Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Extended Zodiac/God Tier Analysis
Online 06-10-2018, 06:28 PM
Reply: #41
RE: Extended Zodiac/God Tier Analysis
hey, i have some requests
ok, the first is the analysis of mage of blood
and the other is about mage of doom and heir of doom skills, could you help me ?
i mean, i understand them, but i have problems with their possible skills, you know, for level system and dice ssystem roleplay, skills are unlocked every 5 level until 50 (wchich is full godtier level).
could you help me with that maybe ??
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-14-2018, 01:50 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-14-2018 01:52 AM by Brexis.)(Edited by Brexis.)
Reply: #42
Hey! I know you havent been on here for a while, but if you come back, can you do Leo (derse/heart)? I know it's a canon symbol, but it would really help me out if you could do that!
Also, can you do an analysis on a Thief of Heart?
Thanks!

-Brexis
Offline 06-17-2018, 12:35 PM
Reply: #43
(12-14-2017 10:28 AM)Dilmec Wrote:  So, since the Extended Zodiac, I've been sorta reevaluating some of the canon god tiers, now that the true definitions of the aspects are different than what some people may expect. Along with characteristics of blood colors and dream moons. Since there's now a more set-in-stone system going on, I thought: Why not do some zodiac and/or god tier analysis? Send me some signs or classpects and I'll try to analyze them!

this is how you start one of these, right

cool! could you maybe do gemrist? if you can't, that's okay. thanks!

hey! I rp as roxy, and sometimes other characters if i feel like it!
Offline 06-17-2018, 01:02 PM
Reply: #44
uhhh, I kinda need help deciphering a few.

Knight of Space
Mage of Mind
Heir of Time
Maid of Doom
Bard of Breath and
Rogue of Rage

there have been thousands to walk upon our planet.
We haven't been awake to see them.

people I can maybe/definitely/probs do: john, dave, karkat, Eridan
Offline 06-17-2018, 06:54 PM (This reply was last modified: 06-17-2018 07:39 PM by Dilmec.)(Edited by Dilmec.)
Reply: #45
Oh, hell, business is booming today. And like, it was last week too? Whoops, hadn't checked, sorry!
But anyway, let's check these out. I'm going in order from first peep to last, but I'll try to get to all of them.

(06-10-2018 06:28 PM)Earl Wrote:  hey, i have some requests
ok, the first is the analysis of mage of blood
and the other is about mage of doom and heir of doom skills, could you help me ?
i mean, i understand them, but i have problems with their possible skills, you know, for level system and dice ssystem roleplay, skills are unlocked every 5 level until 50 (wchich is full godtier level).
could you help me with that maybe ??
Alright, so:
The Mage of Blood is the classpect of actively understanding/experiencing Blood, and thus experiencing bonds, sacrifice, and responsibility, in a sense. According to the Extended Zodiac:
"Those bound to the aspect of Blood draw their strength from bonds, from the trust and camaraderie that blooms among a group of people who all share a single vision. Blood-bound are absolutely leaders, but they inhabit more of an inspirational role than a commanding one. They are prophets, rather than generals, giving others the strength and motivation to keep fighting. The Blood-bound can dispense excellent advice even when their own lives and interpersonal relationships are disasters. They can be very "do as I say, not as I do" types. A Blood-bound can often be found on a sinking ship, forcing an endeavor forward with sheer stubborn force of will. No matter how bad things go, a Blood-bound can always count on friends and allies. At their best, they are charismatic, uplifting, and magnetic. At their worst they can be sullen, unkind, and set-in-their-ways."
My own interpretation of the Mage class is the aspect of experience, through good and bad, for better or for worse. A Mage is someone who will need to learn how to understand the world through their aspect, and understand how their aspect functions themselves, but they can't just learn by studying; they must learn to use it as a tool to learn about the world.
A Mage of Blood is likely someone who is especially reliant on their responsibilities, obligations, and their allies and friends. As an active role and a Blood player, they'd probably need to learn to take initiative when in teams or social situations. They're likely the type to go through a lot of drama and have a lot of issues with their social experiences; not to say that they're antisocial, but they're likely still trying to figure out how people function, and how to interact with others at times.
Something that especially contributes to this challenge is my belief that Mages tend to have trouble seeing things in a different way. Take Sollux for example, who regularly remained pessimistic and critical throughout the trolls' session, seeming to side with the Doom aspect all the time. So, I believe that the Mage of Blood, while very good at considering people, would have trouble with their own independency and possibly others as well, often holding their peers to their responsibilities and expectations.
However, as time goes on, they'll become more experienced and much better at making group decisions, and decisions for themselves as to how they deal with others.

As for the skills and abilities...
Really, this one depends on how you're playing the game. I can't really know how powerful the characters can really be, and it would be hard for me to pinpoint character abilities based solely off of classpect, because I'm of the belief that every person experiences classpect a bit differently. Since we didn't get to see much blood related powers being used, there's little to go off of and really depends on your own creativity.
If anything, I can safely say that an Heir of Doom at high levels would probably be able to literally sentence an enemy to their fate, if they rolled well in a dice-based RP. Perhaps they'd also be able to sense death or pain at a low/mid level.
And a Mage of Doom would definitely be able to have some almost time-prediction type shit going on. Not exactly predicting events that will happen, but seeing fate; for example if their friend got a bad injury in a session, they could be able to see if they could make it out alive.
Really, I can't give too much more specific stuff, because there's a lot more to consider with questions like that. But I hope that helped!

(06-14-2018 01:50 AM)Brexis Wrote:  Hey! I know you havent been on here for a while, but if you come back, can you do Leo (derse/heart)? I know it's a canon symbol, but it would really help me out if you could do that!
Also, can you do an analysis on a Thief of Heart?
Thanks!

-Brexis

Next up, Leo. Awesome, the Nepeta symbol, lol. What's interesting about the canon aspects, and the now official descriptions of aspects and dream moons, is that it sorta confirms how crazy someone could get with moons and aspects and all that.
I know that doesn't make sense, but look at Nepeta; at first glance, reading the Derse vs. Prospit information would give you the idea that she'd be more of a Prospit dreamer, right? Well, not exactly... I'll be using her as a good example for most of this analysis.

So, let's start with the Leo signs. Olive bloods are considered to be some of the most enthusiastic people out there. Generous, fortunate, and loyal, you can expect them to be very kind-hearted people. This goes pretty interestingly with the Heart aspect, which is considered to be the more self-centered aspect, knowledgeable of themselves above all else. This combination leads me to believe that the True Leo is an idealistic person, knowledgeable in what they truly believe in, and often strive to help others reach that.
This also goes well with Derse; one can infer that Derse dreamers are a lot less open about who they are, and are significantly less adaptable and need to change things to be comfortable. It's possible that the True Leo simply isn't happy until they know others are living similarly to them, hence why Nepeta was so kind-hearted and eager to help her friends, especially Equius.
Basically, what I'm trying to get at is that the True Leo is probably very persistent when it comes to helping their friends. Often times, their own beliefs dictate how they help others, and likely want to bring other people to their own idea of what emotional and mental stability should be.

It's important to keep Nepeta's classpect in mind too, however; as a Rogue, it was her duty to help others with their Heart and redistribute it as necessary, rather than taking it for herself. A Thief of Heart would have a somewhat different approach to it.
I'm gonna assume these two requests are in the same context, and if they aren't, please do let me know. But the Thief of Heart is likely a much more self-centered person than the average Heart player. They're likely very clever when it comes to emotion and identity, able to pick up on how people act very well. I imagine that they're very good at "stealing" personas to reveal how people think and act, in a sense. As Heart players are good at taking off and putting on masks for certain situations, perhaps the Thief of Heart manages to use this skill to get at the true emotions of their peers.
In combination with the True Leo attributes, you can expect them to be quite concerned with how their friends feel, never letting up until they're aware of who their peers are in terms of identity. Once they're able to pick up on that, they probably start to form bonds, literally stealing the hearts of their friends (haha) and being a very good person to be vulnerable around. Their challenge might be to worry more about their own emotions and selves, rather than searching for answers about others and trying to form bonds for their own satisfaction.
In conclusion, the Thief of Heart/True Leo is probably a sweetheart who just wants to be close to people. They might need to get a better grip on who they are in order to reach the true potential of their aspects, though, because being loyal and generous is in their nature, despite their need for inner satisfaction.

Hope this helps!

(06-17-2018 12:35 PM)digitalElectra Wrote:  cool! could you maybe do gemrist? if you can't, that's okay. thanks!
Ooooh, interesting combo here.
The Gemrist is Yellow blood + Prospit + Time, and this brings a few different things to mind...
One of the main things I see is the Prospit + Gold blood combo. I believe that a Prospitian Goldblood is energetic and eager to a T. I like to think of them as the smart kids who are always fascinated to pick up on new information or new interests, as goldbloods "are interested in a wide variety of topics, so they tend to be Jacks-of-all-trade" and Prospitians are just so optimistic. However, the Prospit vs. Time conflict is what really makes The Streetwise interesting.

Time and Derse are a match made in heaven, both attributes characterized by skepticism, active change, and relentless problem solving. In contrast, Prospit is about optimism, flexibility, and creative management of day-to-day issues. However, this contrast could mean quite a bit for this sign's personality. I believe that the Streetwise is naturally naive and impulsive, yet clever enough to understand the consequences of their nature.
Gold bloods are smart bois, and Time players are probably gonna have a good sense of cause and effect. But they just can't seem to help but get a little out of their head sometimes. They try to plan ahead in their lives to ensure success while adhering to a given set of rules (as Prospit dreamers do) but as Time players, they simply can't seem to do too well when it comes to failure, and sort of break their own principles.

With all that said, they're still very good about solving problems before they happen. They can plan ahead of time and handle issues well, using a good intellect and a wonderful sense of rules, trial and error, and other such skills helpful for making good decisions for themselves. They just need to learn how to balance their possible perfectionist nature and their ability to cope with failure or conflict when they're unable to prevent it.

Hope this helps!
man i have no idea how coherent this stuff is tonight

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Offline 06-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Reply: #46
thank you so much! this'll be very useful :)

...could you also do a classpect analysis of 'mage of time'? if you're busy that's okay though
Offline 06-17-2018, 08:19 PM (This reply was last modified: 06-17-2018 08:27 PM by Dilmec.)(Edited by Dilmec.)
Reply: #47
(06-17-2018 01:02 PM)XenmusHykrus Wrote:  uhhh, I kinda need help deciphering a few.

Knight of Space
Mage of Mind
Heir of Time
Maid of Doom
Bard of Breath and
Rogue of Rage

alright let's seeeeeeee

Knight of Space
Knights exploit/weaponize/protect their aspect, and Space is about living in the present and using creative flexibility to one's advantage.

Knights tend to protect their true natures through personas, and use their aspects as shields in general; shields to protect themselves emotionally/mentally and literally, shields to protect others, etc. They're also good at turning their aspect into a weapon or a tool to solve their issues, much like how Karkat used his knowledge of connections to assist his friends with their own problems, and how Dave generally solved tons of issues by exploiting Time itself.
I believe the Knight of Space would be very talented at knowing when action is necessary and when it's best to just let things come and go. They ensure that as Time marches on, they can use their creativity, wit, and adaptive nature to help their friends and themselves recover from and take advantage of anything coming their way. Maybe they try to come off as though they have it all figured out, like they've got plans for everything, when really they're just really good at winging it.

Mage of Mind
Mages experience and actively learn from their aspect, and Mind is about rationality, logic, and decision making.

I imagine that the Mage of Mind has lived or will live a life of trial and error. There's no way they were always the sharpest peeps out there, and probably need to take a couple shots at something before they're able to find a solution. Eventually, being able to figure out the best, most logical solutions for issues will come naturally to them as a result of their struggles and successes. They've probably taken their time to develop a lot of sides to themselves, and you'd probably get some mixed answers when you ask their friends what kind of person they are, as Mind players tend to change their identities with the wind. They may struggle with taking emotion into consideration and remain kind of aloof, forgetting that not everyone thinks the same way they do.

Heir of Time
Heirs become embodiments of their Aspect and are often protected by it. They use their aspect to encourage change in the world, and encourage manipulation of their Aspect.
Time is about hard work, rebellion, and change, and those who are Time-bound are not usually ones to let things come as they are.

The Heir of Time is probably naturally able to figure things out and make change in how their worlds work, without much of an idea why. Timing, events, and scheduling may seem to work for them naturally. Whether they're just really good at using it or if they have some sort of luck with how well their ideas line up with what's possible is probably uncertain to them. Able to inspire others to take their fates into their own hands, they're intuitive and clever to their cores, and you can always count on them for a solution to your problems.

Maid of Doom
Oh hey, nice, I have a fantroll with this classpect.
Maids create with and through their aspect, and fix with/through their aspect as well. They serve their aspect with everything they do.
Doom is the aspect of rules, restrictions, and systems, and also the aspect that goes against Life, thus the one of disease, exhaustion, and physical limitation.

I feel like if you wanted to translate this classpect more literally, you could:
A) Imply that they tend to make people exhausted just by being there
or
B) Literally cause physical suffering and harm to others in some way.
But in the more abstract sense, they probably create systems and rulesets on their own to suit situations. These rules are likely for the best, serving as guidelines for themselves and their peers to go by to ensure success. Unfortunately, they are rather unfortunate and picked on regularly by fate, but this could help them in the long run and make it so that the Maid could have more insight on similar, or possibly *worse* issues in the future.

Bard of Breath
Bards invite destruction of their aspect, and through their aspect. They tend to passively mimic their opposite aspect.
Breath is about freedom, progression, and adaptability.

Bards are really tough to decipher. A lot of people like to translate them in Gamzee terms and imply that they're sort of the bad guys, but I don't think that's the case. I think that they just do what they want, how they want, and that tends to lead to some sort of elimination of what their given aspect is. To put it in perspective, a Bard of Breath would be naturally inclined to indulge in their friendships more often than not. Likely social people who just want to spend time with others, they're probably inclined to lift other people up to new heights. However, they likely tend to shut down examples of unruly behavior, possibly using their knowledge of others to get their peers to stay in line and focus on crucial things, and rules to follow. Really, Bards are just the wild cards of a session, so it's hard to really say for sure how they'd act. Really it depends on which direction you want to take them; to make them gradually realize the true nature of their aspect like Gamzee? Or to learn to rely on the opposite?

Rogue of Rage
Rogues redistribute and relocate their aspect.
Rage is the aspect of skepticism, anarchy, and breaking systems in search of truth.
I'm of the belief that the Rogue of Rage wouldn't actually be a very enraged person. Rogues tend to be avoidant of their aspect in some sense and would rather other people have access to it. I imagine they'd be good at calming some people down and making them a bit more optimistic, while also encouraging negative thoughts and skepticism in the minds of foolishly hopeful people. Their challenge would be to properly help others know when it's right to remain calm by literally taking their Rage through their laidback and rational attitude, and then instill chaos among people where chaos is supposedly needed.

Hope this helps! (sorry it's. kinda long)

(06-17-2018 08:10 PM)digitalElectra Wrote:  thank you so much! this'll be very useful :)

...could you also do a classpect analysis of 'mage of time'? if you're busy that's okay though
Sure thing!
Mages tend to experience and learn to understand their aspect. They usually struggle through their aspect in order to learn its true nature. Likewise, the Mage of Time would probably struggle through the pressure of understanding how to solve issues. Naturally searching for satisfaction, they'd be inclined to seek out solutions to their problems, and that can lead to a whole ton of issues. At times, their desire to fix issues could end up being the wrong choice, and that ends up sealing them into some sort of consequence. This forces them to learn about what's important, and they, like many Mages, have to go through some form of trial and error before they truly know the ins and outs of their classpect.
Eventually, their search for order will become a lot more natural to them, and they'll be able to juggle problems and solutions with ease. It'll take some thick skin to reach their full potential, though, and will require a lot of patience on the Mage's behalf, especially with an aspect as difficult to handle as Time.

Hope this helps!

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Offline 06-17-2018, 10:59 PM
Reply: #48
Thank you!
You were right about them being for the same character :3

-Brexis
x1(list)
x1
Offline 06-18-2018, 08:30 AM
Reply: #49
thanks, man. needed it X:D

there have been thousands to walk upon our planet.
We haven't been awake to see them.

people I can maybe/definitely/probs do: john, dave, karkat, Eridan
x1(list)
x1
Offline 06-18-2018, 11:31 PM
Reply: #50
thank you! this is very helpful 0u0

hey! I rp as roxy, and sometimes other characters if i feel like it!
x1(list)
x1

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)