Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Extended Zodiac/God Tier Analysis
Offline 01-07-2020, 05:52 AM
Reply: #71
RE: Extended Zodiac/God Tier Analysis
this post is almost a sweep old, so I doubt I'll receive an answer, but I'd like to know about Scorpia (Derse + Light + Blueblood), and maybe how a Thief of Light would act if their lunar sway is Derse.

~ The Silencer.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-07-2020, 01:48 PM
Reply: #72
Yeah, I'd like you to elaborate on the sign Camino, Please?

(Camino = Limeblood + Prospit + Doom)

[Image: giphy.gif]

ALSO SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE
ALSO IM GAY
Offline 01-08-2020, 05:47 AM
Reply: #73
(01-07-2020 05:52 AM)Shizre Greeko Wrote:  this post is almost a sweep old, so I doubt I'll receive an answer, but I'd like to know about Scorpia (Derse + Light + Blueblood), and maybe how a Thief of Light would act if their lunar sway is Derse.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! THE POWER OF EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS! I might actually finish up some of the older requests I got a few months back.

So, let's talk about the Prospitian Thief of Light, and how that translates into canon, first off.

Vriska represents Light in the themes of riches, luck, attention, glory, and of course information and understanding of the world. Her desire to follow in the footsteps of her ancestry and become an adventurer is a big example of this to me. In the most literal sense, she is a pirate, and as such she steals vast riches, and upon god tiering, takes the luck of her opponents.

Now, I'm not a massive Vriska fan, so I will say I'm not gonna be able to set up a massive character analysis. But what makes Vriska Prospitian, exactly? From what is shown in canon, she isn't the type to be a cynic and get pent up on the same stuff that a Dersite would. She doesn't care for second-guessing, she's more adaptive than she is rebellious against things that are clearly above her (though she does rebel against people and things that obviously don't have power against her, like probably Karkat when he tries to be a leader), and while she is cunning she's also very much an on-the-spot thinker.

Now... The Dersite Thief of Light might be more calculated. The information that they seek, the luck they pursue, the fortune and glory they desire is not just for the sake of their own personal, random, and selfish goals towards some greater plan; it's probably more calculated.
Essentially, if we want to derive from canon, you could break Vriska down to the barebones of her motivations, and if you add more structure to them, we can see what this sign might look like.

I'm gonna try and go a little further into the actual independent sign, though; No sign is necessarily just an altered page off the canon material, so let's be a bit more focused on the independent interpretation.

FIRST OFF:
Blue Signs are listed as the type of people to be really powerful due to their adaptive and purposeful movement through the world. I like to think of them as the ones with the most purposeful decisions. And this can cause massive amounts of harm, or do massive amounts of good. It all depends on their direction. This, combined with Derse's "cerebral" nature can make for a surprisingly calculated individual; Dersite Blue signs will put a lot of work, effort, and thought into what they do, and it will almost always garner some drastic results for them and the people around them. Outwardly and even inwardly rebellious, a Blue Dersite will probably have a few causes, motives, and goals that they will work hard to move towards by any means necessary.

But how does this translate into the Thief of Light?
Well, Thieves are pretty easily the most selfish class. That's neither here nor there; it can partially mean that they're very prone to taking what they need when they need it. They seize what's theirs and then some. The goal of the Thief should definitely be to learn how to cherrypick. To take in moderation, and with purpose. And this of course doesn't mean with objects, either. Thieves, of course, deal with their Aspect.

When a Thief takes light, they're taking all the things I mentioned before in the Vriska part of this sphiel. Luck, knowledge, yadda yadda. I think it all comes down to glory as a whole. That usually manifests itself in the form of stepping on others to reach glory, or straight up taking the spotlight and all the good things that come with it. For a Blueblood Dersite Thief of Light, I think that they would have this natural desire to go up against the world. They would want, or even need, to take from whatever symbols of Hope they could find. What does this all mean, though? How can this be brought back down to Earth?

I think the easiest way I could picture the Emperor/Scorpia in a real-world setting is, perhaps, a low-level entrepreneur who slowly rises in the ranks of a corporation. Using their effective and clever minds, and their assertive attitude, they make their way up in the company, gradually getting more and more power, and eventually, they're at the top. They do this because they have ideas for their corporation, and they have motives that only they know how to reach. They're smart enough to reach this if they're a solid enough Thief of Light, but the question is, can they handle it? After gaining their assets, will they use this for good? For evil? Will they succeed, or will it all crash down on them? Hell, are they even good enough at what they do to reach that?

Basically...
A Scorpio might be a pirate, exploring the world freely. They aim to explore, take what's theirs, and earn it.
But a Dersite Thief of Light would be more structured. More systematic... And more careful about how they seize the day and the world. For them, it's not as easy as just taking off and making do. For the Scorpia, they seize the world with class.

This was a long one, and it's been a while since I've done these here, so if you need any clarification or any other context for this analysis, I'd be happy to answer questions.
Offline 01-11-2020, 08:30 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-11-2020 08:31 AM by Dilmec.)(Edited by Dilmec.)
Reply: #74
(01-07-2020 01:48 PM)AstrologicalTerrorist Wrote:  Yeah, I'd like you to elaborate on the sign Camino, Please?

OKAY. SO. LET'S LOOK AT WHAT WORKS.
Limebloods are inherently very emotional beings. They're passionate and caring towards their worlds. The Limeblood/Prospit combo is one that makes me think of a very freely emotional individual, one who is grounded in the confines of their passions and takes them far just by living their best lives. Although, they can be very emotional and volatile towards things that are in the way, much like Karkat was.

But wait. Doom is an extremely pessimistic class, isn't it?

I'd like to think that the way Doom translates into Lime + Prospit, and how Caminos live, would kind of be like this weird mixture of suffering and success or optimism. Maybe they go through a lot, and they're always having mood swings or suffering from their desire to reach their passions, but they still keep pushing.
Of course, this will look vastly different with classes. A Mage would get their ass kicked by life itself, and by the sheer suffering that comes with being a Doom player, but they themselves might be a never-ending go-getter who can withstand that. Or maybe an Heir of Doom would naturally unite with suffering and be the sort to accept struggles and fate, wrestle with it all emotionally, and respond to the consequences with stride once they're ready. But basically, they're probably the most suited to face Doom head on and learn to accept it after a bit of emotional tugging.

Let's talk about the title for the Sign: The Consoler. What about the Camino would make them any sort of supportive figure? Well, let's think: Emotionally honest and outspoken, optimistic, yet stuck in a pendulum of suffering? As Doom is about fate, then perhaps the Consoler is the member of the group who has a somewhat intimate connection with fate. Someone who knows personally what it means to be put through the ring. In the description of Doom, it states:
"The Doom-bound won't fix you; they aren't healers. They are commiserators, aware that sometimes the only thing you can do for a person is let them know that they are not alone in their suffering."

This makes me believe that the Consoler is someone who is very clear and open about what they're going through. What they've resigned to for the sake of a team, or a cause, or a passion. If they're not healthy, perhaps having a rough day, their "mean streak" (referenced in the Limeblood description) will cause them to dismiss others. "You don't know what it's like," they may say. But as Prospitians, they are adaptive. They are optimistic. As Limes, they are kind. They are emotionally aware. And as Doom-bound players, they are strugglers. When you put these all together, you get a fighter, someone who's always cooperating with their misery and making sure they come out of it all on top, one way or another. And if you ever need to vent to someone, the Consoler will understand. Just make sure to catch them on one of their better days.

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Offline 01-11-2020, 10:35 AM
Reply: #75
(01-11-2020 08:30 AM)Dilmec Wrote:  
(01-07-2020 01:48 PM)AstrologicalTerrorist Wrote:  Yeah, I'd like you to elaborate on the sign Camino, Please?

OKAY. SO. LET'S LOOK AT WHAT WORKS.
Limebloods are inherently very emotional beings. They're passionate and caring towards their worlds. The Limeblood/Prospit combo is one that makes me think of a very freely emotional individual, one who is grounded in the confines of their passions and takes them far just by living their best lives. Although, they can be very emotional and volatile towards things that are in the way, much like Karkat was.

But wait. Doom is an extremely pessimistic class, isn't it?

I'd like to think that the way Doom translates into Lime + Prospit, and how Caminos live, would kind of be like this weird mixture of suffering and success or optimism. Maybe they go through a lot, and they're always having mood swings or suffering from their desire to reach their passions, but they still keep pushing.
Of course, this will look vastly different with classes. A Mage would get their ass kicked by life itself, and by the sheer suffering that comes with being a Doom player, but they themselves might be a never-ending go-getter who can withstand that. Or maybe an Heir of Doom would naturally unite with suffering and be the sort to accept struggles and fate, wrestle with it all emotionally, and respond to the consequences with stride once they're ready. But basically, they're probably the most suited to face Doom head on and learn to accept it after a bit of emotional tugging.

Let's talk about the title for the Sign: The Consoler. What about the Camino would make them any sort of supportive figure? Well, let's think: Emotionally honest and outspoken, optimistic, yet stuck in a pendulum of suffering? As Doom is about fate, then perhaps the Consoler is the member of the group who has a somewhat intimate connection with fate. Someone who knows personally what it means to be put through the ring. In the description of Doom, it states:
"The Doom-bound won't fix you; they aren't healers. They are commiserators, aware that sometimes the only thing you can do for a person is let them know that they are not alone in their suffering."

This makes me believe that the Consoler is someone who is very clear and open about what they're going through. What they've resigned to for the sake of a team, or a cause, or a passion. If they're not healthy, perhaps having a rough day, their "mean streak" (referenced in the Limeblood description) will cause them to dismiss others. "You don't know what it's like," they may say. But as Prospitians, they are adaptive. They are optimistic. As Limes, they are kind. They are emotionally aware. And as Doom-bound players, they are strugglers. When you put these all together, you get a fighter, someone who's always cooperating with their misery and making sure they come out of it all on top, one way or another. And if you ever need to vent to someone, the Consoler will understand. Just make sure to catch them on one of their better days.

So... An emotional being stuck in a pendulum of fate? That's about right.

[Image: giphy.gif]

ALSO SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE
ALSO IM GAY

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)