Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Extended Zodiac/God Tier Analysis
Offline 02-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Reply: #31
RE: Extended Zodiac/God Tier Analysis
(02-12-2018 11:08 AM)lonelyTroubadour Wrote:  thank ya! you're pretty good at this stuff
im glad! i love writing these lol

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 02-13-2018, 07:07 PM
Reply: #32
Heyo neat idea you've got here!
Just wondering if you could take a look at Caprio the Opaque! (Derse + Heart)

Also, if it's not too much trouble, would you be able to assign a god tier class to a Caprio? Np if I you can't, I'm cool with just analysis. Thanks in advance!
Offline 02-14-2018, 12:44 AM
Reply: #33
(02-13-2018 07:07 PM)KillerLimousine Wrote:  Heyo neat idea you've got here!
Just wondering if you could take a look at Caprio the Opaque! (Derse + Heart)

Also, if it's not too much trouble, would you be able to assign a god tier class to a Caprio? Np if I you can't, I'm cool with just analysis. Thanks in advance!

Oooh, alrighty.
Okay, let's see... Caprio, The Opaque, is the sign of Purple Blood + Derse + Heart.

What's interesting about the Extended Zodiac is that almost any combination of sign, dream moon, and aspect turns out to have a very nicely ironed pattern ironed out already, if you read between the lines.

Capricorns are naturally workaholics who will never stop pushing towards their goal. I believe this goes well with Derse's calculating, determined personalities. This has me believing that the Opaque would be quite an unstoppable force when it comes to handling important or even simply interesting tasks.

Now, as for their Aspect, here's where the title "Opaque" seems to come in. To be opaque is to be non-transparent / unable to be seen through. Identity, personality, and soul are quite important to the Heart-bound, and I believe the Opaque's natural purple-blood attitude would have them forge an identity for themselves that no one could truly understand. They know themselves better than anyone else, so their motivations and their aspirations are often enigmas to those around them.

The thing about the Caprio is that they're probably really hard to predict. Their values, their interests, and the tasks they manage all change with the wind. And as Heart players, they tend to take off metaphorical masks and have multiple sides to themselves that are revealed whenever they choose.

Now, as for a Class... I'm sorta unsure! The class of a god tier can dramatically change the abilities, ideals, and personality of a character depending on how you go about it... the class, strangely enough, tends to be the determining factor in which direction a character is taken.
In the end, it's really up to you. I think an active class like a Knight, Thief, or Witch would fit well into the general personality so far (these all essentially involve using Heart to the player's advantage, and I think the Opaque would be the type to do so), but there's a lot of possibilities. If you do end up thinking of a class you'd want to stick with, I can always analyze some for you, but it's hard to really derive a class from this information, because it heavily influences the true identity of the player.

I hope this helps!

Offline 02-14-2018, 02:06 AM
Reply: #34
Thanks a lot! Thank you for the analysis, it helps a lot for the character :)
I might return with a God Tier too lmao
Offline 02-14-2018, 05:17 AM
Reply: #35
(02-14-2018 02:06 AM)KillerLimousine Wrote:  Thanks a lot! Thank you for the analysis, it helps a lot for the character :)
I might return with a God Tier too lmao

ayyy im happy to analyze one of those for you too, im glad it helps!

Offline 02-14-2018, 08:59 AM
Reply: #36
Hello hello, I am back as (tentatively) promised with a request for a Witch of Heart please!
Offline 02-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Reply: #37
(02-14-2018 08:59 AM)KillerLimousine Wrote:  Hello hello, I am back as (tentatively) promised with a request for a Witch of Heart please!

Ah, a Witch of Heart! I've put plenty of thought into this one, since I have a fantroll with this classpect.
Let's see...

The Witch class is a manipulation class. They tend to be the type to bend the rules of their aspect in their favor. In a session, if they don't like how something works, they will make it work how they want to without hesitation.

And as for the Heart aspect, well, they generally tend to deal with personas, identity, and emotion-type things.

I think in the presence of a Witch of Heart everyone's core values are basically subject to change, no matter who they are. To clarify, the Witch of Heart could easily change people's emotions, values, and morals on a whim. They'd have a way of relating to people in a way that could make them trustworthy.
To put this concept in perspective, imagine two people in a heated argument that's bound to end in flames. Toss in a Witch of Heart, and they can easily get both to calm down. Or, if the Witch pleases, they can intensify the situation in order for both parties to be even angrier.

Bottom line is, the Witch of Heart would be able to change people's identities and actions in an instant. People who would normally be grumpy and sour might be a delightful friend when the Witch is around. A brave, confident person may become an anxious wreck around the Witch. It all depends, but I imagine that it would be a very intentional thing, unless they weren't conscious of their actions.

Now, in case you were planning on using the Purple + Derse + Heart combo for the Witch of Heart, here's a bit of a combined analysis.
The Opaque would likely be quite a wild card, changing their behaviors to their mood. This means that their ability to manipulate people might be used for a variety of reasons, since they can't seem to stick to one persona a lot of the time. They might use their skills for fun, for the good of a team or the bad, they might be malicious, innocent, and they might not be doing it on purpose at all. All that's for sure is, their fluxuating personality has something about it that manages to persuade people to drop everything and act some uncharacterized way.

In a Sburb session, their role would be quite a fun one for them. At their best, they use their abilities to create emotions and characteristics in their teammates to make them more productive... if the Witch of Heart is effective enough, there might not be a whole lot of long-lasting conflict within the session at all, really. But, a less effective or antagonistic one would likely use their powers to create conflict or chaos at their will. Such is the struggle of a Witch... to avoid using their abilities too recklessly. The Witch of Heart has a lot of power at their fingertips, even before god tiering, due to their natural place of esteem, and the probably high regard they have from their teammates.

I hope this helps your character some more!

Offline 02-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Reply: #38
Yes thanks so much! I've definitely decided on Witch now uvu
Keep up the good work!
x1(list)
x1
Offline 04-07-2018, 09:04 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-07-2018 09:07 PM by mecurialMeditator.)(Edited by mecurialMeditator.)
Reply: #39
What can you tell me about The Sylph of mind? Or Gemza? (As you can see its in my profile pic^^)

Nice job youre doing btw Cool

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

(=)
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 04-29-2018, 12:49 AM (This reply was last modified: 04-29-2018 01:17 AM by Dilmec.)(Edited by Dilmec.)
Reply: #40
(04-07-2018 09:04 PM)mecurialMeditator Wrote:  What can you tell me about The Sylph of mind? Or Gemza? (As you can see its in my profile pic^^)

Nice job youre doing btw Cool

shiiiit it's been a while whoops
Sorry it's been so long since I've checked this memo, or for that matter, MSPARP in general. But! I liked this and it was fun, so here's a bump for yall.
NOTE: If Extended Zodiac's sorta exhausted its appeal at this point, there's always god tiers! But I'm happy to do either!

So, the Sylph of Mind.
Sylphs, canonically, heal their aspect/heal through their aspect, figuratively and literally.
Mind, canonically, is the aspect of rationality, logic, and a changing identity.

So let's look at this little combob. I believe the Sylph of Mind is naturally intuitive and attentive. Very much a logical problem solver. If someone's Mind is in jeapordy, if something or someone is troubling them to a point of mental disarray, you bet the Sylph of Mind is gonna scoot over and help them out until they're thinking calmly and rationally again. If two people are arguing over some decision to be made, like say, what movie to watch, the Sylph of Mind will waltz on up and suggest another movie that they all agree on. Because they're just that good at coming up with that sort of solution.

That said, the Sylph may have trouble considering emotions in a non-superficial way. They may see all solutions through a light of "what makes sense" and "what doesn't". Since Mind opposes Heart, that means that Heart may not even occur to them when solving problems that go beyond a level of logic. Though they might feel inclined to help or "heal" people's confusion naturally, they simply would struggle with actually helping in more emotional issues.

I imagine that like most Mind players, the Sylph would have a lot of layers surrounding their emotions. When asked how they feel, their response will likely be quick and simple. When insulted or made fun of, they'll probably shrug it off. But it's possible that the Sylph's layers are especially fragile... they coddle, 'heal', and help others with their problems to avoid facing more emotional troubles. Though they might not be the most emotional people, but if you can crack that shell, I'm sure they've got a lot of stuff to work on underneath their clever, intuitive surface.

In a Sburb session, I see them being great planners for certain events, and very good at offering solutions to confusing or troubling parts of the game.

That'll do it for the Sylph of Mind! I'll get to Gemza next.

So, Gemza is Goldblood + Derse + Mind, and I'm just gonna say this:
Goldblood intelligence + Dersite shrewdness + Mind logic = DAMN are they smart what the hell.

No, seriously. I can see the Shrewd being the planner of all planners, logical and well-read. Intricate and determined to succeed in their endeavors, and if they fail, they instantly note it and figure out how to avoid such a tragedy in the future.

Now, mustards tend to be kid of enigmatic, so smart that other people can be too dumb to get how smart they are. Naturally this goes well with Mind's tendency to have fluid identities. Sometimes it's hard for others to really get them in all of their peculiar ways, but I imagine they know what they're doing.

The Shrewd would likely be good at balancing their options, seeing a variety of possible decisions and being able to promptly choose juuust the one they're looking for to succeed.

Naturally, however, this natural intellect might alienate them at times. Unable to really easily convey emotion, their clever nature might make them hard to understand personally. Even they might not think they have time to figure themselves out. Derse players tend to live in dissatisfaction, so they probably can't get too good of a grip on such trivial matters. What's important is that they see things with intricate, attentive detail and make the best choices in terms of what makes the most sense or what the least dumb thing would be to do.

By the way!
If The Shrewd were a Sylph of Mind, I can see their problem solving natures working quite well. They would naturally be able to make clever decisions that don't always make sense, but almost always work. I imagine that Derse's tendency to self depriciate could make it evident that something beyond their logic skills is in some sort of rut, and if someone can get by their calculating nature, they might find something beyond it.

Hope this helped!

(im sorry i let this die)

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)