Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Name Change
Offline 01-24-2018, 01:42 AM
Reply: #1
Name Change
Hey! May I please have the name change to "lesath"? thank you!

[Image: 22bd7dd9d3dfba56fac908d030d58ac9.png]
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-24-2018, 06:17 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Name Change
Unfortunately, you're kind of out of luck. Mods were the only ones who could change names, but now we... sort of don't have any? So you won't have much luck in that field, i don't think.

Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-24-2018, 10:34 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-24-2018 10:35 AM by Dilmec.)(Edited by Dilmec.)
Reply: #3
(01-24-2018 06:17 AM)Alienoid Wrote:  Unfortunately, you're kind of out of luck. Mods were the only ones who could change names, but now we... sort of don't have any? So you won't have much luck in that field, i don't think.

oh, really? i kinda assumed a few people took up the role. this place really keeps itself organized for a site with no mods

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Offline 01-25-2018, 02:25 AM
Reply: #4
(01-24-2018 10:34 AM)Dilmec Wrote:  
(01-24-2018 06:17 AM)Alienoid Wrote:  Unfortunately, you're kind of out of luck. Mods were the only ones who could change names, but now we... sort of don't have any? So you won't have much luck in that field, i don't think.

oh, really? i kinda assumed a few people took up the role. this place really keeps itself organized for a site with no mods

That's fucking crazy

[Image: 22bd7dd9d3dfba56fac908d030d58ac9.png]
Offline 01-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Reply: #5
If you'll check the Board Team page, and investigate everybody's profile pages, you'll be able to see that absolutely none of them have been active since about three quarters through 2017. If I recall correctly, this was around the time the drama that took place occurred, though honestly it's a bit fuzzy to me and I'm too lazy to fact check that right now.

Long story short, there is... Literally no moderation on this website anymore, and I believe that now it's not possible for anybody to step up to the plate. The people with the power don't come anymore, so we can't put new people in charge, I don't think?

I hope I'm wrong. I honestly do.

Offline 01-25-2018, 09:06 PM
Reply: #6
(01-25-2018 05:50 PM)Alienoid Wrote:  If you'll check the Board Team page, and investigate everybody's profile pages, you'll be able to see that absolutely none of them have been active since about three quarters through 2017. If I recall correctly, this was around the time the drama that took place occurred, though honestly it's a bit fuzzy to me and I'm too lazy to fact check that right now.

Long story short, there is... Literally no moderation on this website anymore, and I believe that now it's not possible for anybody to step up to the plate. The people with the power don't come anymore, so we can't put new people in charge, I don't think?

I hope I'm wrong. I honestly do.

I think it keeps itself in check through people who have been on here for a long time, so they know what goes and what doesn't go, which imo is pretty nice. A lot of people are really helpful and point to a solution for the small problems some users have and I think that's really great, honestly.

Hope we get mods sometime though. Even if it's a lost cause at this point.

Also called Doodlana.

[Image: j39rr4q]
Fact: Space does not exist.
Offline 01-26-2018, 01:25 AM
Reply: #7
Has anyone tried emailing them? A few of them have emails linked to their accounts. Not sure if it would help for us to just spam them saying "bring back parp"... but maybe it would do something, I dunno.

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Offline 01-26-2018, 06:09 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-26-2018 06:10 AM by Alienoid.)(Edited by Alienoid.)
Reply: #8
(01-26-2018 01:25 AM)Dilmec Wrote:  Has anyone tried emailing them? A few of them have emails linked to their accounts. Not sure if it would help for us to just spam them saying "bring back parp"... but maybe it would do something, I dunno.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that'll accomplish jack shit considering why they left. Please don't harass the former mods. They left for a reason and they have no intention of returning.

For your information, the original owner of MSPARP did attempt to email them, and allegedly the user behind the website's design insisted that the forums be deleted. So, yeah, no.

This is off topic, though.

Offline 01-26-2018, 05:15 PM (This reply was last modified: 01-26-2018 05:16 PM by LostRefrain.)(Edited by LostRefrain.)
Reply: #9
I don't believe any of the former mods are active - and I agree that it'd be inadvisable to try and contact them like that when they're not active here!

Normal name-change protocol is to PM them about the request, but unfortunately I believe the mod who used to handle the majority of that has since left.

Unfortunately you may stuck with what you've got username-wise for some time.

[Image: PRo9SZp.png]
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 01-26-2018, 07:05 PM
Reply: #10
Alternatively, though, you could simply set up an alternate account? One with a new username.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)