Post Reply 
 
Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
monitor01.
Offline 12-16-2017, 08:00 AM
Reply: #1
monitor01.
You wake up. For the millionth time, your eyes open, and the dream you were pleasantly enjoying fades away at a moment's notice. You almost wish you didn't have to face the resident world; Another day, after all, means that you have to deal with the ordinary tasks. Monitoring has become boring as of late, seeing as how nothing major happens anymore... but you suppose it doesn't hurt to check.It is your job, you know.

Sometimes, you really do hate what you've been conditioned to do.

Your room, at the absolute least,supplies you with a steady sense of familiarity. The walls are the same eggshell tint that they've always been since they were repainted, the shelves are empty, and the trio of monitors perched on your wall are - as always - filled with static. You guess that your daily task awaits, but really... you don't want to have to do it again.

What do ̡̙̱ͅy̛͇̹̻͓̪̣̺o̫͙̯͠u̸̩̬̠͍̘̠ ̤̗d̋̑͐̅̿ͯ̏͟͏͍̖̠͓̼̖̩̬͘ͅó̴̡̭̱̹̯͎̤͖̋̀

You remember. You don't really have a choice in the matter.

Slowly, you wrestle the cardboard sheets off of yourself, and stumble to bed. Dried fragments chip once you sit yourself in front of it, pulling your chair up and situating yourself to gaze at the static.

It flickers once.

Before you on your makeshift desk, you have a set of buttons. A gold, silver, and bronze array of them, to be precise. You know you can only pick one... This is where you have a choice.

What do you do?

>Press the gold button.
>Press the silver button.
>Press the bronze button.
>Enter Custom Command.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-16-2017, 08:29 AM
Reply: #2
RE: monitor01.
>Press the silver button.

[Image: VCp3Vx7.gif]

❝ all your flaws and i still think you are perfect ❞
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Reply: #3
RE: monitor01.
>Press the silver button.

You reluctantly press the silver button as directed. The third monitor buzzes to life, the static replaced by the image of an individual pacing across the west sanctuary wing. You can make out the distinct marking on their right palm, however the fine print of the brand is notoriously fuzzy. You can't be too disappointed about that; You've never gotten the best monitors.

The individual turns, peering towards the camera with empty eyes. They are tall - perhaps more so than you - and look to be only a little older, judging by the more defined facial features that come with adolescence. You wonder how they see, how they navigate, knowing that their senses are all but void of reality. To spend every day in abstract nothingness must be painful, or boring, or any number of things.

Regardless, they have never created trouble. Although they are rebellious, they are all bark, no bite, as your superior would say. They obey, albeit begrudgingly, when given a task to complete, and they rarely act out onto their handlers.

Still, they manage to flip an indistinct gesture towards the camera as proof of their limited intolerance.

You hate them, but you can - to some degree - respect them. You peer towards the center of your desk, which has now folded back to allow a single cream colored file to surface. On the front, there is a single letter: B. You don't want to know what it stands for.

Per usual, you suppose you should check the file. But, then again, the options for others are still feasible.

What do you do?

>Read file B.
>Press gold button.
>Press bronze button.
>Enter Custom Command.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Reply: #4
RE: monitor01.
>Read file B.

Dammit, I told all of you to stop using my account. We can't be friggin twelve and something people on a single thingy. Go make your own. o/) -GB
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-18-2017, 05:37 AM
Reply: #5
RE: monitor01.
>Read file B.

You open file B. Time to go over the daily information. You wonder why you have to do this so many times, but you quickly push that thought aside. You may not have signed up for this, but you now don't have a choice if you do it or not. You forfeited your right to make a decision when you walked through those doors.


Looks like everything's going normal. The only thing you have to take blame for is the bird gesture; You could have sworn that Argentum was looking away when the last feeder flipped it. You take a moment of silence for the fallen feeder.

With no one left to do the dirty work, you have to. Or, then again, you could do a quick check on the other two... 73 has never been too bad about holding files back when it comes to you.

What do you do?

>Go feed Argentum.
>Request Other Files [Approach 73]
>Enter Custom Command.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-18-2017, 06:39 AM
Reply: #6
RE: monitor01.
>request other files just to stall having to do work for as long as possible.

((thing is I was about to suggest reading all the other files first but then I read that the other files weren't in sight so yeah. Thanks?))

Dammit, I told all of you to stop using my account. We can't be friggin twelve and something people on a single thingy. Go make your own. o/) -GB
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Reply: #7
RE: monitor01.
>request other files just to stall having to do work for as long as possible.

You suppose that messaging 73 won't hurt too bad. You haven't talked to them a surplus of times, but you've gotten a good enough understanding for how they work: If things go south, you threaten them with administration finding out, and they break like a frozen twig. Maybe that's cruel to do. Ah, then again, for all you know? 73 might have done worse things than merely threaten people before.

With that in mind, you quickly put the file aside and draw up the keyboard to your monitors. You're lucky that things are simple; Finding another keyboard in this place would be like finding a needle in a haystack.




You really don't want to go to 73's room. Sure, you've never been there, but why should you want to go there, if not for information?

What do you do?

>Exit [Go to 73's Room]
>Examine Argentum's Camera
>Examine the other monitors
>Message Administrator
>Enter Custom Command
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-20-2017, 06:42 AM
Reply: #8
RE: monitor01.
>Message Administrator

[Image: VCp3Vx7.gif]

❝ all your flaws and i still think you are perfect ❞
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-20-2017, 09:48 AM
Reply: #9
RE: monitor01.
>Message Administrator

You bite back the taste of bile rising in the back of your throat, and follow the order you were given.


You worry for the Administrator sometimes. Not often, but you still do. Regardless, you have the information you need. With that in mind, you begrudgingly message 73 again.


As you close the messenger, two files fade onto your desk. Similar to the B file, they are marked with A and C, respectively.

What do you do?

>Examine file A.
>Examine file B.
>Examine monitors.
>Exit [Go to Argentum's Room]
>Enter Custom Command.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Reply: #10
RE: monitor01.
>Examine file B.

[Image: VCp3Vx7.gif]

❝ all your flaws and i still think you are perfect ❞
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Board jump:


User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)