Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Life on Earth C
Group TagsCanon OC AU P
Offline 09-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Reply: #1
Life on Earth C
((Hi, I'm Soph. A few of you may know me from previous RPs. I put a pause on role-playing for a while because life has been so busy for me. Between school, work, etcetera, I haven't had much time to spend on leisurely bullshit. However, I've recently come across a wealth of free time at moderate personal expense, and decided to make the most out of a mediocre situation. So I played through Hiveswap a solid 3 times, and now I'm starting a long term RP group right before the PARP Forums get fucking glassed. Yay. As always, no muse application necessary, just jump right in. Canon, OC, and AU characters welcome. Cross fandom is typically hard to work, but if you think can pull it off then you are not only welcome but encouraged to try. Go crazy.

TL;DR: It's RP time, motherfuckers.))

The sun rises over Earth C. Today is a new day on the new planet. There are friends to be made and adventures to be had! Maybe you'll go out and explore the ancient underground ruins with your friends. You love going down into the ruins! You find all kind of mysterious stuff down there!

Of course, the recent political discourse kinda puts a damper on things. Just last week, the headline of the inter-kingdom newspaper, the Common Hornograph, read "ASSASSINS MAKE ATTEMPT ON CREATORS LIVES". The article went on to claim that there is a group of unknown people speaking out against the creators.

You can't even imagine who would do something so awful! You don't know what you'd do without your lovely queens. The Seer, Sylph, Rogue, and Muse have only just returned after 5,000 years, and already you'd be lost without them. Some people say that you carapacians become too quickly attached to authority figures, and to that you say, "you've got a point."

Oh well, everyone has their flaws. But as you said before, it's a new day, and you're wasting daylight just standing here! You exit your can-shaped house and step out into your yard. You live in the city of New Prospit in neighborhood A4. You love your house! It was cheap because it is right on the edge of the board, and it provides immediate access to the ruins in the countryside.

The ruins are mostly made up of shitty liberties, but every now and then you'll find something really neat! You'd probably find more cool stuff if you went deeper in, but the further you go the more treacherous it gets. Cave ceilings held aloft only by the crumbling remains of tall human buildings called sky scrapers, there has been more than one incident of adventurous souls like yourself getting caught in a cave in.

But it's all worth it when you get your hands on some strange artifact from a the ancient past! You collect everything you find, keeping them all safe in your can house. You know that one day they'll come in handy. Some day it will turn out that only you have just the thing to help save the world, and everyone will see that they're not just stupid junk, DW! That will show DW's stupid Dersite butt. Some day, you're going to help save the world, or your name isn't Intrepid Arbiter!

((I tried to set up a few easy roles for OCs. You could be one of the assassins, one of IA's adventuring buddies, or whatever else you come up with. Happy RPing!))

8^y
Part 2 is up and with more nonsense than ever.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Life on Earth C
You walk through the marketplace bleary and caffeine-deprived. You run a grey hand through black locks that you know are slightly disheveled. Chess people, humans, and trolls alike mill about around you. The farmer's market is lively with the buzz of concerned citizens and people purchasing wares and food of all sorts and sizes.

Like anyone else in that square, you truly care about the horrible news of the assassination. However, you can get a little... intractable when you haven't had your cafe vanilla frappuccino with two extra shots. Frankly, you just can't help but not give a shit about the world around you. You need to go out, buy your coffee and your groceries, then get in contact with some of your friends to see about some expeditions you've been thinking about partaking in.

Rumor had it that there were some wicked (by wicked you mean "ehhh better than average") ruins that had been discovered when some other adventurous young civilians got a little too adventurous by lighting some excavation dynamite in a tunnel. Turns out the stupid kids were too scared to delve into the depths of the cave they'd found. You have a feeling this would be right up your and your friends' alleys. Besides, where there was something new to explore, there was bound to be some treasure at the end of the journey.

You reach the Cometcurrency cafe entrance and stand in line, waiting a little while (a short 45 minutes) before you get to the front. A kind black chess person greets you and asks your name.

"Locusa," you mutter, yawning a little. They reply with a little 'what was that?' look, and you repeat yourself.

"Locusa," you say again, a little louder. However, you are not loud enough to be heard over the grinding of fresh coffee beans in the background. You grit your teeth as they finally stop mashing the dusty concoction.

"Locusa Messis." Finally, the employee rings you up, and you wait for your coffee in the cafe lounge. You wave politely to a few usual customers that pass by, and you open your Sylladex. Your Celestial Modem asks you to name the constellation shown on the Sylladex's front. You lazily type in "Cassiopeia" and watch the captchalogue deck pop up in the formation of a star map. You scroll through until you find your Husktop, and let it plop into your waiting palms.

"Order for Locusa Messis!" the chess person from before calls out, and you grumble a little as you step up to take the drink. You thank the kind woman and move back to the lounge. A wave of euphoria washes over you as you take your first sip. Coffee has this effect on you, making you at least four hundred times as peppy and tolerable.

You have a feeling you should work on that.

Without even checking to see if they're online, you open up your Trollian program and click on your chum's name. You start to type a simple greeting to your friend, Intrepid Arbiter.

DD: Good morning.

Hiya! I'm dramaticDabbler. I often RP as my OC fantroll, Locusa Messis, but I'm up for just about anything!
[Image: Al9bugL.png]
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-16-2017, 07:23 PM (This reply was last modified: 09-16-2017 07:25 PM by la devotee.)(Edited by la devotee.)
Reply: #3
ooooomg here we go again i love your roleplays so,, here goes!!

You are not supposed to be here.

You're an outcast, someone different from the rest. You don't recognize the faces of the trolls, carapaces, humans and hybrids around you; they're all so new and so foreign. You haven't seen Lalonde, Egbert, and Strider in ages and just thinking of them makes your heart clench in your chest uncomfortably. You move your way through the crowd of many, many people, fidgeting with the ribbon on your skirt. You probably should never have interfered with the business of others.

You recall that one time, you were able to enter a dreambubble; that dreambubble was a clusterfuck and you were not very aware of the exact happenings. But all of them were doomed - all of them were. If you were able to remember accurately, you were the only one left as the Alpha, as the one who was alive. Maybe there were others, but you don't really know. It's been a long while and your memory doesn't really serve you well.

You smile ruefully - it's been many, many, many years, yet you still miss your friends dearly. How... amusingly sentimental. You hold on to the possibility that a door will open for you to enter through, and you'll be able to see your close friends again. Some day, perhaps; but that day you didn't see any time soon. It's been too long - they were like you, yes, with conditional immortality; but you're not sure.

You push open a door to a quaint coffee shop you go to every day - Cometcurrency, right? - at the exact time, always with the same order. It took you quite a while to get to the front, but you manage. "caramel frappucino w/ extra syrup, decaf. also probs a cinnamon roll with banana bread."

You sigh as you sit by the window to wait for your order, observing your surroundings with interest. You push your glasses up slightly, opening a copy of the daily inter-kingdom newspaper. You lean against the glass wall of the cafe, humming a little tune to yourself as you do so.

Your name has changed numerous times, to keep up with the fact that none of the people here are the same from five thousand years ago. But you remember the name given to you, and you suppose it didn't hurt if you used it again.

"Order for Roxy Harley!"

Ah, there it was. You waited for your banana bread long enough.

[Image: 0EMev84.png]

^ !! my au !! ^
Offline 09-16-2017, 11:31 PM
Reply: #4
As you wait for your dear friend to reply, multiple articles about the attacks on the Creators fill your screen. Your eyes flit over them, devouring the information with newfound interest. Your energy surges and your concern for people and their lives begins to return.

Hoo boy. That frappuccino is giving ya the plural peps.

Amidst one of the articles is a photograph of the scene of the crime. Your curiosity causes you to zoom in on the panic that the scenery depicts. Carapician officers form a protective barrier around the safe house that they have made out of the castle, and onlookers eye the bullet holes in walls and the ground with horror. You can't help but make a note to yourself that for the number and angle of the bullets, there had to be a great number of people who made up the onslaught. How the queens survived is a mystery, and you are thankful that nobody was killed.

"Order for Roxy Harley!"

The call goes out into the cafe, snapping you out of your analytical daze. That name is familiar, just like the face of the young woman who ordered the drink. She's in the shop every day and always orders the same thing. You look over in the direction of the human you have not yet gotten acquainted with. She sits by the window, just a little bit away from you. Certainly talking distance. Yup. You should talk to her.

You should talk to her.

You should talk to her.

You should, but... you aren't the best at introductions in person. Call it unspeakably pathetic, but you met most of your real life friends, like Intrepid Arbiter, on Trollian. There, you could at least filter random messages by interest or timeline. Later on, you would meet in real life, once you both check on the legitimacy of the user. You're careful not to meet up with any random person.

Roxy is still there, a few feet away. Why don't you just say something? Do it!

"H-Hi, Roxy," you push out. Oh Gog, what if she thinks you're a creepy stalker because you know her name? What if she's never even noticed your presence? You're a highly observant person, you notice everybody, but what about her? Shit shit SHIT!

You wonder if it's too late to abscond the hell out of there. You probably look like a cerulean-blooded psychopath, now that you feel the facial expression you're pulling in your frustration with yourself.

Hiya! I'm dramaticDabbler. I often RP as my OC fantroll, Locusa Messis, but I'm up for just about anything!
Offline 09-17-2017, 12:17 AM
Reply: #5
You stand, leaving behind the newspaper to save the seat before you do so. As you grab your order and head back to your seat, you're thinking about what the rest of the day would entail for you, until someone calls your name.

There are millions of other Roxy's out there. You know a Roxy Lalonde, for one, mentioned in passing by someone from a long time ago. But you look up in the middle of biting the piece of bread and you swallow it quickly. "o," you say smartly, and you turn to the cerulean-blooded troll who called your name.

You think you've seen her around, though. She probably ordered before you, so you're not really very aware what her name is. But you're sure you've seen her somehow - one way or another. You glance from where she was from, and note the frappucino she bought. Vanilla, definitely, and not decaf. Hm.

You clear your throat and smile; did you take too long to answer? Fuck, now she'd see you as weird. "idk a lot of bluebloods but hello 2 u too!" You hoped you didn't sound too rude; you think you did. "i guess im kinda familiar by now?? assumin u a regular round here bc u kno my name. or yknow u just heard my order." You laugh a little and your smile widens slightly at yourself. It feels nice to talk to someone legitimately, outside of ordering shit and apologizing to strangers you bump into on the streets.

"anw u know my name but i dunno urs, whats ur name?"

You debate on whether or not you're going to add 'cutie' at the end. She looks quite adorable, you could say. Maybe you could mack on her some time - you make a mental note of that. But not now, you muse, adjusting your glasses slightly out of habit.

[Image: 0EMev84.png]

^ !! my au !! ^
Offline 09-17-2017, 01:09 AM
Reply: #6
You hope you can adjust your posture in the most subtle way possible. What comes out of your thought process is a super awkward shuffling in your seat and a wry smile.

"My name's Locusa," you finally speak, a little more at ease from the casual tone Roxy used. "Locusa Messis. I've seen you around here every day, and I just thought I'd introduce myself."

WARNING! WARNING! STALKER SIGNS EMINENT! BACKTRACK! BACKTRACK BEFORE YOU LOOK LIKE AN UBER CREEP!

"I-I mean, you're around here a lot when I'm here, and I've never really talked to you, so I kinda thought 'Hey, she seems like a nice girl, and we both like to drink coffee here', and... Uh... Yeah." You want nothing more than to disappear, or at least redo that wreck of a conversation starter. You run a hand through your hair -a nervous tic that you need to fix- and hold out your hand for her to shake.

Offline 09-17-2017, 03:44 AM
Reply: #7
You make your way through the city towards the nearest transport hub in B4. It's a long walk, but that's the trade off for living on the edge of the board. You can see the country side our your front window, but it's a long walk if you want to go anywhere in the city. Usually the ruins just outside your neighborhood provide plenty adventure for you, but today you have plans to investigate rumors of some new ruins that's just opened up.

You don't recognise most of the buildings on your walk, but you like to admire them! Sometimes you wonder what it must be like to have helped build them. You weren't around back then like some of the older carapacians. You only just turned 413 years old! Some of the carapaces you know, like UO who lives down the street, have been around since the Creation. WV and PM in City Hall are rumored to be even older than that, some shells say they were around even before the Creation!

Finally, you reach the transport station. You look up and read the display screen to see when the next hover ship is leaving. TWO MINUTES!? You scurry through the terminal as quick as your stubby legs will carry you and hop on a hover ship just as the doors are closing. Phew. Now you take your seat as the engines rumble on and wait for take off.

The ship launches from the terminal and takes off into the sky. It won't be too long of a flight, so you sit back and peer out the window. The grey and white squares of New Prospit pass beneath you as you soar on the breeze. It's not a very big city, but then, the Carapace Kingdom isn't very big compared to the other three kingdoms. There are only ever 1352 carapacians at a time, so you don't need a huge kingdom. Every time one carapace meets an unfortunate end, a new one is made in the ectochambers. You sometimes wonder what happened to the IA who came before you, or what the IA after you will be like.

As you are pondering this, you feel your PDA vibrate with a notification. One of your friend messaged you! You open Carefree Avocation, the Prospitian version of Serious Business, and check your messages.

DD: ~☆~Good morning.~☆~
bows_and_ties: @DD. good morning! how are you today?

8^y
Offline 09-17-2017, 04:15 AM
Reply: #8
Your laptop makes a noise and you thank the Creators for everything they've done. You immediately retract your arm from it's unbelievably awkward height and grab the computer.

"Sorry!" you mumble. "It's my friend, I gotta take this... Sorry!"

DD: ~☆~Good morning.~☆~
bows_and_ties: @DD. good morning! how are you today?
DD: I'm good, drinking some coffee at Cometcurrency.
DD: Actually, I dunno if you remember that long chat that I had with you a while back... it was the one where I apologized a lot the next morning because I was really just rambling while drunk.
DD: Anyway, the girl from the cafe, Roxy, is talking to me right now! In real life!
DD: Never thought I'd work up the courage. In fact, I'm kinda screwing up this introduction a little bit...
DD: How about you?

Offline 09-17-2017, 05:17 AM
Reply: #9
bows_and_ties: @DD. i remember! your quirk became very hard to read while drunk. reading it was almost like solving a puzzle!
bows_and_ties: i am sorry to hear your introduction is going poorly. though surely roxy human will come around to your blue charm if she is as wonderful as you say she is!
bows_and_ties: i am doing well! today is a good day. a very good day! i am on a hover transport ship going out of the city!
bows_and_ties: i heard that there is a new opening to the underground ruins! so i am going to investigate. i am very excited!

8^y
Offline 09-17-2017, 06:33 AM
Reply: #10
DD: Be sure to take some pictures for me! I've been considering some near-future adventure/excavation opportunities myself.
DD: Wish me luck, I'm going to try and fix up my conversation.
DD: I hope you have a great time in the ruins! I'll be sure to get back to you later.

You set your laptop down so that you can see it in the corner of your eye and turn back to Roxy, taking another sip of coffee for a motivational boost of energy.

"Super sorry about that." You try not to mumble. "I really should have just... oh..." You freeze, and your arm goes right back up for a hopeful, graceless handshake. Internal screams are ringing in your ears, going off about how unbelievably awful you are at basic communication. Not even the typical cerulean-blood moxie can help you, for Gog's sake.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)