not yours. You can't force people to like you. I hope I don't seem preachy, hah. :')

Also called Doodlana.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)