Post Reply 
 
Freshness Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
Offline 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Reply: #1
Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
The end of the world is near.


Just like it was 20 years ago.

And 20 years before that.

And 20 years before that.

And so it continues.

And one young man knows this. He's been aware of this for years now, and finally, on his 13th birthday, on June 21st, 2017, this spoiled brat sits among his mounds of presents looking stoic and unsatisfied.
With spiky hair and an unsavory attitude, this young man seems like he feels entitled to something. But what?
Before we get to all that...

=> Enter name.


[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Away 12-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
> Unimpressed Know-it-all

would happily take role of mod if asked
thx starlitEnchantress for the talksprite(s)!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-04-2017, 03:02 AM
Reply: #3
RE: Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
(12-03-2017 10:11 PM)Ekura123 Wrote:  > Unimpressed Know-it-all

No, no, that's not it! Try again.

> ALEX HARRIS
Bingo!

> Alex: Explore room.

Your name is ALEX, and as previously mentioned, today is your BIRTHDAY. You could probably tell based on the RANDOM PRESENTS scattered about your room. You’re not planning on opening them yet for your own personal reasons. You’re something of an EDGELORD, but it’s definitely not an intentional choice. You just happen to come off as one to those around you. You have a passion for ACTION. You love going on little adventures, trials, and things of that sort. You’re a huge superhero and comic book fan. In fact, you love action movies in general, even those that don’t delve into the wonders of muscular men in tights, like Terminator and Robocop, and countless characters from ACTION-PACKED games. You’ve got figurines of your favorite action characters everywhere, along with tons of posters.
You're currently awaiting something important, and your POP should be bringing it upstairs soon. Until then, what will you do?

[Observe Computer?]
[Observe figurines?]
[Go out and confront Pop?]
[Open Presents?]

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-04-2017, 04:27 AM
Reply: #4
RE: Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
> Observe your precious computer, Alex.

there have been thousands to walk upon our planet.
We haven't been awake to see them.


people I can maybe/definitely/probs do: john, dave, karkat, Eridan
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-04-2017, 05:22 AM (This reply was last modified: 12-04-2017 05:44 AM by Dilmec.)(Edited by Dilmec.)
Reply: #5
RE: Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
> Alex: Observe PRECIOUS COMPUTER.
Recently, you've been clearing excess space on this thing. All the files you don't need are now gonzo. You're gonna need all the extra data for that game you're gonna get.
You notice there's a notification from one of your close friends. You decide to open it up and see what's going on.
You suppose actually asking your Pop about this present would be a lot smarter than just assuming he'll just give it to you. CG is right, you gotta work for it. What will you do?

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-04-2017, 07:28 AM
Reply: #6
RE: Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
> Observe figurines
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-04-2017, 07:55 AM
Reply: #7
RE: Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
> Alex: Observe figurines.
You go over to the shelf and observe your various action figures, and search for your favorite one. Ah yes… the LUCKY SPIDERMAN COLLECTIBLE FIGURINE. You obtained this one day on a camping trip, after finding it in almost mint condition dropped near a bush. For whatever reason, whenever you have this on you, tasks come a lot easier to you. You deemed it lucky,and whenever you nerd a bit of fortune, you make sure to keep it with you.

Now you feel prepared to go after what's rightfully yours! You're gonna go downstairs and DEMAND he gives you what you want.
> Alex: Go out of your room.
You twist and turn the door handle to no avail. Your door is shut and locked tight.
You suppose this was his plan all along. Your Pop knew you would eventually make an attempt to exit, and him locking the door was his way of saying “Come at me, you little shit.” What a diabolical father. You love him dearly. However, now is the time to get serious. He made this PERSONAL. This wasn’t just him locking you in, this was an announcement that this was gonna be a challenge. Hmm… Now what to do?

The only way out of this gift-filled prison is through the window. You could make your way out if you climb down the OAK TREE just outside of your bedroom. You could get in from the front door and track down your Pop from there. Your dog, Griffin, is probably somewhere in the house, having him as an ally on this little journey would be helpful. What's the plan?

[Look around room for something to climb down with?]
[Open presents in case they contain supplies?]
[Just hop out the window and try to grab a branch?]

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Away 12-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Reply: #8
RE: Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
> Open presents in case they contain supplies

would happily take role of mod if asked
thx starlitEnchantress for the talksprite(s)!
x1(list)
x1
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 12-06-2017, 02:35 AM
Reply: #9
RE: Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
Hey! Maybe he supplied you with helpful things in your presents!
You open a few.

=>
Wish...
=>
HE GOT YOU THE LIMITED EDITION GERF™ X-90 LIGORIFER SHOTGUN!! It’s just a toy, since there’s no way he’d just get you a random shotgun. Still though, pretty cool.
There’s also a handcrafted Indiana Jones whip, a bag of Bellie Jellies, a DVD copy of Spiderman: Homecoming, and a pair of headphones, the nice kind. Score.
You open the window to your bedroom. It’s a long way down, but the only way out. There’s the BIG OAK TREE in the yard, and a sturdy looking branch. Now you just need something to hook onto it.
=>
You use the Indiana Jones Whip and wrap it around the tree branch. You swing out of the window and carefully climb down the trunk. You feel your phone buzz in your pocket, probably a message from a friend. You're kind of busy, though...
Now that you're down, what now?

[Sneak into living room?]
[Go through back door?]
[Answer message.]

[Image: unknown.png]
Check out Sburblin, a written fanventure by yours truly!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Away 12-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Reply: #10
RE: Sburblin: A Written Fanventure
> Answer message

would happily take role of mod if asked
thx starlitEnchantress for the talksprite(s)!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Board jump:


User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)