Freshness Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.2 Average
Home of the Demigods, ημίθεος.
Group TagsOC P
Offline 01-14-2018, 08:59 AM (This reply was last modified: 07-06-2018 08:12 AM by ostentiferousUltracrepidarian.)(Edited by ostentiferousUltracrepidarian.)
Reply: #1
Home of the Demigods, ημίθεος.
rebooted as of july 2018.
hello!

i haven't made a group chat or been in one for maybe... two or three years, so, i figured i'd have another go at it.

STORY

RULES

the god choices aren't just from the greek pantheon, and you can choose any god from any region as long as it's polytheistic. mythical creatures are accepted as well.

preferably keep it to two children per god, and if someone already chose that god in the chat, talk it over with them! (if you had been in the chat before the reboot and would prefer to keep your character, please let me know!

GODS

APPLICATION

and welcome to the home of the demigods, imítheos.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-15-2018, 01:06 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Home of the Demigods, ημίθεος.
buuuuuuuuump?
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-15-2018, 01:43 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-15-2018 01:46 AM by chiachia.)(Edited by chiachia.)
Reply: #3
Name: Morgan Maine
Appearance: He stands at around 6’1. He had messy brown hair that comes to his shoulders and brown eyes
Personality: Quick to anger with a tendency to hold grudges, he’s highly competitive about most things from actual fights to something like snakes and ladders and has been known to cheat sometimes. If he promises something he’ll make sure to deliver on it, but he rarely helps anyone out of the goodness of his heart and so will always want something in return. He likes animals better than people.
Mythological Parent: Artio
Weaponry?: bow
Magic?: He can communicate with animals
Any affinities (love, death, life, etc?): nature
Why are they at the home for the children of demigods?
His father didn’t want him around and so sent him away to a boarding school first opportunity he got, Morgan hated it and caused problems causing him to get kicked out and then being sent to a stricter one, this continued until Morgan got sick of it and ran away from the school with the intent to live in a cave somewhere like a bear would. This did not end well and he caused a lot of problems until he was eventually discovered and brought to the home.
OOC INFO:
Name: Loop
Pronouns: they/them
Contact Info:pm me (also optional. discord, skype, etc.)
Any comments or questions: optional
Offline 01-15-2018, 02:58 AM
Reply: #4
Morgan Maine is accepted. Thank you!
Offline 01-15-2018, 04:49 AM
Reply: #5

----

[Image: source.gif]
Offline 01-15-2018, 05:44 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-15-2018 05:44 AM by Sugar-antithetical.)(Edited by Sugar-antithetical.)
Reply: #6
Name: Kanan Bajpai

Appearance: My Boi

Personality: Kanan is a kind and gentle soul if a bit of a trouble maker. He’s an intelligent and driven lad, always trying to be productive or adhere to a number of obligations he's put himself under. He’s a hard worker, something he believes he has inherited from his mother, and has learned to channel much of his anger and passion properly, something that was taught by his stepfather. Knowing his godly parentage has never made him devalue his stepfather but has left an odd nebulous feeling towards Agni, his Divine sire. Along with his murky feelings exist a cultural divide, far more in touch with the sensibilities of latin immigrants (his parents) than he is with introspective and heavily spiritual notions of the Indian Hindu pantheon. Despite this divide he has developed a fondness for Hindu notions of spirituality and yogic exercises, not rejecting his newfound interests on the grounds of mere race or culture despite how heady and difficult it might be for him to comprehend at times.

Mythological Parent: Agni

Weaponry?: None as of yet

Magic?: Kanan can create and manipulate light, fire, and electricity lacking strength but having greater versatility.

using prana, a cosmological vital force (think of chi for a comparison), Kanan bolster his own physiological state (think of a monk from D&D and what they are capable of). currently he has higher physical attributes than the average human. he can also use prana to power his various abilities.

Kanan can use mantras to enact magical ends (think of them much like spells.) mantras require at the very least incantation but some require yogic poses, kata, or specific hand positions in order to enact the desired effect. He knows simples mantras for concentration, removing soreness, and other health and quality of life related mantras.

Any affinities (love, death, life, etc?): Fire, Prana, Light, Lightning, Correspondence, Sun

Why are they at the home for the children of demigods?: One day your hair is made out of lightning and your skin is red then you think about your biological dad your mother never really talks about because your current dad is really great but now you have several questions and then a week later you get a later letter from a residence who hosts demigods and everything starts making a scary amount of sense to you.

OOC INFO:
Name: NATE

Pronouns: he/him

Contact Info: Ask

Any comments or questions: optional

Booof
Offline 01-15-2018, 07:41 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-15-2018 07:42 AM by untimelyAugur.)(Edited by untimelyAugur.)
Reply: #7
Name:
Wilhelmina "Mina" Sangmeister

Appearance:
Mina

Personality:

Mythological Parent:
Týr

Weaponry?:
Yes

Magic?:

Any affinities:
War, Law, and Justice.

Why are they at the home for the children of demigods?:

--- --- --- --- ---

OOC INFO:
Name: Alex/Lexy

Pronouns: He/Him

Contact Info: Ask

“In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.”

― Francis Bacon

[Image: TEIlr5K.jpg?1]
Offline 01-15-2018, 09:10 AM
Reply: #8
Wilhelmina Sangmeister, Alfred Vargas & Lilliam Lamber, and Kanan Bajpai are all accepted! Thank you.
Offline 01-15-2018, 10:13 AM
Reply: #9
Name: Kakīkī mina-Kakīkī

Appearance: I gotta redraw him because I lost the old art.

Personality: He is quiet, English not being his first language. When he's expressive he's usually happy and content with living wherever he may be by his Father's choice. When he is upset he is usually sad and teary eyed, not expressing any forms of anger unless someone really got on his nerves. His emotions correlate with his powers, which bring chills in a near constant wherever he goes no matter how he feels. Often times, though, he will simply be content with living, apathetic to his surroundings and curious of other people.

Mythological Parent: Cold Maker. A depicted god of Winter in Native American cultures.

Weaponry?: None

Magic?: Bare minimum of spiritual rituals he remembers from home.

Any affinities: None?

Why are they at the home for the children of demigods?: His father had him sent to this home in fear for their very own, as people cleared and thinned out their home's forest and fires bursting up in the summer. Kakiki was not seen as 'right', and he nearly burnt in the fires caused by careless humans' work. His Father heard of this place afterwards. They figured it would be safer for him to come here. When he did, he got his hair cut, as well as thin clothes that could keep him cooled down and relaxed in the environment.

OOC INFO:
Name: Hare

Pronouns: They/Them

Contact Info: Ask for Discord or PMs.

Any comments or questions: Haven't popped into a demigod chat in a while so I hope I can pop in. Also my knowledge on a few things is a little low so I apologize in advance.

[Image: tumblr_m7k4o63N3Y1qjh13jo1_500.gif]
My ships will live in my heartHeart / Diamond
Offline 06-30-2018, 01:03 PM
Reply: #10
I’m!! super unsure if this chat is still active but I’m still gonna apply!

[Image: tumblr_nia5z4eVTK1u6zjlvo1_500.jpg]
fight me m8

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)